• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Timeline for hiring new coach

dayday

DONOR
Any idea on when Stitt and Haslam plan to fill the open coaching position? Seems like sooner rather later would be better. Has anyone asked Stitt at one of these GSA events?

I spoke with one of the coaches on the Spring Tour. Doesn't sound like they will hire another coach prior to this season and Ferriter will take on the whole WR group. Of course that can change but it didn't sound like a priority.

blackfootipa said:
I spoke with one of the coaches on the Spring Tour. Doesn't sound like they will hire another coach prior to this season and Ferriter will take on the whole WR group. Of course that can change but it didn't sound like a priority.

I suppose I get it from a continuity standpoint. Bringing a new coach in now would be a uneasy transition, but it is still one less coach to recruit. Also, Ferriter is taking on a lot of responsibility not only with the passing game coordinator duties but now he is responsible for the day to day lives of a lot of WRs. That is a lot to handle. I am sure it is more difficult to attract a quality assistant this time of the year. I hope it works out, but not sure I agree with it.

dayday said:
blackfootipa said:

I suppose I get it from a continuity standpoint. Bringing a new coach in now would be a uneasy transition, but it is still one less coach to recruit. Also, Ferriter is taking on a lot of responsibility not only with the passing game coordinator duties but now he is responsible for the day to day lives of a lot of WRs. That is a lot to handle. I am sure it is more difficult to attract a quality assistant this time of the year. I hope it works out, but not sure I agree with it.

...or to think about moving to Missoula to join a staff with a one-year contract...

SoldierGriz said:
dayday said:
blackfootipa said:

...or to think about moving to Missoula to join a staff with a one-year contract...
To a University in need of cost reduction....

kemajic said:
SoldierGriz said:
dayday said:
blackfootipa said:

And be the third coach at that position in less than one year with a team that isn't even sure which of 3 QB'S will even throw to those receivers....

Ursus1 said:
kemajic said:
SoldierGriz said:
dayday said:

And be the third coach at that position in less than one year with a team that isn't even sure which of 3 QB'S will even throw to those receivers....

And to learn that fantastic offense.

Ahhh, the Depression Ward Forum! Please turn in your belts, shoelaces, and football programs.

It's Medication Time Gentlemen.

Nurse_Ratched.jpg

Ursa Major said:
Ahhh, the Depression Ward Forum! Please turn in your belts, shoelaces, and football programs.

It's Medication Time Gentlemen.

Nurse_Ratched.jpg

Or the maternity ward. Big bunch of babies on here anymore. I want to win now and all the time!! Waaa. Waaa. Waaa. Bring back the old days right now. Waa Waa Waa. Somebody shove a damn beer in their mouths. All this whining is nauseating.

Copper Griz » Sun May 28, 2017 7:40 pm

Or the maternity ward. Big bunch of babies on here anymore. I want to win now and all the time!! Waaa. Waaa. Waaa. Bring back the old days right now. Waa Waa Waa. Somebody shove a damn beer in their mouths. All this whining is nauseating.

I'm curious just when you would like to see the Griz win - 2018/19/20 ????? How long are you willing to wait. Personally I don't think it a bad thing to want to win now and all the time but I guess that is just me. I guess you are perfectly fine with losing. That would make you a loser??????????????

sdk.catfish said:

I'm curious just when you would like to see the Griz win - 2018/19/20 ????? How long are you willing to wait. Personally I don't think it a bad thing to want to win now and all the time but I guess that is just me. I guess you are perfectly fine with losing. That would make you a loser??????????????

breaking-news.jpg

Everyone Wants to Win NOW!

Somehow my threads always get hijacked. My only point is I disagree with going with one less coach. At least hire someone to do extra recruiting if you can. But in no way am I one of these doomsday posters like some seem to be...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdk.catfish said:

Oh I don't know. I guess I would have liked winning five years ago. Maybe two natties as well. I just don't bitch and whine like a little girl because it has not happened yet. Why? Because I am a realist and would rather support the team and watch them improve as the puzzle pieces come together. A fair weather fan is a loser. Loser.

I have watched the Griz win games since 1985. In fact, I can't remember a season where I didn't watch them win some games. I don't know, maybe some dudes older me can speak to that. But this whole "when would you like to see the Griz win?" thing. Uh, yeah, that's rediculous.

Back