• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Missoula Rises is giving Griz Nation a chance to submit some questions

BWahlberg

DONOR
Just got off the phone with one of the organizers for the event on the 26th which is now becoming a pretty large event. It's been moved to The Wilma, and I'm told that AD Kent Haslam and President Seth Bodnar will also be part of the panel.

Missoula Rises reached out to me today because they're building up questions for their forum and wanted to make sure that they pull in questions/discussion points from all aspects. I was asked to put this up and solicit some feedback from Griz Nation.

So here's your chance, post away. I'll forward the thread (or I assume some MR people are egrizzers and/or check the forum).

EDIT: Adding info here from Erin Erickson, the organizer:

On February 26th Missoula Rises is hosting a panel discussion with University of Montana to explore the topics of sexism, sexual assault, entitlement, cyber-bullying and perceptions surrounding those issues within UM Athletics. We will have the unique opportunity to listen, learn and hopefully work together to move our community forward in a positive and accountable way.

Among others, joining us in that discussion will be:

President Seth Bodnar,
UM Athletic Director Kent Haslam,
UM Griz Football Coach, Bobby Hauck
Drew Colling, UM SARC
Lisa Davey, creator of the petition to demand UM not re-hire Coach Hauck
Brint Wahlberg, member of E-Griz, online fan forum

Because Missoula Rises is here to represent YOUR VOICES in the community, we want to know what you would like ask of this panel? If you have a question for a specific panelist, make sure to note that. Please post your questions as a comment below. We are also doing the same in the E-Griz forum to ensure we get a good cross-section of ideas and questions. We will be formulating our questions based off your input.

We are very much looking forward to your ideas and inquiries.

February 26, 2018. Panel starts at 7:00 pm sharp, goes to 8:30pm.
The event will be held at the Wilma.

v5n0k.jpg

Can you give us some background first on Missoula Rises and what they are trying to accomplish. Will help steer my questions

HookedonGriz said:
Can you give us some background first on Missoula Rises and what they are trying to accomplish. Will help steer my questions

Here's the info the MR organizer shared earlier today

On February 26th Missoula Rises is hosting a panel discussion with University of Montana to explore the topics of sexism, sexual assault, entitlement, cyber-bullying and perceptions surrounding those issues within UM Athletics. We will have the unique opportunity to listen, learn and hopefully work together to move our community forward in a positive and accountable way.

Among others, joining us in that discussion will be:

President Seth Bodnar,
UM Athletic Director Kent Haslam,
UM Griz Football Coach, Bobby Hauck
Drew Colling, UM SARC
Lisa Davey, creator of the petition to demand UM not re-hire Coach Hauck
Brint Wahlberg, member of E-Griz, online fan forum

Because Missoula Rises is here to represent YOUR VOICES in the community, we want to know what you would like ask of this panel? If you have a question for a specific panelist, make sure to note that. Please post your questions as a comment below. We are also doing the same in the E-Griz forum to ensure we get a good cross-section of ideas and questions. We will be formulating our questions based off your input.

We are very much looking forward to your ideas and inquiries.

February 26, 2018. Panel starts at 7:00 pm sharp, goes to 8:30pm.
The event will be held at the Wilma.

Seems to be a pretty heavy panel of sports people. What about the general student body and faculty at UM. Although we all know it is just the athletes......

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Will anyone ask Davey's about the dishonesty of altering the book cover?

I'm intending to bring up the point that I disagreed with the use of the book cover for the petition. The book did not once mention Hauck (I checked) and that the use of that photo caused misconceptions and some real damage to the discussion as a whole. I also plan to point out that through twitter I civilly discussed with Lisa Davey my disagreement and we had a respectful conversation about it, each sharing our opinions on it.

