• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

This is going to be a long few weeks

Stop_HammerTime69

I was a bit of a Minnesota fan last year (kinda dropped that, not happy about that school, besides the point anyways), and coaching carousels suck. Saw the flight trackers, heard all the rumors like Charlie Strong and Les Miles, and it got drawn out. It was agonizing. It ended with the splashy hire, but man, did the endless speculation get old.

Considering we heard nothing today, I'm guessing we won't hear anything until at least next week. And I know most posters here have that hard-on for Bobby Hauck, but I just don't see it happening.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
I was a bit of a Minnesota fan last year (kinda dropped that, not happy about that school, besides the point anyways), and coaching carousels suck. Saw the flight trackers, heard all the rumors like Charlie Strong and Les Miles, and it got drawn out. It was agonizing. It ended with the splashy hire, but man, did the endless speculation get old.

Considering we heard nothing today, I'm guessing we won't hear anything until at least next week. And I know most posters here have that hard-on for Bobby Hauck, but I just don't see it happening.

I am also a mini Minnesota fan, plus Vikings and Twins have been my teams for ever. Agree that it started as a disaster, but they did well for themselves in my opinion. Won't be splashy here in Griz/BH land. Why aren't you happy about that school?

Stop_HammerTime69 said:

Why don't you just go jump on the Alabama bandwagon for the big win.

AZDoc said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

I am also a mini Minnesota fan, plus Vikings and Twins have been my teams for ever. Agree that it started as a disaster, but they did well for themselves in my opinion. Won't be splashy here in Griz/BH land. Why aren't you happy about that school?

That was the school I had my heart set on. It had great programs in everything, set in a big city, and most importantly, had big time college football, something I had grown up on and wanted nothing more than to be a part of the 50k+ crowd. Probably would have gone there over Harvard, if offered the choice. Anyways, Funding for one of the scholarship funds got dropped, meaning they were going to offer fewer and smaller scholarships than usual, revoked a couple (mine was one of them) and it was going to be more expensive than I could actually afford, even though they offer in-state tuition to North Dakota high school grads. It was just a shitty situation, and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Montana, despite the budget problems, still gave me a sizeable scholarship, which made it more affordable than even University of North Dakota or NDSU. Plus, I was born in the state, mom's family is all around Bozeman (and all cats fans, this past Sunday was very painful), and I've seen that the football fandom more closely resembles that of the Big Ten or the Pac-12 than the rest of the FCS. It's not the same, and it definitely feels like being on the outside looking in, but if this is the best of a not great situation, I'll be all right.

I know you didn't ask my life story, but that's more or less why I don't like Minnesota.

indian-outlaw said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

Why don't you just go jump on the Alabama bandwagon for the big win.

Where did that even come from? I'll cheer for the school I have a connection to, regardless of success. I'm a better fan than that. I'm not a Best Buy Buckeye, Walmart Wolverine, or Costco Cat.

Back