• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Overheard At a Blackjack Table in Vegas This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZGrizFan

DONOR
So I walk up to a blackjack table in NY/NY sporting Griz gear (of course), and there's two dweebs sitting there. As I prepare to sit, the convo goes something like this:

Dweeb #1: Sorry, but this table only allows Bobcats to sit here.
Me: That's alright, I'll sit down and class up the joint.
Dweeb #2: blah blah blah blah blah blah
Dweeb #1: blah blah blah
Dweeb #1: We've got scoreboard
Me: 73-38, 30-6, how many numbers you want? Hell, even a broke clock is right twice a day.

This goes on for some time. They got so desperate that they had to play the attendance card...At one point, Dweeb #1 hit a 16 and pulled a 5, and states "well, it's better to be lucky than good!"

Me: Ah, the bobscat's motto for the last 100 years!

Finally, after about an hour of them getting verbally abused at every turn, they got up to leave.

Me: Go Griz!
Dweeb #1: Eat Shit Griz, Go Cats Go!
Me: FTC! FTC!
My Wife: Yes. Go, cats...just GO....

Truly enjoyable. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

disclaimer: It's entirely possible these two are eGriz posters....they were fairly well versed in all the same stupidity that goes on here on a daily basis. They were in town for a bowling tournament. A fucking BOWLING tournament. Who do they think they are? Lebowski?

Lil Bro Syndrome is a devastating life-long ailment. Unfortunately there appears to be no cure, at least insofar as the Montana strain of LBS is concerned. Poor kit kats.

What is the reason when I'm anywhere on the West Coast I see people wearing Griz clothing? I was at the Ram in Seattle recently, and a group of four or five walked in with Griz sweatshirts and hats. As far as I know, there was no game going on. I see the same thing in SoCal and Arizona no matter the time of year. Is it a pride thing? Are people looking for other Griz or fans of rival teams? This truly interests me.

blazerbird said:
What is the reason when I'm anywhere on the West Coast I see people wearing Griz clothing? I was at the Ram in Seattle recently, and a group of four or five walked in with Griz sweatshirts and hats. As far as I know, there was no game going on. I see the same thing in SoCal and Arizona no matter the time of year. Is it a pride thing? Are people looking for other Griz or fans of rival teams? This truly interests me.

It's called "being a fan". Look into it. :thumb:

It's not surprising the cat fan drew a 5 on a 16 hand because as you know..... they "dominate in everything."

AZGrizFan said:
So I walk up to a blackjack table in NY/NY sporting Griz gear (of course), and there's two dweebs sitting there. As I prepare to sit, the convo goes something like this:

Me: 73-38, 30-6, how many numbers you want? Hell, even a broke clock is right twice a day.

This goes on for some time. They got so desperate that they had to play the attendance card...At one point, Dweeb #1 hit a 16 and pulled a 5, and states "well, it's better to be lucky than good!"

Finally, after about an hour of them getting verbally abused at every turn, they got up to leave.

disclaimer: It's entirely possible these two are eGriz posters....they were fairly well versed in all the same stupidity that goes on here on a daily basis. They were in town for a bowling tournament. A f***[*] BOWLING tournament. Who do they think they are? Lebowski?

Should have punched them in the face

The_Real_Chief said:
AZGrizFan said:

disclaimer: It's entirely possible these two are eGriz posters....they were fairly well versed in all the same stupidity that goes on here on a daily basis. They were in town for a bowling tournament. A f***[*] BOWLING tournament. Who do they think they are? Lebowski?

His "nut punch" zingers did more than any face punch could do.

AZGrizFan said:
blazerbird said:

Or called "wearing clothes". Either way, ours is better than yours... :D

AZDoc said:
AZGrizFan said:
blazerbird said:

Or called "wearing clothes". Either way, ours is better than yours... :D

:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

The_Real_Chief said:
AZGrizFan said:

Hahaha....... speaking of getting punched in the face

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07R1XE9eUAM[/youtube]

Ran into a MSU guy in Nine Fine Irishman at NY/NY Friday night myself. Told him it was nice to see a Montana guy, even it was a MSU guy. He said, "another one of you is here?" Other than that, pretty cordial shared a drink, shook hands when he left. Come to think about it, I doubt he was a cat fan. That was the most civilized conversation I have ever had with one.

AZGrizFan said:

You left out the part where you went cat-atonic when they brought up their enrollment figures and the score of the last Cat Griz FB game. But, maybe your wife bailed you out there.

poorgriz said:
The_Real_Chief said:
AZGrizFan said:

Hahaha....... speaking of getting punched in the face

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07R1XE9eUAM[/youtube]

Must have felt good to be able to add that new video to your Cats victories over the Griz collection.

I mean shit with that video the collection has increased 33% within the last decade.

First off...It was nice seeing AZ and Grizatwork this weekend in Vegas. I pulled a hammy on the 7-10 split, and my rose Bowling ball got lost by Horizon...

Secondly...No WAY these were TRUE Bobcat fans, if nothing about preseason was brought up...

Thirdly...Did they mention the TG tweet, I heard he posted something about Cats and griz.

Forthly...A True Bobcat fan would have bought you a beer, and talked about how neither team is that good.

Fifthly...GO CATS!!!

Sixthly....The New York New York??? Really???

SACCAT66 said:
First off...It was nice seeing AZ and Grizatwork this weekend in Vegas. I pulled a hammy on the 7-10 split, and my rose Bowling ball got lost by Horizon...

Secondly...No WAY these were TRUE Bobcat fans, if nothing about preseason was brought up...

Thirdly...Did they mention the TG tweet, I heard he posted something about Cats and griz.

Forthly...A True Bobcat fan would have bought you a beer, and talked about how neither team is that good.

Fifthly...GO CATS!!!

George Strait playing at the T mobile arena Saturday night. I needed to be within staggering distance.

grizatwork said:
SACCAT66 said:

Fifthly...GO CATS!!!

George Strait playing at the T mobile arena Saturday night. I needed to be within staggering distance.

Your excuse is valid...And relatable...

SACCAT66 said:
grizatwork said:
SACCAT66 said:

Fifthly...GO CATS!!!

Your excuse is valid...And relatable...

Same here. Saw him Saturday night. Plus, we were with a high-roller couple and got to spend three nights in the penthouse suite of the Century tower, and got everything comped (including suite tickets for Strait), including two huge dinners at Gallaghers and one at Chin Chin.

I paid it forward by finding a young couple up in the very top row and gave them the floor seats I'd already purchased.

Oh, and regarding the score this season, they DID bring it up...hence the "we've got scoreboard" comment. That's when I reminded them of 73-38, 30-6 over the past 36, 13-0 in basketball, etc., etc. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back