• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Remember when...

grizpsych

...fans of opposing teams said the only reason our past teams were dominant was because of home field advantage? It looks like some of us are starting to buy in to that belief. Personally, I want a team that can win regardless of the number of fans in the seats and regardless of location of the game.

grizpsych said:
...fans of opposing teams said the only reason our past teams were dominant was because of home field advantage? It looks like some of us are starting to buy in to that belief. Personally, I want a team that can win regardless of the number of fans in the seats and regardless of location of the game.

GP - I think we all want the type of team you referenced. Clearly the Griz are not there and from what I am seeing it will be at least one more year. if not longer. I am not worried about the offense, but Stitt and Co. (if they are still employed) better find some drop down players for the secondary or they better coach up the young guys coming up. The secondary is waaaay waaay to thin for Stitt's third year at the helm. Granted, schollie reductions have been problematic.

Sam A. Blitz said:
So, you don't believe in home field advantage?

At WaGriz today? Do you? Great spectacle to start the game & into the second quarter. After that not so much.

After Calhoun pulled down the pass, the camera panned back toward the bench as they ran back toward it. The section you could see between the 20’s was half full @ best. Was it the same on the opposite side? I’ll give the end zones credit for looking mostly full, but that may be optics @ this point.

Players need to play for their teammates, coaches & themselves. Fans pay their monies and will do as they please for that reason. If these were wins - no one would care.

bgbigdog said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
So, you don't believe in home field advantage?

At WaGriz today? Do you? Great spectacle to start the game & into the second quarter. After that not so much.

After Calhoun pulled down the pass, the camera panned back toward the bench as they ran back toward it. The section you could see between the 20’s was half full @ best. Was it the same on the opposite side? I’ll give the end zones credit for looking mostly full, but that may be optics @ this point.

Players need to play for their teammates, coaches & themselves. Fans pay their monies and will do as they please for that reason. If these were wins - no one would care.

+1

SoldierGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Remember when all we had to do was complain that Hauck wasn't winning the national championship game?

:lol: Good times.
Sadly I'm still watching those highlights instead of the previous 5 or so seasons. Loved those years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlayerRep said:
Remember when all we had to do was complain that Hauck wasn't winning the national championship game?
Stitt isn't winning any National Championships either

Man1 said:
PlayerRep said:
True but you need to win enough to make the playoffs for that to even be in consideration. Bobby at least did that!!!

PlayerRep said:

PR, had to laugh at that post. That is POY worthy, yet so true. :thumb:

Man1 said:
PlayerRep said:

Hell a home conference win would be a start for this staff.

memberries-42.jpg

I think that the mystique is gone. Teams used to come to play the Griz and hoped to play well and win. Now they come in expecting to play well and win. The noise level used to cause many false starts each game now we are lucky to see one or two. The invincibility of the Griz at home is gone. What can be done? Who knows but as gets mentioned all the time, get in your seats, stand and yell when we are on defense be there during the third quarter.

Back