• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jamaal Jones

Griz2k

DONOR
I heard on Tootel and Tucker today that Jamaal (sp?) is getting another shot with the Chargers. Anyone know for sure?

Yes he was signed to 90 man roster after coming back from his injury. Still not sure if he will make final 53. Awesome they brought him back though.

HookedonGriz said:
Yes he was signed to 90 man roster after coming back from his injury. Still not sure if he will make final 53. Awesome they brought him back though.

Nice! Any shot is better than no shot at all.

HookedonGriz said:

:clap:

Inland NW Griz said:
http://www.chargers.com/news/2017/05/23/unheralded-charger-catching-anthony-lynns-eye

Awesome. Glad he's doing well so far.

"While the group as a whole has impressed, Head Coach Anthony Lynn singled out one wide receiver in particular following Tuesday’s practice.

“Jamaal (Jones) has caught my eye,” he said. “The last couple weeks he’s been very solid. Catching the ball well. Available. He’s doing pretty (well).”

PlayerRep said:
Inland NW Griz said:
http://www.chargers.com/news/2017/05/23/unheralded-charger-catching-anthony-lynns-eye

Awesome. Glad he's doing well so far.

"While the group as a whole has impressed, Head Coach Anthony Lynn singled out one wide receiver in particular following Tuesday’s practice.

“Jamaal (Jones) has caught my eye,” he said. “The last couple weeks he’s been very solid. Catching the ball well. Available. He’s doing pretty (well).”

Gotta like those comments!

I get so sick and tired of these NFL teams hiring players solely on where they went to school. Take your players at each position and let them all do the exact same thing and see who does it the best.

reinell30 said:
I get so sick and tired of these NFL teams hiring players solely on where they went to school. Take your players at each position and let them all do the exact same thing and see who does it the best.

It makes about as much sense as measuring a player's speed without pads on. They should be these guys with their pads on. Some guys slow down a lot with the pads. Others don't slow down much with the pads on. I feel they should be timed with and without pads.

I am hoping Jones will be the surprise of the team this fall and find himself playing a role on the 53 man roster. Good luck, Jamaal. GRIZ NATION is behind you 100%. :thumb:

reinell30 said:
Yeah, the NFL teams are in the business to pay no attention to who does it the best.

kemajic said:
reinell30 said:
Yeah, the NFL teams are in the business to pay no attention to who does it the best.

Yeah, and some guys get a lot faster in pads and are a lot slower with no pads.

kemajic said:
reinell30 said:

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Until the Head Coach tells the Team Owner (plus General manager, Team President, otherwise known as the high brass, etc.) that he's going to play the Free Agent over and above the player that the office execs just gave a $ 5 million three to five year contract to. Yeah, right.

That Team Owner is really, really going to enjoy throwing away millions of dollars in place of a Free Agent. Huh huh.

Back