• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt didn't die

Ursus1

DONOR
He is alive, just not the head coach here anymore. He made some money, got experience at a higher level (likely learned a few things). He will land on his feet, other schools will pick him up and if assistant coaches are worth a crap they will also find jobs, if they aren't they should seek other employment opportunities anyway. He is a big boy and knew the pressure and risk taking this job, as well as his position of security after last year's collapse. He knew he had to evaluate top to bottom, just did not do enough (his loyalty probably cost him) to meet the goals. We are not "State" and winning records are just not enough.

It's not the end of the world for him, it is just a business decision that was made. Players will be fine and we can hopefully avoid days like this for a long time.

Time now is to get behind the search for a new leader and give them support. Coaches come and go but Griz Nation is forever and that is far greater than any one person.

Ursus1 said:
He is alive, just not the head coach here anymore. He made some money, got experience at a higher level (likely learned a few things). He will land on his feet, other schools will pick him up and if assistant coaches are worth a crap they will also find jobs, if they aren't they should seek other employment opportunities anyway. He is a big boy and knew the pressure and risk taking this job, as well as his position of security after last year's collapse. He knew he had to evaluate top to bottom, just did not do enough (his loyalty probably cost him) to meet the goals. We are not "State" and winning records are just not enough.

It's not the end of the world for him, it is just a business decision that was made. Players will be fine and we can hopefully avoid days like this for a long time.

Time now is to get behind the search for a new leader and give them support. Coaches come and go but Griz Nation is forever and that is far greater than any one person.

Spot on - well stated!

Yukon said:
Would not be surprised he lands a G5 FBS job.

My thought is that Scott Frost will hire him to be OC at Nebraska. I mean, if he gets the head gig that is.

AZDoc said:
Yukon said:

My thought is that Scott Frost will hire him to be OC at Nebraska. I mean, if he gets the head gig that is.

Stitt is not as highly thought of, in coaching circles, as we have been led to believe. His offense lacks the complex creativity necessary to win vs talented athletic defensive teams at the highest levels. He is not an offensive genius by any stretch of the imagination. He cannot scheme at that level - like say a Beau Baldwin has - just look at how Baldwin's offenses performed vs FBS teams in his years at EWU for your case study.

Ursus1 said:

:thumb:

NewPapaBear said:
AZDoc said:
Yukon said:

Stitt is not as highly thought of, in coaching circles, as we have been led to believe. His offense lacks the complex creativity necessary to win vs talented athletic defensive teams at the highest levels. He is not an offensive genius by any stretch of the imagination. He cannot scheme at that level - like say a Beau Baldwin has - just look at how Baldwin's offenses performed vs FBS teams in his years at EWU for your case study.

You mean like the time he went to UDub and dropped 52 points on their defense?
Or the time he beat Wazzu and Gubrud had just south of 500 yds passing?

AZDoc said:
Yukon said:

My gawd, talk about being divorced from reality. Self-proclaimed genius will not get close to a P5 team unless he buys a ticket.

AZDoc said:
Yukon said:

Oh, I'm with you. I just think we will be surprised with what happens. I'm not saying he's qualified or any of that, I'm just saying people know him and something interesting may happen. I think he may not want to do that though, and may look for something in CO, Adams State?

He may not have died, but had I run into him outside of the bar at 2:00 am Saturday night he sure as hell might have. After about 12 ish straight hours of endless harassment from the fans of Bozeman A&M I would have done it myself.

On the other hand, I was under the impression that we would be saddled with his "offensive genious" for at least another year even if we lost so I was rather bitter. Had I known that the loss was actually going to cost him his job, I'd have been in a lot better mood Saturday. Shit, I might have even been cheering for the Wildcats....or whatever that team' name is. Anything to get him gone. He wasn't qualified when they hired him and he has done nothing but damage to the product on the field since he got here.

Here's to the future! 🥃🥃

I'll admit I've gotten wrapped up in the personal drama surrounding Stitt - kinda rooting for the nice guy to win... This is probably the best thing that could have happened to his family. Maybe they can get their husband / dad back, to a degree at least.

I acknowledge from a historical perspective you'd be crazy to not want Hauck back. He can bring the swagger and hopefully the wins. F*ck it, bring back the dick and let the chips (football and personal) fall where they may.

