• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Faculty ask for reconsideration of Hauck hire

Jaredkuehn

Well, here we go...

Unfortunately this was always a risk associated with hiring Bobby Hauck.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/letter-from-some-university-of-montana-faculty-ask-for-reconsideration/article_1930c723-7c0d-5223-8907-a9a417e457c5.html?utm_content=buffer49984&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=LEEDCC#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

Scary part is some of those people are educating others...

In all seriousness it amazes me how people try to project things on to coach Hauck or say past problems are a direct result from him. Traffic is terrible on Reserve Street, clearly Bobby's fault too.

FFS.

It has been obvious that this entire thing was vetted before he was named coach. Why rehash it again, and again, and again. They addressed all these things in the presser.

Do we know how many faculty signed the letter? They refer to four in the article. Is this a significant movement or just a handful of fringe activists looking to get their name published somewhere?

*Correction, signed by 28 faculty members per the article*

...at the end of the day...
...it gets dark and siht happens...
...these people need to get a frickn grip...

... :wtf: ...

How about instead of complaining and moaning about everything they (faculty) don't like at UM, they tried to go out and recruit students to come to the UM themselves, enroll in their programs and classes. Get students that otherwise wouldn't be coming to the U. Can you imagine if they helped fix the problems themselves. Be part of the solution? Nah, it's easier to sit back and complain.

"....Hauck be required to schedule forums with faculty and students to address their concerns."

Translation: Let's get all 28 of us together and get Hauck in one spot and pick on him.

How about you let him do his job until you truly have a reason to be concerned. What a bunch of entitled bullies.

http://www.montanakaimin.com/sports/missoula-businesses-and-economy-win-from-griz-athletics/article_e3a9d20c-7f8b-11e6-866f-a7c9e1ed1584.html

Griz Athletics and athletes are a huge benefit to the University of Montana and Missoula community. It's unfortunate that so many people don't understand this...

He has already signed. Be here for at least 3 years. Will not be undone.

Imagine the payout it would take?

Their concerns are fair and I'm sure this is something that Hauck, Haslam, Bodnar, and Stearns discussed at length. Asking for the hire to be reconsidered is a little silly, IMO. However I think their alternate suggestion of having meetings with Hauck/Haslam to discuss concerns and remedies are perfectly fine.

They had to know this was coming, and then add in the firestorm that was whipped up because of it (I see they're asking for Schlosser's season tix to be revoked), it probably brought on extra concern.

These liberal arts professors need to look at themselves in the mirror if they think Hauck is to blame for declining enrollment at the university.

*Elizabeth Hubble
*Anya Jabour
*Bryan Cochran
*Rayna Sage
*Tobin Miller Shearer
*Sara Hayden
*Kathy Kuipers
*Hiltrud Arens
*Brady Harrison
*Betsy Bach
*Tammy Ravas
*Neva Hassanein
*Celia Winkler
*Daisy Rooks
*Megan Stark
*Chris Fiore
*Teresa Sobieszczyk
*Greg Larson
*Alison Pepper
*Dan Spencer
*John DeBoer
*Phil Condon
*Patrick Burke
*Allen Szalda-Petree
*Jill Belsky
*Sarah Halvorson
*David Shively

What's interesting is the backlash and negativity toward Hauck is probably far outweighed by the actual support of Hauck....only you wouldn't know it based on the Davey petition, some crap Missoulian articles, and some even more crappy Kaimin articles. Those who oppose something always seem to be more vocal and do their part to draw attention to their frustration (squeaky wheel gets the grease mentality).

I'm dang-near tempted to start my own petition or platform of some kind in support of the Hauck hire. I have a feeling this platform would blow any of the negative ones out of the water....by a long shot. Would be interesting to see the majority of support that he has instead of listening to or being spoon fed this negativity.

Any good ideas to help accomplish this? Would it be worth looking into?

On a side note, letter asks that Schlosser's tickets be revoked "for his threats against Davey"

Did I miss something? Is he charged with anything other than not having a filter? What were the threats? I'm not saying he didn't, I just haven't heard about it yet?

HookedonGriz said:
What's interesting is the backlash and negativity toward Hauck is probably far outweighed by the actual support of Hauck....only you wouldn't know it based on the Davey petition, some crap Missoulian articles, and some even more crappy Kaimin articles. Those who oppose something always seem to be more vocal and do their part to draw attention to their frustration (squeaky wheel gets the grease mentality).

I'm dang-near tempted to start my own petition or platform of some kind in support of the Hauck hire. I have a feeling this platform would blow any of the negative ones out of the water....by a long shot. Would be interesting to see the majority of support that he has instead of listening to or being spoon fed this negativity.

Any good ideas to help accomplish this? Would it be worth looking into?

I'd sign, this has been out of hand for a long time. bunch of damn hippies over in the Zoo unfortunately

wereiaureadyvirtue-signaling-we-cant-virtue-signal-any-harder-memegenerator-net-ever-26819397.png

signedbewildered said:
*Elizabeth Hubble
*Anya Jabour
*Bryan Cochran
*Rayna Sage
*Tobin Miller Shearer
*Sara Hayden
*Kathy Kuipers
*Hiltrud Arens
*Brady Harrison
*Betsy Bach
*Tammy Ravas