• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sports Report with Coach Hauck

Great interview and a great show. Bobby has come along way and it is very evident. Age and experience has its advantages. I am so glad that he’s back. You could see the fire in him and I feel Montana is on the road back to the top of the mountain. It can’t happen soon enough.

I really enjoyed that. I'd like to see more interviews like this one, with various coaches and even players.

Yes it was a great showing of coach Hauck! But let me tell you Bobby Hauck has always been a great Christian man who Montana is lucky to have back! HE NEED APOLOGIZE FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! Those stinking bobcat coaches are pissing down their legs as we speak! Bobby will soon have the cream back on top and the Stitt era will be long forgotten. There will be another streak coming but this piddly little 2 game mistake will never be classified a streak. 2 games is a mistake not a streak...lIVE IT UP YOU SUCKY BOBCATS BECAUSE IT IS TRULY "BACK TO NORMAL"! Go Griz!

Yes, terrific interview. Hauck comes across as a nice guy with a nice sense of humor. All smiles. Indicates that he is no long a 38 year old somewhat brash new head coach.

Some things that caught my attention.

The UNLV AD had been at UNLV 4 days when he hired Hauck. The AD told Hauck that he thought the 2 of them could do something different and special at UNLV, i.e. win. Hauck felt he had accomplished much of what he could at UM and was ready for a new challenge.

Last time, it took 3 years to get to be dominant like they were the last 4 years, when they became a machine. It didn’t come initially.

What does it take to get back to the top. “Work.”

San Diego St. has just had its winningest 3 years in its history.

... he also got UNLV to a bowl game. I view that as a huge accomplishment at a place like UNLV. Also helps to have a good/great QB. That Craig Ochs team early on in his first stint and solid Montana D made it all the way to the Championship game and although they lost, that was a great Griz team. I believe it bodes well to have a QB (Jensen) who can be a star and lead this offense. Instead of having him for just a season, he will have him for three! That will for sure help with the re-build.

And yes, Bobby with the media this time is already x10 better! Very refreshing and exciting to listen to. Big things coming for the University of Montana! "Hard Work" is always a great recipe.

I’m so excited for Griz football! Coach Hauck is the right guy at the right time because to me it just feels like we quickly went from a path of mediocrity to a road of rekindled interest, toughness, passion and championships!! :thumb:

Some humility seems to be serving Hauck very well on his return. He will mend many fences and burnt bridges if he continues this. He would be wise to continue this practice.

Great interview. Good questions and very good answers. Bobby seems a lot more personable, approachable and humble. I am more excited for Griz football than I have been in years.

I was not initially on the Hauck bandwagon, however a few things have changed my mind.
1.Coach Hauck seems really energized and ready to take on this position full bore.
2.The fans! griz nation needed a boost and Hauck is just what they needed. The games were slowly becoming more and more empty and you heard of folks talking about not renewing season tickets.
3. In my stubborn state of defending Stitt I had not realized how "boring" everything had become with the football program and even my own interest had dwindled. I continued to hope and wait for the big turnaround that never came. I hoped the Griz would win, when Hauck was here I knew the Griz would win.
In haucks first stint my son and I were always amazed at how they could pull a victory from the jaws of defeat and he dubbed it "Griz magic" When BH was hired I got a text from my son ( now 15 y/o ) that read Griz magic! We are ready for Griz football!

grizfan47 said:
Great interview. Good questions and very good answers. Bobby seems a lot more personable, approachable and humble. I am more excited for Griz football than I have been in years.

Yep. Hopefully I have matured some in 17 years. Probably not.

Good interview. I have to admit, I have been very impressed with Coach Hauck since his hire. Somehow this all just seems natural.

Say what you will about Bob Stitt, the man can recruit. This team is on the verge of breaking out. I feel Coach Hauck will find he has a strong nucleus of very talented young players to work with. 2018 could be challenging as the transition works itself through, but I am excited and optimistic for Griz football.

Mavman said:
I was not initially on the Hauck bandwagon, however a few things have changed my mind.
1.Coach Hauck seems really energized and ready to take on this position full bore.
2.The fans! griz nation needed a boost and Hauck is just what they needed. The games were slowly becoming more and more empty and you heard of folks talking about not renewing season tickets.
3. In my stubborn state of defending Stitt I had not realized how "boring" everything had become with the football program and even my own interest had dwindled. I continued to hope and wait for the big turnaround that never came. I hoped the Griz would win, when Hauck was here I knew the Griz would win.
In haucks first stint my son and I were always amazed at how they could pull a victory from the jaws of defeat and he dubbed it "Griz magic" When BH was hired I got a text from my son ( now 15 y/o ) that read Griz magic! We are ready for Griz football!

Totally agree about Griz magic....not just pulling victory from the jaws of defeat, but doing so with exciting plays and showmanship - the fun stuff - fake FGs, well-orchestrated onside kicks, 2 point conversions, defensive TDS...the stuff that makes you hug strangers in the stands and high-five a dozen people. ‘Member that? Yeah...Griz Magic.

GGNez said:
Mavman said:

Totally agree about Griz magic....not just pulling victory from the jaws of defeat, but doing so with exciting plays and showmanship - the fun stuff - fake FGs, well-orchestrated onside kicks, 2 point conversions, defensive TDS...the stuff that makes you hug strangers in the stands and high-five a dozen people. ‘Member that? Yeah...Griz Magic.

:thumb: :thumb:

I know this year even against Eastern in the first half, I could never really get excited, just had this feeling, we're going to loose this somehow.

1972 said:
I know this year even against Eastern in the first half, I could never really get excited, just had this feeling, we're going to loose this somehow.

Yup. Even the wins often left a feeling of relief... like we pulled it off by accident rather than by design.

daGrizJ said:
Good interview. I have to admit, I have been very impressed with Coach Hauck since his hire. Somehow this all just seems natural.

Say what you will about Bob Stitt, the man can recruit. This team is on the verge of breaking out. I feel Coach Hauck will find he has a strong nucleus of very talented young players to work with. 2018 could be challenging as the transition works itself through, but I am excited and optimistic for Griz football.
Agreed, Stitt for all his short comings did recruit some really great talent, strangely enough I think Bobby will get more out of them then Bob would. God I can't wait til this fall.

grizare#1 said:
daGrizJ said:

Agreed, Stitt for all his short comings did recruit some really great talent, strangely enough I think Bobby will get more out of them then Bob would. God I can't wait til this fall.

This...

Back