• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New CB

flatheadedgriz

According to Kyle's Twitter

kyle sample ‏@kyle_sample 4h4 hours ago
Montana has moved RS-frosh WR Dareon Nash to CB. Nash played both ways in high school at Charter Oak High #GrizFB 6'2" 172lbs

I wonder if Samori Toure might be a candidate as well. He played DB in high school.

Had known about this one for a little while, based solely off JB Hall's tweets. What is interesting is that he hasn't included Korey Alexander on any of those tweets. It is entirely possible that Korey does not have a twitter account, but that would be almost rare for these college athletes.

I don't think Toure is going to defensive side. They are very, very high on him as a receiver.

flatheadedgriz said:
According to Kyle's Twitter

kyle sample ‏@kyle_sample 4h4 hours ago
Montana has moved RS-frosh WR Dareon Nash to CB. Nash played both ways in high school at Charter Oak High #GrizFB 6'2" 172lbs

I wonder if Samori Toure might be a candidate as well. He played DB in high school.

Simple answer is no. Toure will be a WR and will get a lot of playing time next year. Can't move all WR to DB but saw the Nash one coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyle_sample said:
Toure will stay at WR. He could play multiple positions and is too much of an asset on the offensive side

Kyle, is last year JUCO transfer Alexander still around and playing dback?

HookedonGriz said:
kyle_sample said:
Toure will stay at WR. He could play multiple positions and is too much of an asset on the offensive side

I think he is still on the team. I am thinking they moved him to safety and he will still be a special teams guy next year.

https://youtu.be/W2SID1aRIBU

With all due to his althletic abilities & prior defensive experience, there's a good reason Toure should stay on the offensive side of the ball. This kid excels in a Stitt-like offense.

dayday said:
HookedonGriz said:
kyle_sample said:

I think he is still on the team. I am thinking they moved him to safety and he will still be a special teams guy next year.

As far as I know he is still there

Disappointing that Nash won't be tearing it up at the Z.

However, he will shine at CB as well. After all, he is known by the coaches to be "smooth as butter", and after watching his highlights I certainly see what they mean. The kid is a fluid athlete. Star for the Griz in any capacity he sees the field. :clap:

dayday said:
HookedonGriz said:
kyle_sample said:

Alexander played a year of Safety and a year of CB in junior college.
He played Nickleback (not the Canadian band) and ST for the Griz last season.
Hope he contributes nicely in his true SR campaign...

Nash switched to #7. Alexander has switched to safety. Updated weights and positions going into Spring for all players.

http://gogriz.com/roster.aspx?path=football

AZGrizFan said:
Cy Steele? Where did this guy come from?

He walked on last year. Was a traditional walk on so didn't even get to go to fall camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back