• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bodnar - refreshing

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Just saw a video of Pres Bodnar hugging and high fiving our basketball team as they get ready to head to Wichita. I must admit it's very refreshing to see such support from our Pres like that. I have seen more Bodnar presence at all things UM in the last few months than I ever saw RE in years.

HookedonGriz said:
Just saw a video of Pres Bodnar hugging and high fiving our basketball team as they get ready to head to Wichita. I must admit it's very refreshing to see such support from our Pres like that. I have seen more Bodnar presence at all things UM in the last few months than I ever saw RE in years.

then you didn't look. whenever possible, engstrom was present at such events.

how's the "finky beard" replica doing(bqm)

I remember seeing Royce at quite a few events.

giphy.gif

Royce may have attended sporting events in the past, mainly due to being required to as the president, but Bodnar is definitely making his present known. I was at a BB game a couple weeks ago & saw him sitting courtside. Once halftime it, Bodnar made his way to the student section & spent the entire halftime talking to the student. It was just a simple gesture of saying hi, he was actually stopping to have long conversations with the students.

Bodnar gets it and I am very happy to have him as the face of the program.

I'm not supposed to talk about Seth Bodnar anymore.

I just stopped in because I was told there'd be wine??

Argh! Are you not a fan of both Hauck and Bodner? They both have just jumped into a pressure cooker that they had nothing today with creating. Hauck has been gone for what 7 or 8 years?
What the hell is a finky beard. I googled it and it sent me to funky beards. Lol. What is bodner like 35, he is part of younger generation that has its own style and aesthetic that is different then my generation, but my generation was different then my parents and on and on as our culture progresses. I don’t get what is the relevance to whether he shaves every day or not. He was in the military where he was required to maintain military appearance and grooming. So he’s a civilian now and maybe doesn’t like to shave or maybe his wife likes it. Whatever, Lol. I don’t know how you can somehow minimize what he is trying to convey, so early in his tenure, to get behind the Griz publicly like he should be doing. I like it and hope he continues and is the Griz greatest cheerleader and advocate. He should be at every game and rally out front in promoting the Griz. Good on him and good for Hauck. I hope they are working together to right the Griz ship. Im pretty excited by what they are both doing. Go Griz go Hauck go bodner. Ktb (keep the beard).

I heard someone say in the past Engstrom liked sports of supported, attended, whatever but he sure the hell must have blended in as I didn't notice any of that.

Bodnar not only supports our athletic department and student athletes he is actually excited about our teams and from what I understand knows most sports pretty darn well.

When I did see Engstrom, he always looked bored. Maybe that's just the way he looks, or the way he is. Boring.

I think we really hit the jack pot with this guy he has shown nothing but class from the first second he was introduced as president! ! Our university and it's sports tradition will excel under him! Hiring Bobby was a great start now we must support all of our sports programs and make us strong again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God Bless!!!

GGNez said:
I'm not supposed to talk about Seth Bodnar anymore.

I just stopped in because I was told there'd be wine??

You were misinformed...this is an eGriz thread, so there will be whine!

argh! said:
HookedonGriz said:

Maybe social media and Bodnar's strong presence on it has changed perception as well. I see him on Facebook and Twitter at tons of university events. I'm guessing RE thinks Twitter has something to do with birdwatching so that may explain it

i_the_sky said:
I think we really hit the jack pot with this guy he has shown nothing but class from the first second he was introduced as president! ! Our university and it's sports tradition will excel under him! Hiring Bobby was a great start now we must support all of our sports programs and make us strong again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God Bless!!!

Seriously dude...did you eat paint chips as a kid?

AZDoc said:
i_the_sky said:
God Bless!!!

Actually compared to most of his posts, this was almost comprehensible. I'm convinced he is a troll, but I haven't picked up on what is funny yet.

HookedonGriz said:
argh! said:
HookedonGriz said:

Maybe social media and Bodnar's strong presence on it has changed perception as well. I see him on Facebook and Twitter at tons of university events. I'm guessing RE thinks Twitter has something to do with birdwatching so that may explain it

I twitter my wife every so often.

Raider said:
AZDoc said:
i_the_sky said:
God Bless!!!

Actually compared to most of his posts, this was almost comprehensible. I'm convinced he is a troll, but I haven't picked up on what is funny yet.

I agree...after I wrote it I thought it wasn't a great one to quote, but the point is still valid! I'm also convinced he's a troll. Never understood that philosophy!

Royce is a huge presence on social media. Just not his own. Big ups for sauntering over to support the troops though. Thanks Argh(QQM)

https://twitter.com/montanakaimin/status/806321870408654848?s=21

Back