• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck Effect on NDSU run

41GrizFan

Longtime reader of egriz, first time poster. Sounds like Hauck's return is a forgone conclusion, which is awesome!

My brother and I were talking about the state of athletics at the U and the trickle down effect Hauck leaving had. IMO, the program that benefited the most from this run is none other than NDSU. Had Hauck been here in 2011, I do not believe we get beat by Sam Houston and stop NoDak State's run before it begins in Frisco.

Thoughts?

41GrizFan said:
Longtime reader of egriz, first time poster. Sounds like Hauck's return is a forgone conclusion, which is awesome!

My brother and I were talking about the state of athletics at the U and the trickle down effect Hauck leaving had. IMO, the program that benefited the most from this run is none other than NDSU. Had Hauck been here in 2011, I do not believe we get beat by Sam Houston and stop NoDak State's run before it begins in Frisco.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure we beat NDSU but I do feel like we would have been playing them in the championship. What they did was special and in all likelihood still happened with a Houck led Griz program. I do however feel like the landscape of the FCS would be vastly different today had he been here for the past 8 seasons.

41GrizFan said:

Thoughts?

Maybe he could have stopped ISIS, slowed global warming, and got those hard water stains out of my tub. " Bobby! Is there anything he can't do? "

SaskGriz said:
41GrizFan said:

Thoughts?

Maybe he could have stopped ISIS, slowed global warming, and got those hard water stains out of my tub. " Bobby! Is there anything he can't do? "

It definitely seems like we are getting ahead of ourselves on this.

41GrizFan said:

Thoughts?

You are aware that NDSU beat a Hauck led UM team whilst still a D2 school??

Personally, I believe Pflu not getting wrongfully terminated would have had much more of an impact.

Chet_Ripley said:
41GrizFan said:

Thoughts?

Personally, I believe Pflu not getting wrongfully terminated would have had much more of an impact.

Pflu was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but he wasn't wrongfully terminated.

41GrizFan said:

Thoughts?
this is parody....... right :shock:

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Chet_Ripley said:
41GrizFan said:

Thoughts?

Pflu was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but he wasn't wrongfully terminated.

Yet got a settlement. He was terminated for publicly backing a player, that was then found innocent by a jury for something. To me, that's wrongfully terminated. Now, there certainly were other issues, he also was, as you said, wrong place, wrong time.

AZDoc said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Chet_Ripley said:
41GrizFan said:

Thoughts?

Yet got a settlement. He was terminated for publicly backing a player, that was then found innocent by a jury for something. To me, that's wrongfully terminated. Now, there certainly were other issues, he also was, as you said, wrong place, wrong time.

My point is that we did not want the heat the Penn State got or the heat Baylor would recieve a couple years later. Pflugrad was going to be toxic here for that. It's what got Tracy Claeys fired at Minnesota as well. It's a rape scandal, and as long as kangaroo courts exist or that stigma stays after being found innocent, the consequences are going to remain the same. There's no way around it.

AZDoc said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Chet_Ripley said:
41GrizFan said:

Thoughts?

It’s amazing how memories change facts. Pflu was fired for failing to communicate up the chain of command about disciplinary matters with players that belonged in the University Disciplinary system. U presidents, and leaders generally, do not like finding out about potential scandals through calls from the press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
AZDoc said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Chet_Ripley said:

My point is that we did not want the heat the Penn State got or the heat Baylor would recieve a couple years later. Pflugrad was going to be toxic here for that. It's what got Tracy Claeys fired at Minnesota as well. It's a rape scandal, and as long as kangaroo courts exist or that stigma stays after being found innocent, the consequences are going to remain the same. There's no way around it.

..totally disagree about Pflu..had Engstom done the the right thing and not bent to pressure it
would have blown over and the Griz would be doing victory laps..I have great respect for Pflu and
not to mention he loved Montana..to bad our loss!
he loved Montana..

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
AZDoc said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Chet_Ripley said:

yes, very true. :thumb:

bearister said:
AZDoc said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Chet_Ripley said:

It’s amazing how memories change facts. Pflu was fired for failing to communicate up the chain of command about disciplinary matters with players that belonged in the University Disciplinary system. U presidents, and leaders generally, do not like finding out about potential scandals through calls from the press.

Officially, yes. But what brought light to the fact was his public comments. that other stuff, minor issues that can be taken care of with a "firm talking to" :lol:

Memories are short I remember when people wanted pflugrad canned early on. Also he and O'Day got fired for covering shit up and of course emails never go away.

retiredpopo said:
Memories are short I remember when people wanted pflugrad canned early on. Also he and O'Day got fired for covering shit up and of course emails never go away.

I mean, I know a couple politicians who'll say otherwise.

There was an interesting story in the Fargo Forum two years ago that discussed how their trip to Missoula to beat the Griz was one of the biggest factors that led them to decide to move up to FCS.

AZDoc said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Chet_Ripley said:
41GrizFan said:

Thoughts?

AllWeatherFan said:
There was an interesting story in the Fargo Forum two years ago that discussed how their trip to Missoula to beat the Griz was one of the biggest factors that led them to decide to move up to FCS.

So in other words Hauck inadvertently CAUSED the NDSU run, but for a completely different reason than the OP contends... :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
AllWeatherFan said:

So in other words Hauck inadvertently CAUSED the NDSU run, but for a completely different reason than the OP contends... :lol: :lol:

Not true. NDSU had already made the decision to move up. We played them in their last year. Believe that article states it gave the athletic department the confidence they could be successful.

Truth be told, we are lucky not to have played them in the 80’s and early 90’s. Their D2 championship teams were better than anything being produced by D1-AA.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Chet_Ripley said:
41GrizFan said:

Thoughts?

Yes. Yes, he was.

Pretty sure everyone except you and engstrom are on board with that. Which is why he received a settlement.

Back