• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stadium Upgrades

get'em_griz

DONOR
Thought this would be a good thread to post about any future stadium upgrades.

In addition to the Champions Center construction, the turf is having a cooling system installed in it. The cooling system was originally supposed to be installed with the turf, but delayed to allow the turf to be installed in time for the kickoff game against NDSU.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/turf-cooling-system-going-in-at-washington-grizzly-stadium-this/article_0e90b125-93df-53da-9f1d-02bec87039b7.html

get'em_griz said:

In addition to the Champions Center construction, the turf is having a cooling system installed in it. The cooling system was originally supposed to be installed with the turf, but delayed to allow the turf to be installed in time for the kickoff game against NDSU.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/turf-cooling-system-going-in-at-washington-grizzly-stadium-this/article_0e90b125-93df-53da-9f1d-02bec87039b7.html

The old turf was still in place for the '15 opener against the Beezon.
From the article:
Montana installed new turf at a cost of $478,000 last July a year ahead of schedule, but because the timing of the project bumped up against the start of fall football camp and the 2016 season, FieldTurf agreed to lay its basic crumb rubber infill with the understanding that the project would be completed at a later date.

biga75 said:
get'em_griz said:

The old turf was still in place for the '15 opener against the Beezon.
From the article:
Montana installed new turf at a cost of $478,000 last July a year ahead of schedule, but because the timing of the project bumped up against the start of fall football camp and the 2016 season, FieldTurf agreed to lay its basic crumb rubber infill with the understanding that the project would be completed at a later date.

My bad. These years are all starting to blend together.

No worries Get 'Em. I had to double check to make sure my hazy memory from that day was correct...

Our offense is predicated on wearing out the defense, opening things up later in the game. So we should be installing turf warmers. Gotta get on the same page, people...

Grizz Man said:
Our offense is predicated on wearing out the defense, opening things up later in the game. So we should be installing turf warmers. Gotta get on the same page, people...

You get it...

The next big project after the Champions Center will be an indoor training facility. At least, that's the current plan. Assume it will take some time to round up the funds for that.

PlayerRep said:
The next big project after the Champions Center will be an indoor training facility. At least, that's the current plan. Assume it will take some time to round up the funds for that.

That would be a great addition. Do you know where it would go?

PlayerRep said:

I was just about to ask this question......is it true the kitties are building one very soon ? one of my kitty friends said that was true, just trying to verify it....

krammer said:
PlayerRep said:

I was just about to ask this question......is it true the kitties are building one very soon ? one of my kitty friends said that was true, just trying to verify it....

Ha! No.

There's a tentative plan to make a plan to do some stuff.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/montana-state-making-great-progress-on-facilities-plan/article_a9be580f-a3fa-567f-8bb8-c53973d270d5.html?utm_content=buffer1bd1d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=LEEDCC+

krammer said:
PlayerRep said:

It's as real as a heart attack, Krammer. As you can see from this architectural drawing, there will actually be two smallish indoor practice fields built near the stadium pond. One will be named Waded and the other Cruzado. The quonset hut inspired twin facilities are reportedly inspired by the agricultural tradition of Montana's first Ag college.

sludge-one.jpg

HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

That would be a great addition. Do you know where it would go?

I think I heard River Bowl is where it would be going.

People, people, people... it's about COLD & loud. I get it won't exactly be cold, but if this thing works in November & December, its worth the investment.

EverettGriz said:
krammer said:
PlayerRep said:

Ha! No.

There's a tentative plan to make a plan to do some stuff.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/montana-state-making-great-progress-on-facilities-plan/article_a9be580f-a3fa-567f-8bb8-c53973d270d5.html?utm_content=buffer1bd1d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=LEEDCC+

Ya they're building one in between the time frame of the replacement of the Piss Yellow East grandstands....and the EWU Gateway Project......

so its pretty much a lock to get done!

Back