• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

We Support Coach Hauck!!! WE'VE HIT 2500!! Updated the OP

HookedonGriz

DONOR
IMPORTANT UPDATE - Shaun Rainey is the only sports journalist to write me back thus far. He is aware of the petition and will be including it in his Monday sports broadcast. That is positive news!!

Quick update of where this has been:

I don't know when this will fizzle out but a statement has been made.

- I've sent it directly to Kent and received a response that he was glad we made him aware of it
- been shared to the Montana Grizzlies Fans FB page
- been shared on the Cat-Griz Insider FB page
- shared to my personal FB and Twitter accounts and countless others
- tweeted directly to Coach Hauck, Aime Just (Missoulian), Nick Puckett (Kaimin), Missoulian page, and Kaimin page
- tweeted directly to Skyline Sports and Kyle and Colter
- tweeted directly to President Bodnar
- tweeted directly to Shaun Rainey
- direct tweet to Sheila Stearns
- got a response from someone close to Hauck saying they appreciate the kind effort and that people tend to forget they are human, too
- best part....the number of awesome supporting comments made toward the Coach directly on the petition page.
- George Ferguson, any love you can give this from a media standpoint??

Griz Nation is awesome. I'm going to keep sharing it and tagging media outlets as well. You guys rock!

EDIT AND UPDATE: MADE IT OFFICIAL. PLEASE CLICK ON LINK AND SIGN IF YOU WAMT YOUR SUPPORT FOR COACH HAUCK TO BE HEARD

https://www.change.org/p/griz-nation-we-fully-support-the-return-of-coach-bobby-hauck?recruiter=840808614&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

I was just listening to the podcast with Colter and Andrew Schmidt, they mentioned that Bobbys team lead the conference for academic all conference (or all american) either 1st or 2nd place in the conference every year he was here. I haven't seen that in any of their stories. They listed a lot of the success of former past players. It's good to hear it from a former player, or players who were closer to the program than any of these so called expert reporters that don't even do their homework in their biased articles.

Ditto. I was not a strong Hauck hire supporter. But after listening to the press conference, and many of the former players, I was shifting. After listening to Schmidt I'm totally sold. I'm sure Bobby was not happy with player conduct when he was here before, nor do I think it was his fault. I believe, over a short period of time, this dissent will dissipate. More of this information needs to be put in front of the general public. How can we best do this?

Go Griz.

I fully support coach Hauck. I think he’s learned his lesson and has matured after stops at UNLV which I think made him humble and taught him to have patience, and then at SDSU where he had that fire to help lead SDSU to mtn west championships. I support you 100% coach Hauck

I am thrilled to have coach Hauck back and I support him and appreciate his commitment to UM, Montana, and the Griz. Go Griz!

Welcome home Coach Hauck. I hope your tenure is so successful it runs a decade or longer and that the day you leave the Griz is the day you choose to retire.

AZGrizFan said:
Why doesn’t someone start a petition like that girl did.

I'm thinking about what I posted in the OP in petition format and gather support and signatures. Didn't know what others thought or if we should add some others things to it to make it even better

HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

I'm thinking about what I posted in the OP in petition format and gather support and signatures. Didn't know what others thought or if we should add some others things to it to make it even better

Start it. We’ll all sign it and have about 10x the signatures she got.

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

I like the way you think. I would hope it would rally some support

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Done deal.....it's official. Let's see if we can get it to blow up. Feel free to share on any social media too. Here's the link!

https://www.change.org/p/griz-nation-we-fully-support-the-return-of-coach-bobby-hauck?recruiter=840808614&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

HookedonGriz said:
I put this together and am wondering if there's a way drum up more visible support for it. Maybe our own change.org petition we can all sign and make go viral on some level? I am getting tired of the negative articles, petitions, and social media blasting of Coach Hauck and thought it may be time to take an actual stance:

EDIT AND UPDATE: MADE IT OFFICIAL. PLEASE CLICK ON LINK AND SIGN IF YOU WAMT YOUR SUPPORT FOR COACH HAUCK TO BE HEARD

We are in full support of the return of Coach Bobby Hauck to lead the University of Montana football team. We will cheer him on as he leads his athletes to new heights and encourages these student-athletes to be positive role models, productive community members, and quality representatives of Grizzlies athletics.

