• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Spring Football Game/ Schedule

Two months (almost) away. And practices don't start until March 5 (according to GoGriz.com). :cry:

Going to be tough sledding here on the football forum. :(

(But do remember there's good stuff being posted on the BBall forum.)

Yukon said:
Paytonlives said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShaunRainey/status/963938442508877824[/tweet]

really wish I could see this from Colorado.

Read the release - supposed to be broadcast on gogriz. & if I did read it correctly, the practices are open.

bgbigdog said:
Yukon said:
Paytonlives said:

Read the release - supposed to be broadcast on gogriz. & if I did read it correctly, the practices are open.
:oops: I guess I just assumed they would screw this up too. My bad. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Yukon said:
bgbigdog said:
Yukon said:
Paytonlives said:

:oops: I guess I just assumed they would screw this up too. My bad. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

I think it’s interesting that the athletic department has gone 360, from Bobby’s open door (early Bobby) to closed practices & limited video distribution to letting everyone watch practice and televising the spring game.
I’ve been a vocal critic of all the secrecy & controled narrative stuff. No point in beating the dead horse, but I’m hopeful they’re on a path to share things high & wide. I have to believe getting the word out - champions center, WaGriz, the important things the atheletes do in getting degrees & helping out in the community & oh yeah, what they’re doing in their sports are all keys to helping build programs we’re proud to support.

bgbigdog said:
Yukon said:
bgbigdog said:
Yukon said:

I think it’s interesting that the athletic department has gone 360, from Bobby’s open door (early Bobby) to closed practices & limited video distribution to letting everyone watch practice and televising the spring game.
I’ve been a vocal critic of all the secrecy & controled narrative stuff. No point in beating the dead horse, but I’m hopeful they’re on a path to share things high & wide. I have to believe getting the word out - champions center, WaGriz, the important things the atheletes do in getting degrees & helping out in the community & oh yeah, what they’re doing in their sports are all keys to helping build programs we’re proud to support.
I think it has more to do with the fact that the last two coaches (especially coach Stitt) wanted the secrecy and suppression of information getting out.

I think the AD just went along with the wishes of the coaching staffs.

bgbigdog said:
Yukon said:
bgbigdog said:
Yukon said:

Yeah I agree. It might tighten up a bit during the Fall but this is a good step in the right direction. Now if they can get that HR protocol straightened out better to finally announce Jace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
bgbigdog said:
Yukon said:
bgbigdog said:

Yeah I agree. It might tighten up a bit during the Fall but this is a good step in the right direction. Now if they can get that HR protocol straightened out better to finally announce Jace.

I would not put it past Bobby to this being the equivalent of the Philadelphia Eagles doing a "fake" walk through, just in case the Patriots were spying. :lol:

uofmman1122 said:
bgbigdog said:
Yukon said:
bgbigdog said:

I think it has more to do with the fact that the last two coaches (especially coach Stitt) wanted the secrecy and suppression of information getting out.

I think the AD just went along with the wishes of the coaching staffs.

They are putting in a new offense, and there should be a bit of secrecy to that. It's an advantage to not have so much information on board initially for the fall early schedule. Basics only during spring and fall camp...then POUNCE! hahaha. Wish I could watch.

With practice starting tomorrow here's an article that Go Griz put out previewing the spring:

http://gogriz.com/news/2018/3/4/football-griz-open-camp-monday.aspx

Some moves that have been discussed here are Nagler moving to linebacker, Hill moving to tight end, and Eaton moving to defensive back. One I hadn't heard is Dante Olson going to defensive end. Excited for football!

dirtysoup said:
With practice starting tomorrow here's an article that Go Griz put out previewing the spring:

http://gogriz.com/news/2018/3/4/football-griz-open-camp-monday.aspx

Some moves that have been discussed here are Nagler moving to linebacker, Hill moving to tight end, and Eaton moving to defensive back. One I hadn't heard is Dante Olson going to defensive end. Excited for football!

I think they just want to get a look at Olson there and if doesn’t work out he can go back to linebacker.

Back