• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Now all that’s left is to part the clouds... Rebranding UM

bgbigdog

DONOR
[tweet]https://twitter.com/grizfannews/status/963771189314441219[/tweet]

Thought this was well done.

bgbigdog said:

Agreed. Kind of a lengthy article, but well written. I liked the part where they were discussing a STEM program. Quick question, did it say that Bodnar was trying to add a STEM program, or were just trying to do more then what we are now?

Griz til I die said:
bgbigdog said:

Agreed. Kind of a lengthy article, but well written. I liked the part where they were discussing a STEM program. Quick question, did it say that Bodnar was trying to add a STEM program, or were just trying to do more then what we are now?

I don’t think it really said, other than to say that the only three real notable science related folks in Montana, all three are employed @ UM. I would expect them to make changes - launching what is now really irrelevant to prospective students and looking to add back what makes a difference. They need to figure out how to pay for whatever they do, which is his biggest challenge go forward.
I’d hope the academics get that & get onboard quickly. Fighting with them is only going to slow things down. Because we’re fast approaching “too late” for the improvement of the health & relevance of the university.

This university has been rebranded so many times there's no space left on the cow.

And to what practical result :?:

Silvertip said:
This university has been rebranded so many times there's no space left on the cow.

But all of those were done by leadership who had no idea how to do it.....young dude from GE is gonna be light years ahead of the previous attempts.

Great article, very excited for the future under the new leadership.

Hope the rebranding includes creating a new university logo that does not look like a community college logo.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Silvertip said:

But all of those were done by leadership who had no idea how to do it.....young dude from GE is gonna be light years ahead of the previous attempts.

I know, right? I suppose they could have just waited until the “everything must go” sale to address the failures of the past.

Very good article. For the first time in MANY, MANY years, I am excited about the UM.

UM is still the last in state university to make contact with Montana high school students. It's not only behind MSU, It's behind out of state schools. MSU is getting to Montana students before junior year. If your kid is good at math or science, MSU is on it. If your kid is interested in a science major, MSU will give you a $500 tuition break day one.

UM might not get to that same student until sometime senior year. No tuition break.

No one is deciding which university to attend because of Bobby Hauck. That's stupid.

griz4life said:
UM is still the last in state university to make contact with Montana high school students. It's not only behind MSU, It's behind out of state schools. MSU is getting to Montana students before junior year. If your kid is good at math or science, MSU is on it. If your kid is interested in a science major, MSU will give you a $500 tuition break day one.

UM might not get to that same student until sometime senior year. No tuition break.

No one is deciding which university to attend because of Bobby Hauck. That's stupid.

Good athletic programs have a positive impact on school attendance. It would be because guys like Bobby & Travis put winnng teams on the field/court.

bgbigdog said:
griz4life said:

Good athletic programs have a positive impact on school attendance. It would be because guys like Bobby & Travis put winning teams on the field/court.
Absolutely. I know some people sneer, but Boise State is the "poster child" for the truth of this statement. As I said a-ways back (with numbers) on another thread, UI, UM and MSU better be watching their rear-view mirrors because BSU is making huge strides in roping in research dollars. That's mostly based on recruitment of powerhouse STEM faculty. And that has gone along with a major growth in graduate (mostly STEM) enrollment. If Bodner wants a blueprint, he might well look at MSU, but he should also look at how BSU charged ahead under a wide-awake president.

bgbigdog said:
griz4life said:

Good athletic programs have a positive impact on school attendance. It would be because guys like Bobby & Travis put winnng teams on the field/court.
True, in the Spokane area Gonzaga has seen the student population increase as a result of the successful hoops program and enrollment at eastern has increased since the 2010 football championship (being the lowest priced 4 year school in the state may help as well).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Silvertip said:

GE....light years.....lol

Nice!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back