Thanks for doing this BW, it may not sound like it but some of us around here appreciate you having the cajones to sit up front

Question from a female Grizzly Football fan and eGriz poster:
I had many issues in the past and present with the same man who bullied Ms. Davey for her anti-Hauck petition. Included were countless sexist comments, name-calling, personal attacks and extreme crudeness. I think he is cruel, manipulative and malicious. I spoke out in favor of hiring Bobby Hauck and believe that it is unfair to blame him for some of the specifics in Ms. Davey’s petition. I support Lisa’s right to her opinion, despite the fact that it is different than mine.
How do the anti-Hauck people feel about the fact that a man sent me Facebook messages after I voiced my support for Hauck, accusing me of victimizing Lisa? He accused me of being an ally of the man who bullied Lisa, of bullying her personally. He threatened to call my employer and jeopardize my job. He threatened to turn Missoula Rises against me. The only thing he knew about me at that point was that I volunteer as a victims’ advocate and that I support Bobby Hauck. What are your thoughts about that?

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Thanks for doing this BW, it may not sound like it but some of us around here appreciate you having the cajones to sit up front

:thumb:

I'm looking forward to being part of this conversation. I love this town and I love the UM and want the best for it and it's athletics. This is my community and I'd rather be a part of these talks than seeing it drive a bigger wedge between all of us.

BWahlberg said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

I'm looking forward to being part of this conversation. I love this town and I love the UM and want the best for it and it's athletics. This is my community and I'd rather be a part of these talks than seeing it drive a bigger wedge between all of us.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

For Coach Hauck:
Specifically in matters of sexism and women, how have your perspectives evolved in the past eight years? What has raising two daughters into young women done to shape your current views on this issue?
What have you taught Robby about relating to his female peers?

GGNez said:
BWahlberg said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I"M A MAN....IM 43!!!

I would like to know what national affiliations Missoula Rises has and what is the source of their funding? I see there is a link to a national site but no link identifying who or what? Are they a non-profit and if so do they accept donations? Not seeing anything on Secretary of State website.

Glendivegriz said:
I would like to know what national affiliations Missoula Rises has and what is the source of their funding? I see there is a link to a national site but no link identifying who or what? Are they a non-profit and if so do they accept donations? Not seeing anything on Secretary of State website.

You can find them on Facebook, Glendive.

Another question:
For the anti-Hauck folks: Dan Brooks of the Missoula Independent quoted a very crude remark from one man on a football forum; a man who has been banned from eGriz. Mr. Brooks used that remark to specifically represent the "community" of Grizzly Football fans.
Do you acknowledge that it is inaccurate and unfair to judge an entire fan base on the remarks of a handful of unstable individuals?
For the pro-Hauck folks: Historically and currently, preferential treatment and special social status of athletes has fed into the problem of sexual assault on college campuses. Do you agree with that statement, and, do you acknowledge personal responsibility to work toward changing that?

GGNez said:
Glendivegriz said:

Thanks but doesn't address the question. Closed group so doesn't say much. Obviously, a very political organization from their website. Just wondering about source funding.

Glendivegriz said:
GGNez said:
Glendivegriz said:

Thanks but doesn't address the question. Closed group so doesn't say much. Obviously, a very political organization from their website. Just wondering about source funding.

Oh, right...I'm not sure if they are officially incorporated or under what umbrella. They have a website as well, but still doesn't answer the question. Maybe Brint knows?

https://missoularises.com/

BWahlberg said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Will anyone ask Davey's about the dishonesty of altering the book cover?

I'm intending to bring up the point that I disagreed with the use of the book cover for the petition. The book did not once mention Hauck (I checked) and that the use of that photo caused misconceptions and some real damage to the discussion as a whole. I also plan to point out that through twitter I civilly discussed with Lisa Davey my disagreement and we had a respectful conversation about it, each sharing our opinions on it.

That doesn't answer his question. Specifically, IN PUBLIC, will someone question her on her inappropriate use of and altering of a book cover that had ZERO to do with Bobby Hauck? Will someone publically ask her if she will admit to fabrication of lies about Bobby Hauck and his responsibility for and tacit approval of sexual harassment by and preferential treatment for football team members? Specifically, has she changed her position regarding Bobby Hauck's level of responsibility for the current climate (in her mind, not backed up by actual facts) on campus...the supposed "rape culture" that exists?

Back