• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Impact of Griz Tailgating

GrizzGriz

I gotta believe it has helped get Missoula to Number 7....
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/05/26/which-city-drunkest-america/347923001/

We really gotta pick up the pace if we're ever gonna catch Fargo at #5. Of course, if you consider the size of the people consuming the alcohol, we have a much higher blood alcohol content. Fargo pussies!

AllWeatherFan said:
We really gotta pick up the pace if we're ever gonna catch Fargo at #5. Of course, if you consider the size of the people consuming the alcohol, we have a much higher blood alcohol content. Fargo pussies!

:clap: :clap: :lol: :lol:

Top 20 are all from States with legit winters; I call it the Jimmy Buffett: Boat Drinks effect.

Missoula is not even close to be the "drunkest" city in Montana....that honor has gone to Butte for decades. Spend some time in both cities, and its very evident that Missoula is like Mother's Theresa's Knitting Party compared to Butte.

Around 1979-81 there was an article done about what town in America had more bars per capita than any other, and Butte was #1 easily in that discussion. Obviously its been 35+ years since that discussion, but Butte is still number one, and I would think Anaconda warrants some discussion also.

ordigger said:
Missoula is not even close to be the "drunkest" city in Montana....that honor has gone to Butte for decades. Spend some time in both cities, and its very evident that Missoula is like Mother's Theresa's Knitting Party compared to Butte.

Around 1979-81 there was an article done about what town in America had more bars per capita than any other, and Butte was #1 easily in that discussion. Obviously its been 35+ years since that discussion, but Butte is still number one, and I would think Anaconda warrants some discussion also.

I couldn't agree more. Growing up in Butte the one thing that could be seen everyday was the depression and sometimes hidden( but not always anger and violence) that alcoholic homes produced. I think I saw more suffering from alcohol abuse and its attendant problems than drug use in most places. It was a great town in which to learn street smarts but alcoholism is not a good thing.

MrTitleist said:
AllWeatherFan said:

:clap: :clap: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: Brilliant!!

GrizLA said:
ordigger said:

I couldn't agree more. Growing up in Butte the one thing that could be seen everyday was the depression and sometimes hidden( but not always anger and violence) that alcoholic homes produced. I think I saw more suffering from alcohol abuse and its attendant problems than drug use in most places. It was a great town in which to learn street smarts but alcoholism is not a good thing.

You guys been to Browning? :idea:

DuCharme said:
GrizLA said:
ordigger said:

Thank you... game over

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

DuCharme said:
GrizLA said:
ordigger said:

Yes and it's not hard to understand the boozing...

casewinter13 said:
DuCharme said:
GrizLA said:
ordigger said:

Thank you... game over

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

DuCharme with a walk-off grand slam. Tip of the cap to the Jimtown Bar in Lame Deer too.

scan0002_zpse6ddf2d4.jpg

DuCharme said:
GrizLA said:
ordigger said:

Sure have. Good ppl.

griz5700 said:
DuCharme said:
GrizLA said:
ordigger said:

Sure have. Good ppl.

Indeed. Your probably too young to remember but Browning used to be kind of a shithole. About 20 years ago, the locals began the transformation that led to the Browning we know today. Wish I would have foreseen that and bought real estate back then.

DuCharme said:
GrizLA said:
ordigger said:

Dozens of times, beginning in the 80s while a student at Butte, and working on the Front Range from the border to Choteau. I stand by my statement. No town anywhere, comes close to Butte. Think....what are the two biggest holidays in most towns - and then realize what two are in Butte (St Patrick's Day & 4th of July). You also have had M days in the past, a 3 day binge party at Tech in it's heyday, and of course now we have Evil Knievel Days.

Butte's history and present rotate around drinking. Open container has been legal for years (although I hear there is a push to change that). I've been to Green Bay also, and Butte is more hardcore that the town - although I can't speak for the tailgate experience.

Browning, Lame Deer and other heavy Native American populated are sadly a result of many issues not addressed within their culture. It's a very sad and telling illustration of our past - one often ignored on a National level, especially when we hear so much about the South, and their heritage in regard to the Confederacy.

ordigger said:
DuCharme said:
GrizLA said:
ordigger said:

Dozens of times, beginning in the 80s while a student at Butte, and working on the Front Range from the border to Choteau. I stand by my statement. No town anywhere, comes close to Butte. Think....what are the two biggest holidays in most towns - and then realize what two are in Butte (St Patrick's Day & 4th of July). You also have had M days in the past, a 3 day binge party at Tech in it's heyday, and of course now we have Evil Knievel Days.

Butte's history and present rotate around drinking. Open container has been legal for years (although I hear there is a push to change that). I've been to Green Bay also, and Butte is more hardcore that the town - although I can't speak for the tailgate experience.

Browning, Lame Deer and other heavy Native American populated are sadly a result of many issues not addressed within their culture. It's a very sad and telling illustration of our past - one often ignored on a National level, especially when we hear so much about the South, and their heritage in regard to the Confederacy.

Butte is one of my favorite places in Montana, so many good American people that just like to work hard and play hard. Butte is a fun place to get a fun gentlemen's duel after having a few cold ones.

Back