• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

DE

The change at DE is in the Game Notes too. For the second week in a row, Horner is listed as the starter over Simis. No mention of Bingham. Vika starting; no surprise. But I wonder if Strahm will be in as soon as the second series. Noticed that Strahm seemed to come in on some packages last Saturday. Shaw listed as the starter over Davidson, who started last week (and is so listed in the stats). Ralstrom still listed as starter at right tackle.

PlayerRep said:
The change at DE is in the Game Notes too. For the second week in a row, Horner is listed as the starter over Simis. No mention of Bingham. Vika starting; no surprise. But I wonder if Strahm will be in as soon as the second series. Noticed that Strahm seemed to come in on some packages last Saturday. Shaw listed as the starter over Davidson, who started last week (and is so listed in the stats). Ralstrom still listed as starter at right tackle.

Bingham is out with a leg injury.

George Ferguson said:
PlayerRep said:

I know, but I know him and talked to him on the field last Saturday and he thought he might be back. Turf toe.

PlayerRep said:

I'm a bit surprised. I saw Strahm be a disruption on Saturday. Think it's a start but Strahm will be in by the 3rd series?

HookedonGriz said:
get'em_griz said:
Is Favoroso banged up this week?

I don't think so. It seems Rodriguez has just been playing better

I was thinking that might be the case, but I wasn't sure as I had heard a lot of people were high on Favoroso when he got here. Impressive if a redshirt freshman is playing better!

get'em_griz said:
HookedonGriz said:
get'em_griz said:

I was thinking that might be the case, but I wasn't sure as I had heard a lot of people were high on Favoroso when he got here. Impressive if a redshirt freshman is playing better!

Favoroso is showing similar traits to what we see in a lot of JuCo kids, some flashes of great stuff but issues with consistency. I've liked Fav in run-support, he's been good. For this game though it seems the focus will be more on pass-rush, where Randy has been more effective. I'd assume the two will rotate a ton regardless.

AZDoc said:
PlayerRep said:

I'm a bit surprised. I saw Strahm be a disruption on Saturday. Think it's a start but Strahm will be in by the 3rd series?

Yup. In an important game like this, think we will see who the coaches think is the better player fairly quickly. I was 3d string my soph year early in the season after pulling my hamstring on the first day of pre-season and missing 3 weeks. When the first teamer got hurt in a game, my name was called and I was never 3d team again. The guy I jumped over, a frat brother and good friend, still brings this up and did as recently as earlier this year. Of course, I still bring up that I dated his now wife first and introduced them. I also remind him that I bailed him out of the Tijuana Jail during college when we were doing a stint in CA.

BWahlberg said:
get'em_griz said:
HookedonGriz said:
get'em_griz said:

Favoroso is showing similar traits to what we see in a lot of JuCo kids, some flashes of great stuff but issues with consistency. I've liked Fav in run-support, he's been good. For this game though it seems the focus will be more on pass-rush, where Randy has been more effective. I'd assume the two will rotate a ton regardless.

Rodriguez definitely produced more last week, granted it was against a weak opponent. Favaroso has also made a few bone head penalties. Don't forget either that Rodriguez is only one year younger then Favaroso who is a RSSo. BW is definitely right with the JuCo transfers. These two are gonna be our starters for the next two years and will raise terror on opposing QB's.

Rodriguez is really coming into his own. Dude is a natural at DE. One of my favorites to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlayerRep said:
George Ferguson said:
PlayerRep said:

I know, but I know him and talked to him on the field last Saturday and he thought he might be back. Turf toe.

Bingham was fully dressed at practice yesterday.

BWahlberg said:
get'em_griz said:
HookedonGriz said:
get'em_griz said:

b/w for the last few years you have said this about j.c. transfers and you have made a believer out of me..... don't the j.c. transfers start getting it towards end of their first year and become solid the second year.....i remember a d/b like that.....anyway good point. go griz !

BWahlberg said:
get'em_griz said:
HookedonGriz said:
get'em_griz said:

That makes sense. Thanks for the info!

Back