• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Trumaine Johnson top 25 in NFL

He deserves it. Great player that literally went through hell to get to where he is at now. He never gave up and I'm proud that UM never gave up on him. WIll always be a Tru fan.

Has any GRIZ proven his naysayers more wrong at the professional level? That goes for on and off the field, with him. Amazing how some said he was lazy, undisciplined, a thug, only a matter of time before he would make a major off the field mistake. I wish I could find some of the old posts bashing him through his GRIZ career, then the NFL.

To date, he appears to exemplify what it is to be a GRIZ!!

Congrats to Tru for all his success. This GRIZ fan is very proud of him
As for his naysayers and bashers, how does crow taste?

mtgrizrule said:
Has any GRIZ proven his naysayers more wrong at the professional level? That goes for on and off the field, with him. Amazing how some said he was lazy, undisciplined, a thug, only a matter of time before he would make a major off the field mistake. I wish I could find some of the old posts bashing him through his GRIZ career, then the NFL.

To date, he appears to exemplify what it is to be a GRIZ!! Congrats to Tru for all his success. This GRIZ fan is very proud of him As for his naysayers and bashers, how does crow taste?
You, might try AG1's posts. IIRC, AG1 accused Tru of flashing gang signs during games. ;)

...always had his back...
...walking talking recruiting tool...
...come to montana play at the next level...

... :clap: ...

Grizzoola said:
mtgrizrule said:

To date, he appears to exemplify what it is to be a GRIZ!! Congrats to Tru for all his success. This GRIZ fan is very proud of him As for his naysayers and bashers, how does crow taste?
You, might try AG1's posts. IIRC, AG1 accused Tru of flashing gang signs during games. ;)

Yup. AG1 called me a racist one time for saying Tru was the best player on the griz... I don't understand that logic. AG1 also said Kroy and Dan were better players than Tru...

Fact is we struck gold when we got Tru and he was treated pretty poorly around Missoula. I'm glad to know him and glad he proved people wrong.

Eriul said:
Grizzoola said:
mtgrizrule said:

Yup. AG1 called me a racist one time for saying Tru was the best player on the griz... I don't understand that logic. AG1 also said Kroy and Dan were better players than Tru...

Fact is we struck gold when we got Tru and he was treated pretty poorly around Missoula. I'm glad to know him and glad he proved people wrong.

Treated poorly around missoula. He literally told bars ...I don't pay for my drinks...I'm Trumaine Johnson. Don't you know who I am? The guy was not by any sort a good example of what it means to be a griz. He was and still is a HELL of a football player

mtgrizfankb said:
Eriul said:
Grizzoola said:
mtgrizrule said:

Treated poorly around missoula. He literally told bars ...I don't pay for my drinks...I'm Trumaine Johnson. Don't you know who I am? The guy was not by any sort a good example of what it means to be a griz. He was and still is a HELL of a football player

Not to mention he was part of the whole taser incident and then got that dui here after going to the rams. Wish we had another CB like him but he was not a squeaky clean fellow

The taser incident is a prime example of him being treated poorly. Borderline racist comments from some of the cops caught on tape.No reason to taser him. Resulted in a nolo plea to disorderly conduct and a small fine. Shows how much cops overcharged the incident and goofed up.The dui charge was bogus and went away. I have seen him paying for drinks and buying for his friends multiple times. And since he's been the NFL, he's been a big buyer of tequila shots for most everyone in the bar on occasion. Ya, no one's perfect and few college kids and football players are choir boys in this day and age. I always liked Tru, from the first time I met him.

PlayerRep said:
The taser incident is a prime example of him being treated poorly. Borderline racist comments from some of the cops caught on tape.No reason to taser him. Resulted in a nolo plea to disorderly conduct and a small fine. Shows how much cops overcharged the incident and goofed up.The dui charge was bogus and went away. I have seen him paying for drinks and buying for his friends multiple times. And since he's been the NFL, he's been a big buyer of tequila shots for most everyone in the bar on occasion. Ya, no one's perfect and few college kids and football players are choir boys in this day and age. I always liked Tru, from the first time I met him.

Good post PR. Why are we talking about the guys small problems in years gone by instead of celebrating him for the great accomplishments that he has recently gained?

Tough fucking crowd!

True enough. If everyone's college antics followed them for life there would be a whole lot (more) miserable people in the world. Fortunately most of us have closed that book and moved on. Let it go.

Grisly Fan said:
True enough. If everyone's college antics followed them for life there would be a whole lot (more) miserable people in the world. Fortunately most of us have closed that book and moved on. Let it go.

Good point. I am fairly strong on the college and post-college antics, but very weak on the big NFL (or any other) contract part. I think I read that Rob Quist left UM after getting caught with marijuana--46 years ago.

PlayerRep said:
Grisly Fan said:

Good point. I am fairly strong on the college and post-college antics, but very weak on the big NFL (or any other) contract part. I think I read that Rob Quist left UM after getting caught with marijuana--46 years ago.

I am thankful that my college stuff is in the past and not a part of how I am judged today. Pretty petty stuff, but I look back and shake my head at it.

Not sure wtf Rob Quist has to do with this other than you have made it clear that you are a Gianforte guy. Kind of weird that you shoe-horned that in there. I am for people voting for who they want to and if the guy I don't support gets elected, I will give him all the respect the office deserves. I don't even tell my wife who I vote for.

grizatwork said:
PlayerRep said:
Grisly Fan said:

I am thankful that my college stuff is in the past and not a part of how I am judged today. Pretty petty stuff, but I look back and shake my head at it.

Not sure wtf Rob Quist has to do with this other than you have made it clear that you are a Gianforte guy. Kind of weird that you shoe-horned that in there. I am for people voting for who they want to and if the guy I don't support gets elected, I will give him all the respect the office deserves. I don't even tell my wife who I vote for.

The subtopic of discussion was college antics from a long time ago being used long after the fact. The Quist comment seemed to fit that discussion perfectly. However, if you'd like more on Quist and his past and current issues, just keep it up.

2%2520Internet%2520tough%2520guy%2520skinny.jpg

PR, the resident eGriz internet tough guy.

PR's comments and comparison to Quist were quite accurate and if you took it as political then maybe you are a sensitive sissy when it comes to politics.

His point was quite clear that your college missteps don't usually follow you through you for the rest of your life... As shown by a guy who very well could be a congressman from our state being kicked out of school 46 years a go...

This thread degenerated into a PR/E.G. Pissing contest in world record time.

Well done people.

100 days until football. Think I'll take a break.

AZGrizFan said:
This thread degenerated into a PR/E.G. Pissing contest in world record time.

Well done people.

100 days until football. Think I'll take a break.

Actually this thread took some time to get derailed. Nowhere close to record time on EGRIZ. :thumb: :thumb:
By the way, I understood PR's comparison. Thankfully, most of us do not judge someone on their transgressions of young adulthood. If that were the case, many of us would not be employed and would be struggling much worse than we currently are.

Back