• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Assistant Coaches

I find it interesting that all the former players who coached for Stitt get a pass for some reason, like they somehow weren't part of the problem just like any other assistant. If they had never played for UM we'd all be roasting them too.

grizfan95 said:
MTGRZ said:
Ferriter, Selle, Green, Shillinger....Hope they stay.

So...the good ol' boys club?

Guys who will help keep some of the current players and recruits. Guys who know what it takes to beat state. Guys who know how to recruit Montana kids. Guys who have been in big games for the Griz and have won.

ari gold said:
I find it interesting that all the former players who coached for Stitt get a pass for some reason, like they somehow weren't part of the problem just like any other assistant. If they had never played for UM we'd all be roasting them too.

With the exception of Green...and maybe Germer...I agree with you.

Those two have tangible, positive results IMO.

SoldierGriz said:
ari gold said:

With the exception of Green...and maybe Germer...I agree with you.

Those two have tangible, positive results IMO.

I cant get on board with that, and it looks like Haslam came to the same conclusion.

George Ferguson said:
Germer and Green were the only one's Haslam spoke about at the presser. He did not mention Shann.

Yes, Shann was hired back. Haslem just didn’t mention his exact role at press conference but those 3 are for sure.

MTGRZ said:
grizfan95 said:
MTGRZ said:

Guys who will help keep some of the current players and recruits. Guys who know what it takes to beat state. Guys who know how to recruit Montana kids. Guys who have been in big games for the Griz and have won.

Well if they knew how to beat state then why the fuck didn’t they TELL somebody???

HookedonGriz said:
DuCharme said:
Wasn’t it already said that Germer, Schillinger, and Green would be the exceptions?

Yes which is why many think it will be Hauck as they all had direct ties

The more time that goes buy it does seem more and more like Hauck will be the head coach.

I don’t believe Kent H indicated UM would use a search firm for coaches. That’s said Kent had to have some sort of a short list in place.

I also don’t believe Kent said he would wait until o start making contacts until after FCS playoffs or bowl games.

With December 20 early recruits signings Kent will want a HC in place!

And the biggest of all is Haucks “band back together “ interview this summer. Hauck has to know Stitt was on the hot seat and what a move to let Griz nation know he was interested in GTBBT.. Hauck new emails and contacts to Kent would pour in!

I have a feeling come this next Monday we know who our coach is!

AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
grizfan95 said:
MTGRZ said:

Well if they knew how to beat state then why the f*** didn’t they TELL somebody???

PREACH AZ, PREACH BROTHER

George Ferguson said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
grizfan95 said:

Well if they knew how to beat state then why the f*** didn’t they TELL somebody???

PREACH AZ, PREACH BROTHER

I will say an assistant (not a coordinator) speaking at last summer's Montana coaches clinic regarding special teams alluded that Stitt did not give adequate time etc. to this area to do what was needed for max success......so perhaps some assistants had ideas but were not listened to or allowed to have real input on what went down. Interesting at the time....and with so many special team inadequacies the last two years was probably a very true observation.

Back