• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thank you Coach Stitt!

greasewood

I was at the first game you coached for the Griz...vs. NDSU in Missoula. Our tickets were in the south end zone 6 rows up from where Joey Counts jumped into the end zone & won the game on 4th & goal with 2 seconds left. I will never forget that game & that play. I had chills rolling up & down my spine. People always describe great football game atmospheres as electric, but electric doesn't come close. That atmosphere was ATOMIC! Every Griz fan in the stadium was ecstatic.
Thank you for beating the multiple year reigning FCS champs on our home field. The offensive ideas you brought here were unprecedented. I hope to see you in a bar someday & hope I can buy you a beer.

While I was not his biggest supporter (and I support the decision) I do thank him for his time and effort and wish him and his family the best. I am sure it is tough for his kids at times like these. Best of luck to you Coach Stitt.

I feel bad too, but think he was a casualty due to not replacing a couple coaches after last year. Admire his loyalty, but in the end I believe it did him in. Hope they land on their feet and have success in their future.

That NDSU game will forever be one of my fondest Griz memories. It didn’t work out for him in the long run, but I always liked the guy and hope he ends up finding major success elsewhere.

He was all class, and he treated the players with the highest amount of respect. Despite his firing I think he’s done a lot of good for our program, even if it’s hard to see it right now.

Thank you coach Stitt! Wish you and your family best. Also thank you to all of the assistant coaches I hope you all are successful wherever you land!

I was one of the few that voted on the poll two more years with stipulations (staff changes specifically) Many of you will disagree, but I didn't yet rule out that he wouldn't be able to get this team rolling. Skeptical, yes, but I really thought he deserved a little more time especially with Gresch as #1 next year, all season.

Anyway, kids thought highly of him and he treated them with respect. I'm excited about what these kids can do under new direction. Hopefully we don't have to go through much of a rebuilding period this place will freaking implode.

Thank you Coach Stitt for doing the best you could for this program and for wanting the best for the student athletes on and off the field.

uofmman1122 said:
That NDSU game will forever be one of my fondest Griz memories. It didn’t work out for him in the long run, but I always liked the guy and hope he ends up finding major success elsewhere.

He was all class, and he treated the players with the highest amount of respect. Despite his firing I think he’s done a lot of good for our program, even if it’s hard to see it right now.
The NDSU playoff game is the memory I will always have. That and all the dropped balls by Curran yet Stitt kept putting him back on the field.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you coach Stitt and your staff. You always had the best interest of the players at heart and fully believed this thing was heading in the right direction. Thank you for how you handled discipline and kids in the classroom. I'm sorry you didn't get to see it come to fruition and I know it bothered you just as much as anyone to lose a game. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Man1 said:
uofmman1122 said:

The NDSU playoff game is the memory I will always have. That and all the dropped balls by Curran yet Stitt kept putting him back on the field.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Not surprising considering that you have been a bison fan for quite a few years now

HookedonGriz said:
Thank you coach Stitt and your staff. You always had the best interest of the players at heart and fully believed this thing was heading in the right direction. Thank you for how you handled discipline and kids in the classroom. I'm sorry you didn't get to see it come to fruition and I know it bothered you just as much as anyone to lose a game. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
+1

IdaGriz01 said:
HookedonGriz said:
+1

+2

The NDSU win goes down in my top 5 Griz games of all time. I was flying into work in Fargo the day all the Bison fans returned. Very dejected looking bunch.

Thanks coach

I'll also add my congrats, and wish him success in the future. I personally enjoyed his offense.

Personally, Coach Stitt is a great guy. He was always very friendly, outgoing and gracious at the GSA event in Great Falls. He suffered through picture taking with us and our grandson. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he finds the success he is striving for.

Bummed it didn’t work out, but obviously the expectations were much higher than the last two seasons. Wishing him the best and like many others have said, that NDSU game will go down as one fo the very best.

Back