• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thoughts from former Griz stud

HowardRoss280

https://twitter.com/feather_mt/status/932637505735626753

Saw this today, and while I stay in the “Highschool Football Realm” of this forum, I thought it was an interesting thought.

First comment underneath was pretty telling too. Choate hasn't had any improvement either, and maybe seen it get worse, but so long as he's our kryptonite, he'll stay in Boozeman.

I think he has a point, and yes, Choate doesn’t have a winning record, but he’s 2-0 against the Griz, and that’s enough for the time being. Featherston makes good points though.

I don't know who Bryan Haynes is, but he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Ask the Cat fans about Choate. Almost all seem to like him and to see/feel/know what he is doing to the program positively. He's taking it up. And sorry to those who don't understand the concept of good losses, the Cats had a tough schedule this year and played all or mostly all very tough. Played some teams pretty tough the prior year too, but not all. Obviously, beating the Griz were huge wins. I thought the Griz would win, but I sure couldn't say the Griz were the better team on Saturday or deserved to win. The Cats played tough on both sides of the ball. I was told last summer that the Cats were still a year away, in terms of talent.

HowardRoss280 said:
I think he has a point, and yes, Choate doesn’t have a winning record, but he’s 2-0 against the Griz, and that’s enough for the time being. Featherston makes good points though.

As evidenced by the fans rushing the field and taking down the FG posts....after a 5-6 record. I thought that was kind of funny, but like you said beating the Griz can cure a lot of stuff.

HookedonGriz said:
HowardRoss280 said:

As evidenced by the fans rushing the field and taking down the FG posts....after a 5-6 record. I thought that was kind of funny, but like you said beating the Griz can cure a lot of stuff.

Haha most definitely. And I think it would go both ways to be completely honest. If the Griz had been 5-6 but beat the cats, field goal post would have been down and the party would have been on. Just goes to show how important that game really is to the players, coaches, and fans.

HowardRoss280 said:
HookedonGriz said:
HowardRoss280 said:

Haha most definitely. And I think it would go both ways to be completely honest. If the Griz had been 5-6 but beat the cats, field goal post would have been down and the party would have been on. Just goes to show how important that game really is to the players, coaches, and fans.
I highly, highly doubt that.

Ryan isn’t the only one

https://twitter.com/coltpalmer/status/932017230144880640

https://twitter.com/terran05/status/932396223075573760

uofmman1122 said:
HowardRoss280 said:
HookedonGriz said:
HowardRoss280 said:

Me too. That's not a knock against the Cats either. UM is just way more strict about postgame field access for one.

George Ferguson said:
uofmman1122 said:
HowardRoss280 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Me too. That's not a knock against the Cats either. UM is just way more strict about postgame field access for one.
Mine is.

Some people might run into the field, but we’ve had way too much more success to rush the field at the end of a 5-6 season.

uofmman1122 said:
George Ferguson said:
uofmman1122 said:
HowardRoss280 said:

Mine is.

Some people might run into the field, but we’ve had way too much more success to rush the field at the end of a 5-6 season.

Haha. I don't disagree with that.

George Ferguson said:
uofmman1122 said:
HowardRoss280 said:
HookedonGriz said:

That’s a good point. The field goal coming down might have been a stretch

How many championships has Featherstone won as a coach... um zero
His team won 7 regular season games this year
and 7 games in 2016
So by the own standards he should fire himself

Paytonlives said:
and 7 games in 2016

And before you pop off with "at least he's in the playoffs", remember 8 of 13 get in and when you play, Butte, Great Falls high and Hellgate its really 8 of 10 get in...

HowardRoss280 said:
George Ferguson said:
uofmman1122 said:
HowardRoss280 said:

That’s a good point. The field goal coming down might have been a stretch

The students didn't take down the posts. The event staff lowered them. Which actually made it easier for them to run off with.

Paytonlives said:
and 7 games in 2016
That is pretty lame, even for you.

kemajic said:
Paytonlives said:
and 7 games in 2016
That is pretty lame, even for you.

Use the same standard if you are going to Bitch as a coach...

Paytonlives said:
Paytonlives said:
and 7 games in 2016

And before you pop off with "at least he's in the playoffs", remember 8 of 13 get in and when you play, Butte, Great Falls high and Hellgate its really 8 of 10 get in...

Feelings hurt by a tweet? Jeez, find a safe space.

Back