• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Winter Conditioning

HookedonGriz said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/montanagrizfb/status/958082783485747200[/tweet]

Later in the winter, this is where they teach them to run through brick (concrete) walls.

Since when do you do dead lifts without shoes on? Something slips...and OUCH! :lol:

AZDoc said:
Since when do you do dead lifts without shoes on? Something slips...and OUCH! :lol:
It’s kind of a goober site, but here’s what I found on the topic.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/tip-deadlift-barefoot-heres-why

uofmman1122 said:
AZDoc said:
It’s kind of a goober site, but here’s what I found on the topic.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/tip-deadlift-barefoot-heres-why

Huh...learned something today. Thank you

World record holder @ one point, Eddie Hall - a Brit, went over 1,100 lbs in socks, which is how he lifts. If your feet are anywhere near the plates when you’re deadlifting, you’re doing it wrong. :lol:

bgbigdog said:
World record holder @ one point, Eddie Hall - a Brit, went over 1,100 lbs in socks, which is how he lifts. If your feet are anywhere near the plates when you’re deadlifting, you’re doing it wrong. :lol:
Dead lifting 1100 could be tough on shoes.

What a game-changing workout room. My God, what a difference.

The former facilities were so inferior, not only looks-wise but more importantly functionality-wise. Seeing the players train at once in the same room, as a team with space, is something to behold. They are bonding and getting a lot done.

The graphics are sweet as well, and motivating.

The new facilities feel first class, so the players can't help but feel the same way. CHAMPIONS

Esai Longoria is throwing that medicine ball up the wall like it's golf ball.

Looking forward to seeing this kid getting on the field...

Champions Center is having dramatic effect on recruits: http://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/kalispell-glacier-s-cody-hartsoch-commits-to-montana-grizzlies/article_9286daad-6fe9-596f-b2e2-f9a45e48e855.html

...like many of his fellow future teammates, was blown away when he took a tour of the new Champions Center.

"It was crazy. There's no doubt in my mind they're the best facilities in the whole Big Sky Conference, even the FCS," Hartsoch said. "When I first walked in there and got to see it I was like holy cow. This is like I'm at Alabama. To have that in a school like Montana and have the support of all the Montana, it's pretty sick."

"Winter Condo" has always been a big deal to coach Hauck! This is where Bobby starts separating the Griz from the rest of the FCS. This where the players learn they are something special here at Montana. We work harder than anyone else and put it in the bank for when we need it....... Good luck to Griz, brother Timmy Hauck tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Eagles!
Go Eag's Get a win here then Timmy come home we miss you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Griz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i_the_sky said:
"Winter Condo" has always been a big deal to coach Hauck! This is where Bobby starts separating the Griz from the rest of the FCS. This where the players learn they are something special here at Montana. We work harder than anyone else and put it in the bank for when we need it....... Good luck to Griz, brother Timmy Hauck tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Eagles!
Go Eag's Get a win here then Timmy come home we miss you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Griz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes because no other teams do winter conditioning. At least not the Bobby way.

:roll:

VimSince03 said:
i_the_sky said:

Sorry Vim, please keep your comments dedicated to recruiting. Only Griz fans on here may discuss the making of champions. 😉

VimSince03 said:
i_the_sky said:

Haha it is a good point! Winter conditioning is hard everywhere. Actually coach Nicholson did an outstanding job last year just look at the gains the team made across the board. There is a way to workout smart that maximizes one’s strength and speed potential and luckily we have a guy that understands the science behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
VimSince03 said:
i_the_sky said:

Haha it is a good point! Winter conditioning is hard everywhere. Actually coach Nicholson did an outstanding job last year just look at the gains the team made across the board. There is a way to workout smart that maximizes one’s strength and speed potential and luckily we have a guy that understands the science behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey I'll say it...big fan of Coach Nicholson. Griz fans should be very happy he was retained.

go96griz said:
VimSince03 said:
i_the_sky said:

Sorry Vim, please keep your comments dedicated to recruiting. Only Griz fans on here may discuss the making of champions. 😉

Stay in your lane!

Back