AZDoc said:
Yukon said:

Great, it will be like when Callahan destroyed my Raiders and then rolled into Nebraska and destroyed my Huskers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think letting Stitt go was a mistake, just my outsider opinion. Yes I understand two years of missing the playoffs and losing to the Cats is likely a death sentence for any coach at UM, but the guy couldn't keep his #1 starting QB healthy to save his life. And it seems like he was a great recruiter, his two classes were both lauded as top 10 FCS classes, correct?

With how much coaching turmoil the Griz have had since BH left, I thought it would be wise to let a guy stay long enough to at least coach a guy from start to finish without a redshirt (4 years). And with a guy like Jensen performing like he did as a freshman...

CatzWillRise said:
I think letting Stitt go was a mistake, just my outsider opinion. Yes I understand two years of missing the playoffs and losing to the Cats is likely a death sentence for any coach at UM, but the guy couldn't keep his #1 starting QB healthy to save his life. And it seems like he was a great recruiter, his two classes were both lauded as top 10 FCS classes, correct?

With how much coaching turmoil the Griz have had since BH left, I thought it would be wise to let a guy stay long enough to at least coach a guy from start to finish without a redshirt (4 years). And with a guy like Jensen performing like he did as a freshman...

Are you just messing with us? Because I wish there was more patience around here and less "let's fire everyone so we can win now". I agree with the Hauck supporters that his record doesn't lie, but he damned well better replicate it or I think many will be left wondering might have happened if we'd been a little more patient with Stitt.

Griz Man said:
CatzWillRise said:

Are you just messing with us? Because I wish there was more patience around here and less "let's fire everyone so we can win now". I agree with the Hauck supporters that his record doesn't lie, but he damned well better replicate it or I think many will be left wondering might have happened if we'd been a little more patient with Stitt.

I think CatzWillRise has a point. Both teams showed no character under Stitt and Ash. No fire or drive and you could see it when we played the Cats.

grizcountry420 said:
Griz Man said:
CatzWillRise said:

I think CatzWillRise has a point. Both teams showed no character under Stitt and Ash. No fire or drive and you could see it when we played the Cats.

I'm trying to follow you, but I don't see any reference to character, Ash, fire, or drive in Catz's post...

CatzWillRise said:

Good post

Griz Man said:
grizcountry420 said:
Griz Man said:
CatzWillRise said:

I'm trying to follow you, but I don't see any reference to character, Ash, fire, or drive in Catz's post...

Yeah, Catz, you are messing with me. Just read your post in another thread about the Griz not playing with any fire, yada yada. I'm sure the players didn't feel like they were lacking fire.

If we're getting Hauck we're probably taking Gregorak back as well. Choate better fuel up on testosterone supplements or you won't stand a chance...

It is a JOB guys. Coaching is a profession with high turn over. It goes with the career choice. Stitt saw this coming and I am sure was playing the what if game. I bet he already is on to his next option.

On a side note. Stitt is a good coach. I would not want him at UNI though. So it is funny that some of you think he is one of the best in the FCS, and maybe even an FBS team might want him as head coach. I don't see that. Time will tell.

I think it would be interesting to see what fans around the FCS would say. Would they swap him out with their current coach, or do they want him if they have that head coach opening? Great poll there. If he is as great as many say, he will soon have a head coach position in the FCS. Otherwise he will drop back down to D2 or take an assistant job in FBS/FCS.

I think he needs a bit more time before being a head coach at the FCS level. I certainly do not say that to be mean or demeaning to him. It is part of a learning process many in that job go through.

Griz Man said:
grizcountry420 said:
Griz Man said:
CatzWillRise said:

haha. My bad. I replied to the wrong post. This was the post I thought I was replying to:

Re: Hauck

Post by CatzWillRise » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:31 pm

The last two Cat/Griz games were weird to me, because really that is the first time I think in forever I felt like the Cats were the tougher, more fired up, aggressive team. Even during the Kramer years I always felt the Griz were likely to win because they wanted it, they had the confidence, and they knew they were going to win. Most of the time, even when we won, I felt the Griz were much more physical and dominant. There was no statisically reason that we should have won this year, but I felt confident we could because of how last year went - Choate's teams play hard wire to wire, where Stitt teams played like Ash teams - impossible to stop when things are going right, but when things hit the fan they got soft and fizzled. Hauck teams never did that.

Latest posts

Back