• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gus to get tryout with Bears....

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
See, there you have it. He's playing in the NFL.

Technically he isn't.

My understanding is that it a tryout to even get invited to camp as an undrafted free agent. It is step one. Try out. They like you enough to invite you to mini camps. They like you enough to invite you to summer camp. They like you enough to keep you or sign you to practice squad.

I wish the best for him. He has taken a beating at times on this board and that frustrates me. I think everyone that suits up tries their best and they sacrifice a lot to play college ball. Then they have to hear the occasional boo at the game and know that a bunch of middle ages men on a message board are being hyper critical of you. Just for that, I hope he is successful in whatever he does.

Good luck Gus. Thanks for being a griz.

It's a rookie mini-camp. All teams have them. All rookies and some veterans go. The coach generally sets the rules on attendance. Not in pads, I don't think. Yes, BG is just getting a tryout. Obviously, it's not the NFL season or pre-season, or a game, but it's the NFL nevertheless.

PlayerRep said:
It's a rookie mini-camp. All teams have them. All rookies and some veterans go. The coach generally sets the rules on attendance. Not in pads, I don't think. Yes, BG is just getting a tryout. Obviously, it's not the NFL season or pre-season, or a game, but it's the NFL nevertheless.

Yes it is. Good for him. I hope he does well.

grizatwork said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
See, there you have it. He's playing in the NFL.

Technically he isn't.

My understanding is that it a tryout to even get invited to camp as an undrafted free agent. It is step one. Try out. They like you enough to invite you to mini camps. They like you enough to invite you to summer camp. They like you enough to keep you or sign you to practice squad.

I wish the best for him. He has taken a beating at times on this board and that frustrates me. I think everyone that suits up tries their best and they sacrifice a lot to play college ball. Then they have to hear the occasional boo at the game and know that a bunch of middle ages men on a message board are being hyper critical of you. Just for that, I hope he is successful in whatever he does.

Good luck Gus. Thanks for being a Griz.

Good post.

Had to be the damn Bears didn't it, lol.

It's a long shot for Brady but looking at the Bears QBs:

- Glennon
- Trubisky
- Sanchez
- Shaw
- Gustafson (tryout)

Glennon and Trubisky are roster locks of course. Sanchez they'd probably love to cut loose since I'd assume the cost to have him on roster as a 3rd string QB isn't feasible. Shaw might have termed out from being practice squad eligible... if so he may be the 3rd guy on the active roster.

That could leave a shot for Brady to land on the practice squad and develop there.

It's a pretty long shot, but I hope it works out for him.

BWahlberg said:

- Glennon
- Trubisky
- Sanchez
- Shaw
- Gustafson (tryout)

Glennon and Trubisky are roster locks of course. Sanchez they'd probably love to cut loose since I'd assume the cost to have him on roster as a 3rd string QB isn't feasible. Shaw might have termed out from being practice squad eligible... if so he may be the 3rd guy on the active roster.

That could leave a shot for Brady to land on the practice squad and develop there.

Jordan West also getting tryout from EWU

Speaking of Bears, qb's and Montana, heard that a former MT qb helped a former Bear qb buy a ranch in MT, after one qb was referred to the other qb by a former MT receiver. Decided not to name names, out of concern that that might be considered name-dropping

BWahlberg said:

- Glennon
- Trubisky
- Sanchez
- Shaw
- Gustafson (tryout)

This might just be the best opportunity for Gus considering the QB's on the Bears' roster now. Third-string and a clipboard is exactly what Brady NEEDS in order to have the time to develop and learn. And for the Bears he would be on a minimum dollar contract which they need because they already have Glennon signed to a big number and Trubisky as a high draft pick. The Bears are not going to pay Sanchez veteran money to be a third stringer. He's as good as gone. This may be the perfect opportunity for Brady. I wish him all the best and hope it pans out. He was a loyal Montana Grizzly player and I appreciate the effort he put in for all of us.

PlayerRep said:
Speaking of Bears, qb's and Montana, heard that a former MT qb helped a former Bear qb buy a ranch in MT, after one qb was referred to the other qb by a former MT receiver. Decided not to name names, out of concern that that might be considered name-dropping
Former Griz bought a ranch next to ours. I won't name drop either.

PhxGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Former Griz bought a ranch next to ours. I won't name drop either.
I saw a former Griz player buying a ranch dressing at Safeway. I won't name drop either.

He also knows UM alum John Connors, very well!

Back