• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

3 More Years for Choate

biga75

DONOR
http://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/montana-state-extends-jeff-choate-s-contract-years/article_ec80acc1-c1cc-563a-b4bf-cd6d1bf0c21c.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest

This past year has shown you why you don't underestimate the importance of griz-cat. 3 years. Winning record. Appears to be building in right direction. 1-2 against cats. Don't get renewed.

2 years, losing record. Appears to be building in right direction. 2-0 against the Griz. Get a renewal.

Gotta love college football.

Ursa Major said:
Is there a bonus attached if he can achieve a .500 season record?

I don't know, it seems like they cut loose Coach Ron Ash only after he finally got up to .500 after, what, 28 years at MSU? :?: :?: :?:

Ol’ Ronnie Ash suffered that fate, too. Compiles a 70-38 record. Garners several COY awards. But lost to the Griz one too many times.

AllWeatherFan said:
Ursa Major said:
Is there a bonus attached if he can achieve a .500 season record?

I don't know, it seems like they cut loose Coach Ron Ash only after he finally got up to .500 after, what, 28 years at MSU? :?: :?: :?:

If I’m not mistaken, Ron’s contract was heavily subsidized by Haggar and Revlon.

grizatwork said:
This past year has shown you why you don't underestimate the importance of griz-cat. 3 years. Winning record. Appears to be building in right direction. 1-2 against cats. Don't get renewed.

2 years, losing record. Appears to be building in right direction. 2-0 against the Griz. Get a renewal.

Gotta love college football.

The most important fact you left out is which one is the Griz and which one is the Scats. Totally different set of expectations.

Found this funny reading over on the cats message board.

Joe Bobcat
"From a totally different perspective: the classiness of these two classes coming in is also pretty close.
Fortunately for the young men who are coming to MSU if they will just follow the lead of coach Choate
they stand a great chance of remaining and increasing their classiness in the years to come.
Sad but true those headed to the other school if they hope to remain classy they will have to resist the lead of their coach."

EastCoastGriz said:

Joe Bobcat
"From a totally different perspective: the classiness of these two classes coming in is also pretty close.
Fortunately for the young men who are coming to MSU if they will just follow the lead of coach Choate
they stand a great chance of remaining and increasing their classiness in the years to come.
Sad but true those headed to the other school if they hope to remain classy they will have to resist the lead of their coach."

:shock: :lol:

EastCoastGriz said:

Joe Bobcat

Joe Bobcat = Idiot. The guy obviously knows nothing about Hauck.

I like the confidence they are showing in their coach. Next year is an awful big year for Choate. If he again has a losing season after all of the perceived momentum MSU is having (warranted or not) I think the Bobcat faithful will be less than enthused. Overall, I like their chances of improving upon last year's record. I like our chances too but am not ready to put us deep into the playoffs. I do think a playoff game is reasonable possibility.

Back