• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Leaving at half time

dayday

DONOR
We as fans we should be better. There's no doubt in my mind the beginning of the third quarter was do to energy by the D because it was an half stadium. It turned it from a blow out to a game. Let's be better and make some self imposed rules. Let's hear them....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Get to the game early and tailgate before the game. Once the game starts, be in your damn seats and don't leave the stadium until the game is in hand.

People can say all they want about it not making a difference, but I'm sure it's part of opposing teams game plan. Get the ball first/ early in the 2nd half and run the offense with little or no interference from crowd noise. Eastern built up a little momentum and by the time the crowd was back they had a rhythm and the noise didn't matter.

dirtysoup said:
People can say all they want about it not making a difference, but I'm sure it's part of opposing teams game plan. Get the ball first/ early in the 2nd half and run the offense with little or no interference from crowd noise. Eastern built up a little momentum and by the time the crowd was back they had a rhythm and the noise didn't matter.

Or your D just sucks.

Who'd want to stay for the second half when everyone knows our coaches only prepared for the first

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Who'd want to stay for the second half when everyone knows our coaches only prepared for the first

giphy.gif

Because D1 coaches and coordinators scheme for the opposing crowd... :roll:

How about our coaches make some 2nd half adjustments for the opposing TEAM?

Griz football games are fun. People travel hundreds of miles to get there. Tailgates before the game and during the game are a big part of that fun, and they always have been. For newcomers and current students - the Griz used to be really, really good. The fans tailgated, watched the game, tailgated, and slowly returned in the 3rd qtr. The Griz won. They even won when some of the fans never returned...

If Bob stitt can't put a better product on the field - the halftime void of fans will only get worse. People will still travel - but it won't be to see the team.

If Haslam isn't developing a national search to-do-list today - he is woefully behind schedule.

Maybe we should pack the stadium for practices...how on earth could anyone have peak performance in an empty stadium. Practices would be of the chain. If you think practices are good now with a few people around, could you imagine that x26,000?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

bray said:
Maybe we should pack the stadium for practices...how on earth could anyone have peak performance in an empty stadium. Practices would be of the chain. If you think practices are good now with a few people around, could you imagine that x26,000?

Or, maybe we could let fans tweet in adjustments, and they could put winners on the Jumbotrons...

fans calling plays might actually work.

Being present to start the third quarter about a third of the crowd...absent. However, the crowd isn't playing the game. Listening to radio post game comment "never saw Griz more flat coming out of halftime".
Much of the crowd left when EWU went up by two scores (about 2 minutes left)...like a bunch of babies.
Bandwagon fans show their colors when things go bad or when they feel it is a bad reflection on them how the team or coach and or coaches perform. They themselves cheer out of convenience or to be part of what they view as a superior group.
One of the threads, Gameday guide, how about a fan's guidebook. Many do not live by the standards they impose on the team. They chastise missed tackles, lack of effort, and poor coaching. They themselves quit supporting the team when things go south, they leave early, they are so self absorbed bitching and drinking at halftime they reappear late in the third quarter and spread their negativity with the fans that enjoyed half time.
The loss is not a fan issue the bitching and crying is. Simple solution if you don't like the way things are...leave and stay away.
Part of good sportsmanship which is another issue...congradulate your opponent when you get your ass handed to you. One EWU fan after the game said Griz fans are the best. Another said Jensen for a freshman is a great QB. Sometimes by applying good ethics you find relief in the most unexpected places. I didn't expect the EWU fans post game to be good winners, but they were. Congratulations to EWU on the win.

bray said:

Um....your practices are closed...just saying.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Maybe this finally explains why our offense looks so inept during spring and fall scrimmages. Only 1200 people show up for those, lots of empty seats

I blame the band, no wait the kids selling 50/50 or maybe the food vendors for being so slow. Stitt and his program bleed ineptness and his arrogant little man syndrome has now spilled over to his team.

You know who lost the game....the F**king team, the coaches, the players, the lack of energy, lack of heart and maybe a better team beat us tonight. Either way the fact that players are focused on the crowd size proves they aren't focused on the game!! Pathetic, a real coach would stand up and take the blame and figure a way to improve. He can't and won't.

For the record I stay at half and would like to see fans back quicker. By the time you file out just to go to the bathroom and get a pizza half time is mostly over but it's still not the fans fault that's a joke!!

Back