• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kroy's kids to have bulletproof backpacks

alabamagrizzly said:
Who would’a thought 10-20 years ago that our kids might need bulletproof backpacks to survive a day at school.

The conversation usually starts with guns but I believe it goes deep into other issues at the core. Yup, just very sorry that first thought of school kids is, How to survive a day in school?

first11 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Who would’a thought 10-20 years ago that our kids might need bulletproof backpacks to survive a day at school.

The conversation usually starts with guns but I believe it goes deep into other issues at the core. Yup, just very sorry that first thought of school kids is, How to survive a day in school?

Definitely not a gun issue. Canada has per capita as many guns as we do but not nearly the gun violence. We could start with bullying in school. Definitely a bigger part of the issue. These aren’t cheerleaders and starting QB’s shooting up the schools. It’s kids that are considered outcasts.

So if someone invokes a related name or hikacks an acronym, you can pretty much post anything you want in the football forum? That’s what it comes to. Really?

Wait. I keep forgetting. As Mike the Moron used to say, it’s just a f$&king free-for-all internet message board. #sad.

alabamagrizzly said:
first11 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Definitely not a gun issue. Canada has per capita as many guns as we do but not nearly the gun violence. We could start with bullying in school. Definitely a bigger part of the issue. These aren’t cheerleaders and starting QB’s shooting up the schools. It’s kids that are considered outcasts.

Hormone filled kids on Psychoactive Drugs

Paytonlives said:
alabamagrizzly said:
first11 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Hormone filled kids on Psychoactive Drugs
Don't forget children without both parents and a stable loving home. Especially fatherless boys.

Bulletproof anything isn't the answer to the gunmen in the schools. It is called, bringing back the mental hospitals. When mental health issues were diagnosed in a person years ago in Montana, they were sent to Warm Springs to get cured. They closed that place if I am not mistaken? I am sure this same situation has taken place all over the USA?

reinell30 said:
Bulletproof anything isn't the answer to the gunmen in the schools. It is called, bringing back the mental hospitals. When mental health issues were diagnosed in a person years ago in Montana, they were sent to Warm Springs to get cured. They closed that place if I am not mistaken? I am sure this same situation has taken place all over the USA?

Exactly. Outpatient treatment is the norm. Psychoactive meds and counseling. Of course, they don't have to take the meds if they don't want to. What is common is the meds work, then the person thinks he/she doesn't need it anymore, stops taking the med(s), and ends up crazier than shit, again.
This Florida thing was the end result of a system that failed. Police called to his house at least 20 times for violent domestic problems. Lock him up, require treatment, oh, no. Therefore, no criminal record, therefore, he can buy guns. Anyone notice he would wear a hat/cap about size 5? It was briefly mentioned he had "developmental delays," then not mentioned again. Microcephalus? Diagnosed with ADHD and Autism. Expelled from school for violence. The system failed.
GGNez, you have a psych background. Your take?

reinell30 said:
Warm Springs is still open and treating patients. The home for developmentally disabled in Boulder was supposed to be closed. Many of the patients have been moved out but there are still a few remaining last I was told.

alabamagrizzly said:
first11 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I thought the Canada argument was pretty interesting, never heard that before. I listen to a lot to JRE and the fact the US has more guns than people is constantly brought up. Turns out that is not true, Canada isn't in the top 10 anymore https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/americas/us-gun-statistics/index.html

There is an article from 2014 comparing Micheal Moore comments about Canadian gun ownership versus US gun ownership. He made the same comment as above.

The answer is never one thing though its part mental health, part some humans are pure evil, part indoctrination (red pill, jihaad, white nationalism), and part getting gun is pretty f-ing easy. The reason why nothing will ever change is because neither party will admit their particular fault in what they defend and come up with a a solution that addresses all 4.

millertime said:
alabamagrizzly said:
first11 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I thought the Canada argument was pretty interesting, never heard that before. I listen to a lot to JRE and the fact the US has more guns than people is constantly brought up. Turns out that is not true, Canada isn't in the top 10 anymore https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/americas/us-gun-statistics/index.html

There is an article from 2014 comparing Micheal Moore comments about Canadian gun ownership versus US gun ownership. He made the same comment as above.

The answer is never one thing though its part mental health, part some humans are pure evil, part indoctrination (red pill, jihaad, white nationalism), and part getting gun is pretty f-ing easy. The reason why nothing will ever change is because neither party will admit their particular fault in what they defend and come up with a a solution that addresses all 4.

Definitely some eye opening numbers. In fact, Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 911 is where I got that from. One interesting thing I noticed from the CNN article in its list of top 10 countries with gun availability, peace loving Switzerland was number 3. In fact besides the US and the Muslim countries on the list, Finland and Sweden were also up there. At first I thought, those are peaceful countries, but a quick google search proved me wrong. All three are beginning to be ranked higher and higher in gun related crime issues. Maybe gun accessibility is a bigger part of the problem then some want to admit.

Taking away guns will never stop anything! No gun ever killed anyone by itself! Bring back more mental hospitals and treat these people. Stop thinking that they are treating themselves, if they were they wouldn't be diagnosed as having mental condition in the 1st place. If mental health is getting blamed for all these killings, then fix it America. Stop spending money on illegals and use it to treat the Mental people.

I have several bullet proof vests and other items, I don't wear them all the time. No one does. They don't protect it not worn.

bgbigdog said:
So if someone invokes a related name or hikacks an acronym, you can pretty much post anything you want in the football forum? That’s what it comes to. Really?

Wait. I keep forgetting. As Mike the Moron used to say, it’s just a f$&king free-for-all internet message board. #sad.

True - I figured it wouldn't be long until this ended up in political BS forum, but since it was about a Griz player's family it was an interesting article for those that were interested in news about Kroy and his family.
Mods - probably time to move it to political BS

alabamagrizzly said:
Columbine was 19 years ago. It wasn't the first, just the biggest at the time.

griz4life said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Columbine was 19 years ago. It wasn't the first, just the biggest at the time.

Obviously, school shootings have been happening since there were schools and guns.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings_in_the_United_States Are you saying you knew 19 years ago that our kids needed bulletproof backpacks to survive school?

reinell30 said:
My impression is the effect of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," a novel (1962) by Ken Kesey and movie in 1972, starring Jack Nicholson. I'm sure they caused the emptying of asylums, resulting in homeless wandering the streets and untreated mental problems in the name of "freedom," a battle cry of the 60's and 70's hippie movements, largely spawned by Kesey, himself. What a phony! Students and professors fell for it.

alabamagrizzly said:
millertime said:
alabamagrizzly said:
first11 said:

Definitely some eye opening numbers. In fact, Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 911 is where I got that from. One interesting thing I noticed from the CNN article in its list of top 10 countries with gun availability, peace loving Switzerland was number 3. In fact besides the US and the Muslim countries on the list, Finland and Sweden were also up there. At first I thought, those are peaceful countries, but a quick google search proved me wrong. All three are beginning to be ranked higher and higher in gun related crime issues. Maybe gun accessibility is a bigger part of the problem then some want to admit.

Saw an interesting meme yesterday. I have no idea if it’s true or not, but it gets one thinking. Went something like this:

“The US has the highest rate of gun related deaths per capita in the world. But take away Chicago, Washington DC, New Orleans and Cleveland (I think those were the 4 cities...I’m certain about the first three) and we fall to 4th from the bottom on the list. Coincidentally, those four cities have some of the toughest local gun laws in the country.”

R30 - Warm Springs is very much still open and packed to the gills. I toured the place last year for a work training. I'm here to say I couldn't get out of there fast enuff! I'd rather crawl across broken glass than ever go back there!

Back