• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Press Conference this afternoon... Stitt is Gone

Paytonlives

Staff member
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Well - there's this - team meeting at 2:30pm and the season ending presser moved to 4pm...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/932704647529115648[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/932705659577024512[/tweet]

If they are going to can Stitt please please have a replacement ready to be announced asap.
early signing period changes things.

The season ending press conference on the Monday or Tuesday after the season concludes is quite normal... what is interesting is the team meeting. Was that already planned or did they schedule that today? I don't remember a team meeting last year at this time, but coach Stitt did have the pressor where he took questions about the season, etc. last year at this time. The team did have their banquet yesterday and that is complete.

Brother Bear said:
The season ending press conference on the Monday or Tuesday after the season concludes is quite normal... what is interesting is the team meeting. Was that already planned or did they schedule that today? I don't remember a team meeting last year at this time, but coach Stitt did have the pressor where he took questions about the season, etc. last year at this time. The team did have their banquet yesterday and that is complete.

I bet that was a really dismal banquet coming off of back to back loses to the cats and not making the playoffs back to back years.

The key will be if Stitt is there. If you see Haslam, and no Stitt - then the answer will be obvious. As always I support the Griz, and whoever the coach is. If we get a new one, I will be behind him 100%, even if I dont like that guy - because I am a fan of this great school.

Kendall Sweet “after today all I can say is wow” 11-19-17 twitter.
Isiahia Banks “I have realized this was a mistake”10-23-17 Twitter
Am I missing something?
We lost a ton of players after Stitt took the job. Are we about to lose more?

ordigger said:
The key will be if Stitt is there. If you see Haslam, and no Stitt - then the answer will be obvious. As always I support the Griz, and whoever the coach is. If we get a new one, I will be behind him 100%, even if I dont like that guy - because I am a fan of this great school.

Agreed. The appearance of a scheduled team meeting before a public press conference (even though most of the team(?) was probably at the banquet) indicates to me some kind of shake-up is happening.

Have any of you watched the Press Conference from after the Griz/Cat game in Bozeman on Saturday?
Stitt is very genuine and answers all the questions. You can tell he and the players were hurting. Do you realize how hard it is to go into a press conference after an emotional loss like that? I thought the coach and players handled it well. Just like today, I expect coach will answer the tough questions and be prepared to talk about the season and his future goals for the program. If you already don't like him, than I imagine you will not like what he has to say anyway.

https://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-football-press-conference-cat-griz-2017/

Grizzly Oredigger said:
Hoo boy...I'm on the keep Stitt bandwagon but I'm not going to be surprised if this goes the other way...

My guess is an offer was made. He doesn't like it, and he turns it down. I really think he wants to get back to Colorado. That is just my opinion, I do not know anything. Call it instinct.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
ordigger said:

Agreed. The appearance of a scheduled team meeting before a public press conference (even though most of the team(?) was probably at the banquet) indicates to me some kind of shake-up is happening.

And also the fact that just last night, no decision had been made. Could simply be that Stitt called haslam this morning, and said I'm ready to move on.

Brother Bear said:
Have any of you watched the Press Conference from after the Griz/Cat game in Bozeman on Saturday?
Stitt is very genuine and answers all the questions. You can tell he and the players were hurting. Do you realize how hard it is to go into a press conference after an emotional loss like that? I thought the coach and players handled it well. Just like today, I expect coach will answer the tough questions and be prepared to talk about the season and his future goals for the program. If you already don't like him, than I imagine you will not like what he has to say anyway.

https://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-football-press-conference-cat-griz-2017/

in my mind stitt is gone,,,,the timing of the team meeting along with moving the presser back, makes it pretty clear to me.

According to what Haslam told Missoulian.....not according to the poster who said it was already done.....one seems very wrong now

Back