• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky playoff poll

Which teams from the big sky will make the playoffs?

• Eastern

Votes: 81 82.7%
  • UND

Votes: 80 81.6%
  • UM

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • MSU

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Weber

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • Nau

Votes: 46 46.9%
  • UNC

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • PSU

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Sac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cal Poly

Votes: 29 29.6%
  • UC Davis

• SUU

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ISU

• Total voters

Griz til I die

DONOR
I know there are some people who are worried about the griz coming in at 6th in the preseason poll, and I also know there are people like me who know that preseason polls are completely worthless. Go read all the 406 sports articles on Stitt, Choate. Aaron Best, and Bubba Schweigert. All four of them say it's worthless. The only poll that matters, is the one on Sunday November 18th, which is why I wanna see how many you believe the griz will make the playoffs. Which teams from the Big Sky do you think will make the playoffs?

The_Real_Chief said:
Can we do a biggest douche on Egriz poll? I'd love to crown someone champion of that.

:clap:

Question becomes will that be started in the basketball thread or not?

Copper Griz said:
125 + votes and only one for MSU. WTF. They are pre season #1

I was pretty sure that was UND. Am I missing something?

Anyways, I'm thinking that the Big Sky will get four into the playoffs, and EWU will be the top team. Montana will be the second team. North Dakota will be third, and Weber will squeak in as the fourth.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Copper Griz said:

Anyways, I'm thinking that the Big Sky will get four into the playoffs, and EWU will be the top team. Montana will be the second team. North Dakota will be third, and Weber will squeak in as the fourth.

Inside joke hammer. They are the perrennial preseason champs. I hope you are correct about four. I think three. No Weebs

Copper Griz said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Copper Griz said:

Inside joke hammer. They are the perrennial preseason champs

Fair enough. :thumb:

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Copper Griz said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Copper Griz said:

Inside joke hammer. They are the perrennial preseason champs

Fair enough. :thumb:

:lol:

Last uNc was 7 points away from a victory in SLO, California that would have given them a playoff spot. We have our starting QB back who missed basically the entire season last year. A very young defense last season is a year older w/ more experience. Last year seven players had season-ending injuries early on. I voted for the Bears.

BigSkyBears said:
Last uNc was 7 points away from a victory in SLO, California that would have given them a playoff spot. We have our starting QB back who missed basically the entire season last year. A very young defense last season is a year older w/ more experience. Last year seven players had season-ending injuries early on. I voted for the Bears.
What makes you think your starting QB who missed the entire season last year is gonna be good this year? He sat all of last season and when a QB first gets hurt, it's likely that they can get hurt again. It happened to Gustafson. It's likely to happen to Case Cookus again this year and possibly your QB too. Other than him, you guys lost a lot of starters on the offensive side of the ball so it might be kind of a tough year for the bears offense. And just out of curiosity, who else did you vote for? Cause I made it so that you could vote for up to 4 teams.

Griz til I die said:
BigSkyBears said:
What makes you think your starting QB who missed the entire season last year is gonna be good this year? He sat all of last season and when a QB first gets hurt, it's likely that they can get hurt again. It happened to Gustafson. It's likely to happen to Case Cookus again this year and possibly your QB too. Other than him, you guys lost a lot of starters on the offensive side of the ball so it might be kind of a tough year for the bears offense. And just out of curiosity, who else did you vote for? Cause I made it so that you could vote for up to 4 teams.

Knipp beat out a guy in Sloter (who is on the Denver Broncos roster) as a starter. Meaning, he beat out an NFL caliber QB. The season before he broke several UNC freshmen records. I understand it's difficult to tell how a QB will come back from an injury, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. TBH, I'm not worried about the offense. I'm concerned about the defense, but our secondary was really young last season, so hopefully with a bit of experience, they will be better.

side question. If the Griz end up with a 1st round home game, how much have the past ticket prices gone for? I actually may be in town that day and would love to go if the stars align.

Yukon said:
side question. If the Griz end up with a 1st round home game, how much have the past ticket prices gone for? I actually may be in town that day and would love to go if the stars align.

If I recall, NCAA rules state that playoff teams can't sell tickets for more than the cheapest tickets sold during the regular season. The cheapest tickets all year are $39.

get'em_griz said:
Yukon said:

If I recall, NCAA rules state that playoff teams can't sell tickets for more than the cheapest tickets sold during the regular season. The cheapest tickets all year are $39.

Thank you!

fanofzoo said:
Hey, how come no FTC option ?
I would have wasted a vote on that.
Because it's funny enough that the cats have only gotten two votes so far because over on Litterbox Nation they're all living in an alternate universe saying they're gonna go 9-2 this year. Well I can tell you right now with the schedule they have this year, they won't do any better then 5-6. Hats off though to the FTC option. I'll have to add that to next years poll. :lol:

Griz til I die said:
fanofzoo said:
Hey, how come no FTC option ?
I would have wasted a vote on that.
Because it's funny enough that the cats have only gotten two votes so far because over on Litterbox Nation they're all living in an alternate universe saying they're gonna go 9-2 this year. Well I can tell you right now with the schedule they have this year, they won't do any better then 5-6. Hats off though to the FTC option. I'll have to add that to next years poll. :lol:

Typically, polls put up here always include an option to vote: cats suck, FTC, or something similar. In this case, you could have added it, then given 5 options. Yes, it is stupid...and fun. :D

I'm liking where we are at. This team gets to prove it instead of being handed something. We'll see how N. Dakota handles the pedestal. I'm thinking we finish top 3. The schedule is ridiculous for Cal Poly they avoided a lot of the top teams in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back