• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Expectations for the spring game

Griz til I die

DONOR
For those of you who live in Butte (including me), or are making the trip to Butte for the spring game, what do you think we're gonna see? What's the team gonna look like and how are they gonna perform?

Griz til I die said:
For those of you who live in Butte (including me), or are making the trip to Butte for the spring game, what do you think we're gonna see? What's the team gonna look like and how are they gonna perform?

I shook my black 8-ball vigorously and it came up "Signs point to Yes""

"Our veterans looked good today."
"We have some new dudes ready to compete."
"I thought all three QBs had good moments."
"I loved the way our defense flew around today."
"We have answered some questions, and we have a few remaining."
"Our conference is much improved, we have to raise the bar."
"Our guys will work their tails off this summer."
"We have work remaining on offense, and defense." "Oh, yeah - special teams as well, I almost forgot"

SoldierGriz said:
"We have work remaining on offense, and defense." "Oh, yeah - special teams as well, I almost forgot"

As Don Read said after every game: "The kids played hard!"

Defense is always ahead of the offense this time of the year.
We are real excited headed into the summer.

SoldierGriz said:

Insert "awesome" a time or three and you've got it nailed.

I am hoping to see a few new diaper dandies at WR... oh wait, wrong sport. (C'mon RS-FR, whatcha got?)

A few at CB as well... Egbo, Cowans, Nash.

Can't forget the big uglies, what do these young bucks got? Anything?

I expect that ,"6-5 is unacceptable around these parts" is said after every play until the first snap of the 2017 campaign.

SoldierGriz said:

Terrific.Took the words right out of my mouth. Ha.

The offense will look just as it did last, but most likely less efficient with less exp. Qb's running it, and folks will complain coach B.S. needs to change it, even though everyone knows he won't. I hope.....at the end of this year its an easier pill to swallow, very doubtful tho.

LOUD

AND

COLD

--------

But seriously it'll probably be crappy weather. I think the last spring game where it was pleasant weather was back in 2008 in Polson. There were two played in brutally strong and cold wind (Ronan and Helena), the one in Butte last time I think it was 40 degrees out. Last years in Missoula it was dumping rain, two years in Missoula before that it was something like a windchill of 5 degrees. I think there was one in Corvallis or Victor too where it was brutally cold and another in Polson where it was rainy and windy.

BWahlberg said:
LOUD

AND

COLD

--------

But seriously it'll probably be crappy weather. I think the last spring game where it was pleasant weather was back in 2008 in Polson. There were two played in brutally strong and cold wind (Ronan and Helena), the one in Butte last time I think it was 40 degrees out. Last years in Missoula it was dumping rain, two years in Missoula before that it was something like a windchill of 5 degrees. I think there was one in Corvallis or Victor too where it was brutally cold and another in Polson where it was rainy and windy.

And Butte's weather is about as bipolar as to comes. If it rains in Missoula it'll blizzard in Butte. When I went to Tech summer fball camp a handful of years ago, it was blizzarding in June. Coach Green made sure to tell all of us it was not cold because his know what hadn't shrank to 10 inches yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect perfection. Year three for BS, many of his recruits are in place and, he's a genius! Shouldn't take more than three years for his genius to rub off on our beloved Griz! Right?

In reality however, I expect / hope for some positive signs from the OL, CB and QB positions. If I can see that, I'll be optimistic for the coming season.

GO GRIZ!

dayday said:
BWahlberg said:
LOUD

AND

COLD

--------

And Butte's weather is about as bipolar as to comes. If it rains in Missoula it'll blizzard in Butte. When I went to Tech summer fball camp a handful of years ago, it was blizzarding in June. Coach Green made sure to tell all of us it was not cold because his know what hadn't shrank to 10 inches yet.

With Butte's evlevation at 5,538′, we tend to be a little nippy a lot of the year. If you watch your local TV weather news, you'll notice Butte is the coldest (or at least one of) a vast majority of the time. Missoula comes in at 3,209′.

Having said that, we've been seeing above average temps lately, along with the region.

dayday said:

That's funny, dayday, and a total "Greenism".

Good news is the offense will face Semore's defense instead of conference foes' so should rack up points ....but Semore's defense will face Stitt's offene instead of an 18 yr old freshman led league cellar dweller offense so might be able to contain it. Might end up low scoring especially if they try to kick extra points.

BWahlberg said:
LOUD

AND

COLD

--------

It was pretty decent in Billings in 2011. About 60 with a breeze. Sold beer all afternoon in a t-shirt and cargo shorts comfortably.

Back