We fully expect Coach Hauck and his staff to create a positive, friendly, caring, respectful, and inclusive culture within his team. We also expect Coach Hauck and his staff to fully utilize the Student-Athlete Code of Conduct to appropriately discipline any student-athletes who are not a positive representation of the football team, the University of MT, or the community of Missoula.

Coach Hauck has had a tremendous role and influence in the positive development of hundreds of student-athletes during his tenure with the University of MT. Many of these former athletes have voiced their strong, supportive opinion of Coach Hauck during this hiring process. We fully support and expect Coach Hauck and his staff to continue to be a positive influence in helping each of these student-athletes reach their full potential.

Thank you, Coach Hauck, for coming back to your alma mater and to Griz Nation. We are thrilled you and your family have decided to make MT and this wonderful community "home" again. You have our full support, and Go Griz!

Wow! Solid grass roots movement. You're making a real difference in this world. :lol: :lol:

GoldenEagle said:
HookedonGriz said:
I put this together and am wondering if there's a way drum up more visible support for it. Maybe our own change.org petition we can all sign and make go viral on some level? I am getting tired of the negative articles, petitions, and social media blasting of Coach Hauck and thought it may be time to take an actual stance:

We are in full support of the return of Coach Bobby Hauck to lead the University of Montana football team. We will cheer him on as he leads his athletes to new heights and encourages these student-athletes to be positive role models, productive community members, and quality representatives of Grizzlies athletics.

We fully expect Coach Hauck and his staff to create a positive, friendly, caring, respectful, and inclusive culture within his team. We also expect Coach Hauck and his staff to fully utilize the Student-Athlete Code of Conduct to appropriately discipline any student-athletes who are not a positive representation of the football team, the University of MT, or the community of Missoula.

Coach Hauck has had a tremendous role and influence in the positive development of hundreds of student-athletes during his tenure with the University of MT. Many of these former athletes have voiced their strong, supportive opinion of Coach Hauck during this hiring process. We fully support and expect Coach Hauck and his staff to continue to be a positive influence in helping each of these student-athletes reach their full potential.

Thank you, Coach Hauck, for coming back to your alma mater and to Griz Nation. We are thrilled you and your family have decided to make MT and this wonderful community "home" again. You have our full support, and Go Griz!

Wow! Solid grass roots movement. You're making a real difference in this world. :lol: :lol:

My guess is that its a 14 point difference...

What is the old proverb; "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

If you are going to start an online petition or any form of petition it should delineate unequivocally the facts of Coach Hauck's first tenure here, both academically and athletically. It should state in clear language the opposition we have to any individual or group that casts aspersions on Coach Hauck that are based on suspicion and innuendo that are unproven and factually incorrect. Finally it should suggest that any future opposition regardless of form be required to meet the same factual basis that is established in this petition.

I guess I'm tired of the devolution I see in our society where any moron with a perceived cause and a laptop can publish some kind of defamatory statement that contains misconstrued evidence, unsubstantiated innuendo and actions taken out of context to support an erroneous conclusion and then have even bigger morons sign on in support of that erroneous conclusion.

GoldenEagle said:
HookedonGriz said:

I remember a time when EWU had a playoff game and literally couldn't get anybody to show up. The AD reached out to Griz fans and we showed up in Cheney. That was a solid grass roots movement for sure. Douchebag.

snap said:
GoldenEagle said:
HookedonGriz said:

I remember a time when EWU had a playoff game and literally couldn't get anybody to show up. The AD reached out to Griz fans and we showed up in Cheney. That was a solid grass roots movement for sure. Douchebag.

Ya, I think that support from UofM fans turned the EAGS program around. That kind of fan support from a conference foe just tugs at my heartstrings.

Back