• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Watching Griz football on TV in Vegas

Grizzoola

DONOR
How can I do that w/o going to Torrey Pines Pub, which I've done past 2 years? At 81, I need to drive over a half hour to get to the pub & can't do it, any more. I live in Henderson. I don't have satellite; that's out of the question. I think a streaming service would help, but don't know which one. "Watch ESPN"? Any ideas?

Grizzoola said:
How can I do that w/o going to Torrey Pines Pub, which I've done past 2 years? At 81, I need to drive over a half hour to get to the pub & can't do it, any more. I live in Henderson. I don't have satellite; that's out of the question. I think a streaming service would help, but don't know which one. "Watch ESPN"? Any ideas?
WatchESPN is probably the simplest approach, but others may know of something better. Be aware that you need plenty of bandwidth on a high-speed web connection -- otherwise the output is choppy and/or pixelated.

Why "out of the question"? Cost, or rules" where you live? Most condo and homeowner associations that I know of have ways to allow occupants to sign up for DirecTV or Dish.

Direct TV now. for $35 you can stream most of the griz games, root (via Audience) espn etc. No recording or rewind, only live coverage. The other ones are on bigskytv, which is a online free service. This year i had to pick up the preseason games with the gogriz/cbs paid online service for $9 just one month.

Next year may be entirely different.

This past year, anything not on Root or on gogriz was on Pluto TV. You can get a Roku or an Apple TV and stream it directly to your tv (If you go Apple TV with it, make sure you get the new one that can download apps). This year, Root carried all of our conference home games. Usually you have to hunt to find the games, but if you pay attention to the board or ask, you can usually get a good steer. BTW, to use WatchESPN, you need a service like Xfinity or Dish so you can have access.

MTpotts said:
Or, hook up with a babe that will drive you to Torrey Pines.

That's what I was thinking! Or, any good Griz fan down there should go pick him up and let him enjoy the craziness!

RABIDAWG said:
MTpotts said:

That's what I was thinking! Or, any good Griz fan down there should go pick him up and let him enjoy the craziness!

Was down there this year for a game, and honestly...it was pretty far from crazy. Met some cool griz fans who gave us a ride back to Fremont tho, and hung out some later. Pretty tame all in all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CFallsGriz said:
RABIDAWG said:
MTpotts said:
Was down there this year for a game, and honestly...it was pretty far from crazy. Met some cool griz fans who gave us a ride back to Fremont tho, and hung out some later. Pretty tame all in all.
Well, what do you expect, considering last season? Couple yrs ago, TPP had SRO only for Griz/Cat. I got a place at a table w/ strangers. Come to find out they'd been there since 7am. Of course, we shared UM stories. TPP is next to being in WaGriz, w/ "First down, Montana," and all.

Grizzoola. You can access ESPN3 as well as those shown by Pluto tv (most of our home games I think) multiple ways. First for any streaming appliation you need your cable provider to have a deal with the streaming company or you need to know secret codes. I dont know any secret codes so fortunately my cable provider, Charter Spectrum, works for both of those streaming apps. Next you need a device to stream with such as a smart tv, Roku, Firestick etc. Can use xbox and I think PS4 as well for ESPN3. I use Roku. I have heard good things about Firestick as well but Charter Spectrum in MT does not have access to ESPN3 via Firestick so I use a Roku. Probably 30-50 bucks for those devices. A smart tv might access them without an extra device. So for me I use Roku and can access both streaming applications. You need a password for your cable provider. They can help you change/obtain yours if you dont know it.

cmtgrizzly said:
Grizzoola. You can access ESPN3 as well as those shown by Pluto tv (most of our home games I think) multiple ways. First for any streaming appliation you need your cable provider to have a deal with the streaming company or you need to know secret codes. I dont know any secret codes so fortunately my cable provider, Charter Spectrum, works for both of those streaming apps. Next you need a device to stream with such as a smart tv, Roku, Firestick etc. Can use xbox and I think PS4 as well for ESPN3. I use Roku. I have heard good things about Firestick as well but Charter Spectrum in MT does not have access to ESPN3 via Firestick so I use a Roku. Probably 30-50 bucks for those devices. A smart tv might access them without an extra device. So for me I use Roku and can access both streaming applications. You need a password for your cable provider. They can help you change/obtain yours if you dont know it.

Sorry the above was for BBall. I will have to think about football. Might be streamed on Pluto? Regardless if football can be streamed that is generally how to do it. If the above is as clear as mud let me know and I will try again.

Thx, guys. I have a laptop I can connect to my TV w/ an HDMI cable. I just don't know what streaming service carries Griz games. If WatchESPN can do it, ok. I would just like to know a service that carries, hopefully, all Griz games.

Grizzoola said:
Thx, guys. I have a laptop I can connect to my TV w/ an HDMI cable. I just don't know what streaming service carries Griz games. If WatchESPN can do it, ok. I would just like to know a service that carries, hopefully, all Griz games.

Its a hodgepodge of services, its not going to be just one

Grizzoola said:

Get DirecTV's streaming and the free Pluto TV app. Together, you should be able to get every game.

Grizzoola said:
grizpsych said:
Get DirecTV's streaming and the free Pluto TV app. Together, you should be able to get every game.
Will give it a try start of next season.

Grizzoola, that is what i did this year and was able to watch every game online that way. :thumb:

ESPN3 does not show any football games unless it is in the playoffs. I live in Coeur d'Alene so all the away games not on Root I streamed through Pluto TV on a Roku.

mtgrizzly said:
Grizzoola said:
grizpsych said:
Grizzoola, that is what i did this year and was able to watch every game online that way. :thumb:
If I pay for DirecTV streaming on my laptop, why do I need Pluto? I'm not being difficult, here. Just need to know. :)

Grizzoola said:
mtgrizzly said:
Grizzoola said:
grizpsych said:
If I pay for DirecTV streaming on my laptop, why do I need Pluto? I'm not being difficult, here. Just need to know. :)

With DirecTV NOW you can watch the games on root via the audience channel, and use the Pluto app to watch all the other games.

mtgrizzly said:
Grizzoola said:
mtgrizzly said:
Grizzoola said:
With DirecTV NOW you can watch the games on root via the audience channel, and use the Pluto app to watch all the other games.
OK. Thx for that.

Grizzoola said:

Grizzoula, you can call me. I am by Decatur and Blue Diamond. I will drive you to Grizzlyville. I go there for Griz games when I am not traveling to games in the area. I will be driving to Cedar City and Cal Poly for those two games.

Back