• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cancer awareness game

reinell30

eGriz Club
DONOR
I see this weeks game is cancer awareness. Is Pink in for this game? I thought all cancer awareness was in October?

reinell30 said:
I see this weeks game is cancer awareness. Is Pink in for this game? I thought all cancer awareness was in October?

Cancer Awareness this weekend is the pink game.

I wish it was a different game. All for Cancer awareness but dislike the idea of seeing a bunch of pink during a night game.

blackfootipa said:
I wish it was a different game. All for Cancer awareness but dislike the idea of seeing a bunch of pink during a night game.

I'm pretty sure the game themes were determined well before the kickoff times were announced, so there's not much that could have been done.

Yeah it was not well planned this year the pink game should by for ncolorado or something. Not excited to see the pink gear for a big time night game

I think the bad part about all of it is it's going to get ignored. The pink game usually stands out for cancer awareness. This game has so many other stories that the cancer awareness pink theme is gonna be forgotten in the fans. It's a shame.

is anyone not aware of cancer at this point? I have skin cancer and could give a sh*t if anyone wears pink. I'm wearing maroon.

It's a night game and people will wear jackets. They may be wearing a pink t or sweatshirt, but it will be covered up by a jacket. Who owns a pink jacket?

maroonandsilver said:
It's a night game and people will wear jackets. They may be wearing a pink t or sweatshirt, but it will be covered up by a jacket. Who owns a pink jacket?

172342F063004_1.jpg

If you look at the schedule, this was the only logical game to be the cancer awareness game.

There is only one home game in October and that is homecoming. The remaining games are either in the middle of November (when they have to fit in parents weekend & the military game) or the Savannah State game. Given that the EWU was the closest game to October, it makes the most sense.

GRIZFAN20 said:
If you look at the schedule, this was the only logical game to be the cancer awareness game.

There is only one home game in October and that is homecoming. The remaining games are either in the middle of November (when they have to fit in parents weekend & the military game) or the Savannah State game. Given that the EWU was the closest game to October, it makes the most sense.

Why do we do these themes is my question. I get the blackout or white out as they are generals for usually specificly big games. The cancer thing was nice when that movement first was big but now it doesn't really mean much. The military game is again..I nice thought but I'm not sure anyone really cares. I miss the days of every week just gearing up the maroon and silver and goin at it..then when we occasionally did something different it meant something. The university doesn't get buy in because every week you have to figure out what type of game it is and find try to accommodate it...but it's tasking. Vs having one game maybe that's special and having a special combo...that is much easier for fans to get behind.

mtgrizfankb said:
GRIZFAN20 said:

Why do we do these themes is my question. I get the blackout or white out as they are generals for usually specificly big games. The cancer thing was nice when that movement first was big but now it doesn't really mean much. The military game is again..I nice thought but I'm not sure anyone really cares. I miss the days of every week just gearing up the maroon and silver and goin at it..then when we occasionally did something different it meant something. The university doesn't get buy in because every week you have to figure out what type of game it is and find try to accommodate it...but it's tasking. Vs having one game maybe that's special and having a special combo...that is much easier for fans to get behind.

Did you read the link provided by Team10?

It's all marketing and dollar grabbing. How many extra jersey and shirts do you think they sell as a result of pinkwashing? It's marketing - creating a need.

As a side note - best part of the Valpo game? When the PA system went down and we were not bombarded with ads. :thumb:

mtgrizfankb said:
GRIZFAN20 said:

like i said we are all aware of cancer. we don't need to dress in pink. cancer sucks and we all know it. wearing pink to the biggest game of home schedule/season... screw that. Lets maroon out

hilinegrizfan said:
mtgrizfankb said:
GRIZFAN20 said:

like i said we are all aware of cancer. we don't need to dress in pink. cancer sucks and we all know it. wearing pink to the biggest game of home schedule/season... screw that. Lets maroon out

I don't want to watch our players run around with pink shoes and gloves either...

...think like it's st.patricks day in butte...
...easier to go drink with them..then go fight them...
...easier to put on the pink..then argue with the breast nazis...

... :flash: ...

I got ripped for not whiting out and all this is just sliding? Where are you bunch or crybabies who demand everyone toes the athletic department line? Bunch of damn hillbillies around here I tel ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back