• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Haslem Questionnaire on WHY Stitt Deserves to Stay?

NewPapaBear

Do you remember this from JULY BSC Media Day?

“We were hired to do a job and build a program and instill the things that we feel strongly about that I feel that you have to have to have a championship football team,” Stitt said Tuesday at the Big Sky Football Kickoff.

Yet with the BSC promos that we have watched all year Stitt states "Is about playing football...we DONT talk about championships!" WE DONT TALK ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS - really are you serious? You know this is Griz Football right?

WTF is that? Honestly Coach talks out both sides of his ass! Today's contest was a not-very-favorable testimony & synopsis of his tenure. This is the program where new recruits are greeted with "Welcome - Prepare to Win Championships!"

The issue is not the DC because whomever would come behind Jason Semore needs to come from outside the Bob Stitt personnel recruitment department. Which means Stitt is really the issue. Because unless you are a YES man as a DC - Stitt doesn't want you around (see TG).

The accountability lies 100% with Coach Stitt.

No respectable DC in his right mind wants to work with a proclaimed offensive genius who arrogantly mortgages the success of the entire team into an offensive based investment that makes our program house poor. Sorry but that's the truth!

His form of remodel/renovation has devalued not just our home, but the entire neighborhood.

Out coached, Out schemed, out imagined, uninspired, undisciplined play & we still get out recruited too. He was brought here to elevate the program back to where it once was - not "build" a program as he has erroneously stated.

Unfortunately, under the current Head Coach, this program has become stagnant in it's growth. My belief is that there has been zero "on field" growth since his arrival - none, nada, zilch. I will call Old Dominion Freight on Monday to arrange the move - since they are closed on Sundays.

fanofzoo said:
what dc would come for maybe 1 year

Thats why the FIRE Semore & retain Stitt mindset does not fit into this equation (IMO)
Leaves only two (2) rational choices!

NewPapaBear said:

“We were hired to do a job and build a program and instill the things that we feel strongly about that I feel that you have to have to have a championship football team,” Stitt said Tuesday at the Big Sky Football Kickoff.

Yet with the BSC promos that we have watched all year Stitt states "Is about playing football...we DONT talk about championships!" WE DONT TALK ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS - really are you serious? You know this is Griz Football right?

WTF is that? Honestly Coach talks out both sides of his ass! Today's contest was a not-very-favorable testimony & synopsis of his tenure. This is the program where new recruits are greeted with "Welcome - Prepare to win championships!"

The issue is NOT the DC because whomever would come behind Jason Semore needs to come from outside the Bob Stitt personnel recruitment department. Which means Stitt is really the issue. Because unless you are a YES man as a DC - Stitt doesn't want you around (see TG).

No respectable DC in his right mind wants to work with a proclaimed offensive genius who arrogantly mortgages the success of the entire team into an offensive based investment that makes our program house poor. Sorry but that's the truth!

His form of remodel/renovation has devalued not just our home, but the entire neighborhood.

Out coached, Out schemed, out imagined, uninspired, undisciplined play & we still get out recruited too. He was brought here to elevate the program back to where it once was - not "build" a program as he has erroneously stated.

Unfortunately, under the current Head Coach, this program has become stagnant in it's growth. My belief is that there has been zero "on field" growth since his arrival - none, nada, zilch. I will call Old Dominion Freight on Monday to arrange the move - since they are closed on Sundays.
Quality post.

kemajic said:
NewPapaBear said:

WTF is that? Honestly Coach talks out both sides of his ass! Today's contest was a not-very-favorable testimony & synopsis of his tenure. This is the program where new recruits are greeted with "Welcome - Prepare to win championships!"

The issue is NOT the DC because whomever would come behind Jason Semore needs to come from outside the Bob Stitt personnel recruitment department. Which means Stitt is really the issue. Because unless you are a YES man as a DC - Stitt doesn't want you around (see TG).

Quality post.

+1

RobGriz said:
kemajic said:
NewPapaBear said:

Quality post.

+1

Well...that didnt take long! Haslam's decision is an act of "self preservation" he may not be around much longer if he doesn't find the right hire. I will be shocked if it is NOT Bobby now. Why? Because Kent cant take a chance on someone who is unproven to the fan base (again) Bobby got perfect storm.
Should result in a pretty good increase in Salary as well. Whoever it is, the contract will be "incentive" laden no matter who is the next.

Personally, I dont think you can turn back time & that it wont workout for Bobby to return. So with that being stated. I am going to go back to a name I threw out the last time we were searching for a new HC.

maxresdefault.jpg

Grand Valley State Lakers Football
Head coach: Matt Mitchell; 6th season, 57–19 (.750)
The Grand Valley State Lakers football team represents Grand Valley State University in NCAA Division II football.
Conference: Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
NCAA division: Division II
Past conferences: Midwest Intercollegiate Football Conference
Claimed nat'l titles: 4 (2002, 2003, 2005, 2006)

The Lakers currently have the highest winning percentage in ALL of college football.

NewPapaBear said:

WTF is that? Honestly Coach talks out both sides of his ass! Today's contest was a not-very-favorable testimony & synopsis of his tenure. This is the program where new recruits are greeted with "Welcome - Prepare to Win Championships!"

The issue is not the DC because whomever would come behind Jason Semore needs to come from outside the Bob Stitt personnel recruitment department. Which means Stitt is really the issue. Because unless you are a YES man as a DC - Stitt doesn't want you around (see TG).

Uh, Donald, you won the election, no need to campaign.

AllWeatherFan said:
NewPapaBear said:

Uh, Donald, you won the election, no need to campaign.

In typical Donny style, I am waiting for you all to thank me as well!
You're Welcom AW

NewPapaBear said:

spot on my friend!

NewPapaBear said:
Personally, I dont think you can turn back time & that it wont workout for Bobby to return.
Other than trying to clear the way for your candidate, please provide justification for you statement. BH is more experienced and more mature than when he was here (and very successful) first. So why?

kemajic said:
NewPapaBear said:
Personally, I dont think you can turn back time & that it wont workout for Bobby to return.
Other than trying to clear the way for your candidate, please provide justification for you statement. BH is more experienced and more mature than when he was here (and very successful) first. So why?

First I am NOT trying to clear the way for ANY potential candidate. Second, theres no need to justify an "opinion". Last, we are a program that sees itself as the elite in the BSC & FCS but we pay our HC a mediocre salary.

In order to get a QUALITY experienced guy from SDSU that has matured the BOR will have to cough up some real 2018 cash to do so. I dont see that happening given the change in climate at UM from an internal administrative standpoint.

Based upon my perception of your logic Pflu would be in play too (right1?1) Don't look back in anger.
Thats why I hold that opinion...I dont see where this will change. Maybe you know something about that most of us dont. If so please share kind sir.

BTW: From Football Scoop this morning these guys have a pretty good track record of accuracy. However, note that they are calling him a candidate.

Montana (FCS): Sources in the profession tell FootballScoop former Montana head coach Bobby Hauck is a candidate to return. Hauck served as head coach for the Grizzlies from 2003 – 2009, averaging over 11 wins per year (never with less than 8 wins), twice taking them to the FCS Championship game. Hauck then went on to serve as head coach at UNLV for five seasons. He currently serves as special teams coordinator at San Diego State.

Blessings

Back