• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ioane Leaving Cats for Washington

I might be completely out-on-a-limb, but I speculate he was given the opportunity to go coach in the PAC-12, and he took it.

SoldierGriz said:
I might be completely out-on-a-limb, but I speculate he was given the opportunity to go coach in the PAC-12, and he took it.

True, but I couldn't help but think of the so called fight between him and Gregorak and how they took to twitter after to make it look and sound like all was butterflies and rainbows. Don't blame him for going PAC 12 but interesting that he was looking for something else. This is a quality control position and not a position coach. Still probably pays better.

HookedonGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

True, but I couldn't help but think of the so called fight between him and Gregorak and how they took to twitter after to make it look and sound like all was butterflies and rainbows. Don't blame him for going PAC 12 but interesting that he was looking for something else. This is a quality control position and not a position coach. Still probably pays better.

Yes, and he needed to get out of the BSC to get some (different) experience. He is a future head coach - somewhere.

Good move for him. I wouldn't read anything into it, other than its a chance in the PAC-12 vs the cats.

ordigger said:
Good move for him. I wouldn't read anything into it, other than its a chance in the PAC-12 vs the cats.

I agree. If you are serious about growing as a coach, you have to be willing to leave what is comfortable and stretch yourself. That really goes for whatever profession you are in. This was a reason I was not suprised with Gregorak's move. It will be good for him in the long run as well.

Good for Ioane. He is a good guy from a good family. This will be good for his career.

I wonder if he will still be able to do his Montana High School Recruit Rankings. Be a shame to lose that.

HookedonGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

There was no fight or disagreement whatsoever between them. Was made up. I think initially by a Griz fan. Fake news.

SoldierGriz said:

Good post. Probably doubles or triples his salary too.

Or maybe UW recruited him hard, because of his experience of beating the Griz last fall.

Was a great player. And a good coach. MT kid, good luck to him.

I wonder if he will wear a red baseball U-dub hat on the sideline?

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

There was no fight or disagreement whatsoever between them. Was made up. I think initially by a Griz fan. Fake news.

Fair enough. But you gotta admit, if there was no fire to put out, it seemed very strange they would both take to twitter to put a fire out and share tweets and pics of their love and respect for one another. Those tweets were eerie.

SoldierGriz said:

Washington's DC is Pete Kwiatkowski who was Kane's DC during his career at MSU. Perfect fit. Surprised he didn't move along sooner even when Ash was at the helm.

HookedonGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
I wonder if he will still be able to do his Montana High School Recruit Rankings. Be a shame to lose that.

POTY nominee

635952894371123873-930280934_giphy.gif

HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

Fair enough. But you gotta admit, if there was no fire to put out, it seemed very strange they would both take to twitter to put a fire out and share tweets and pics of their love and respect for one another. Those tweets were eerie.

Why would that be strange or eerie? How would you counter the fake news?

PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:

Good post. Probably doubles or triples his salary too.

Or maybe UW recruited him hard, because of his experience of beating the Griz last fall.

I don't think UW is that concerned about beating us.

Back