• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Helmets!?

ORGUNGRIZ

So it’s a quite day on eGriz, so why not put out a topic while we await the rest of the coaching staff to be hired.

I certainly like the traditional silver helmet with maroon Griz script.

However for the sake of conversation and turning a new leaf so to speak with coach Hauck’s return, should the Griz look to do a simple rebrand of sorts.

I am thinking major, just maybe the helmets.

I like that flat maroon helmet with silver Griz scipt with either maroon or black face mask.

Has a real workmen no flash no nonsense look to it.

ORGUNGRIZ said:
So it’s a quite day on eGriz, so why not put out a topic while we await the rest of the coaching staff to be hired.

However for the sake of conversation and turning a new leaf so to speak with coach Hauck’s return, should the Griz look to do a simple rebrand of sorts.

I like that flat maroon helmet with silver Griz scipt with either maroon or black face mask.

:sleep:

ORGUNGRIZ said:

I like what your thinking, sounds like a good idea

ORGUNGRIZ said:

From what I've heard, this is one area where the football program is adhearing to budget constraits campus wide. Not spending money on alternate/uni combos, extra helmets right now. The past few years, the Griz have used two alternate helmets, matte maroon and white. I believe they still have the white helmets in the equipment room, but the maroon ones were sold. This past season, they even went away from changing helmet decals on a game-by-game basis. No Paw decal, no state flag decal, no special Pink game or Military appreciation decal. And trust me, it's NOT because Stitt and Co. wanted to keep it simple and traditional. That's one area, albeit small, that the Griz are pinching pennies right now.

George Ferguson said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:

From what I've heard, this is one area where the football program is adhearing to budget constraits campus wide. Not spending money on alternate/uni combos, extra helmets right now. The past few years, the Griz have used two alternate helmets, matte maroon and white. I believe they still have the white helmets in the equipment room, but the maroon ones were sold. This past season, they even went away from changing helmet decals on a game-by-game basis. No Paw decal, no state flag decal, no special Pink game or Military appreciation decal. And trust me, it's NOT because Stitt and Co. wanted to keep it simple and traditional. That's one area, albeit small, that the Griz are pinching pennies right now.

A few sets of decals can’t be that expensive.

Rebrand? That might be the dumbest idea I’ve heard in years. Griz brand is the best known FCS brand out there.

We keep what we've got, but spray Pam cooking spray on them so we can slip past defenders, head first?

GGNez said:
We keep what we've got, but spray Pam cooking spray on them so we can slip past defenders, head first?
We’re not sac state.

In other news, I’m sad to hear they sold the matte maroon. They were by far my favorite look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dupuyer griz said:
GGNez said:
We’re not sac state.

In other news, I’m sad to hear they sold the matte maroon. They were by far my favorite look.

But let's read about it again...just for fun.

http://a.espncdn.com/ncf/news/2002/1114/1460800.html

I think it’s a good idea. Too bad we haven’t worn the maroon ones since 2014 and the white ones since 2016 and don’t change the decals anymore.

My sources told me that having full artistic control of helmet design and uniform flair were part of Hauck’s conditions before he would come back. A lot of you will not be happy come the fall of2018.

Mark it down.

Nothing new until the divide trophy is back where it belongs and we are hosting some play-off games again.

GGNez said:
dupuyer griz said:
GGNez said:
We’re not sac state.

That’s was too funny. I was at that game. That’s right behind the time the back up punter from UNC stabbed the starter for his job. Strange things...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=2585781

PDXGrizzly said:
GGNez said:
dupuyer griz said:
GGNez said:
We’re not sac state.

That’s was too funny. I was at that game. That’s right behind the time the back up punter from UNC stabbed the starter for his job. Strange things...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=2585781

That was classic NoCo.

AZGrizFan said:
Rebrand? That might be the dumbest idea I’ve heard in years. Griz brand is the best known FCS brand out there.

azgrizfan has it exactly right.....other teams in the fcs would kill for our griz script recognition due to marketing (recruiting)...a couple others that have fbs scripts that have never changed is tulsa and ole miss ....iowa has never changed a thing since hayden fry put the steeler look (working man theme) and it works pretty well too...if your flipping channels, everyone knows who is playing instantly.....we have classic design and colors (has stood the test of time)...we need to sell that (tradition) and play Montana football start winning bsc and deep play off runs imo and forget about all this window dressing stuff.... if the kids we recruit need that, well they may not be the right kids.

krammer said:
AZGrizFan said:

azgrizfan has it exactly right.....other teams in the fcs would kill for our griz script recognition due to marketing (recruiting)...a couple others that have fbs scripts that have never changed is tulsa and ole miss ....iowa has never changed a thing since hayden fry put the steeler look (working man theme) and it works pretty well too...if your flipping channels, everyone knows who is playing instantly.....we have classic design and colors (has stood the test of time)...we need to sell that (tradition) and play Montana football start winning bsc and deep play off runs imo and forget about all this window dressing stuff.... if the kids we recruit need that, well they may not be the right kids.
I didn’t realize the test of time is 20 years.

mondayamqb said:
no helmets. no face mask. no mouth guard. 2 inch cleats. get back to Griz football.
Then it would be called Rugby. With the speed and size of players today with zero fat that hit like freight trains, could you imagine only wearing above, but why stop there, lets turn them into gladiators and give them swords etc. That would make for some interesting football, though the injury list might look ugly.

Since we are stretching our minds during offseason (considering helmets etc), here is an old article that is fun to read. http://mtstandard.com/sports/high-school/rat-chat-griz-eye-for-the-cat-guy/article_46a5420d-0588-558f-9281-06bb57a53e3f.html

Back