• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Semore to Temple

I actually wouldn’t have minded him staying on here as a LB coach but I understand the need to clean the cupboards of Stitt guys and bring in people you know and trust. I think he does have a good mind for creating pressure on the QB but his gunslinger approach and lack of experience cost him some big plays and possibly his and Stitts job. Best of luck to him and hopefully he learns from his time here.

alabamagrizzly said:
I actually wouldn’t have minded him staying on here as a LB coach but I understand the need to clean the cupboards of Stitt guys and bring in people you know and trust. I think he does have a good mind for creating pressure on the QB but his gunslinger approach and lack of experience cost him some big plays and possibly his and Stitts job. Best of luck to him and hopefully he learns from his time here.

I agree. We will hear about him in the future...and it will be good things. Good luck coach!

I've talked to two different players that said Semore is the best coach they have ever had. These guys also played for Gregorak.

Players loved Semore and he had a great defensive mind for pressuring teams. Unfortunately, he wasn’t ready for prime time to be the man making defensive calls. I think this Temple role is a great opportunity for him. I wish him the best.

kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:
Defensive advisor.

http://owlsports.com/news/2018/3/14/football-adds-semore-as-senior-defensive-advisor.aspx

Is this how teams get around the coaching staff limits? Best of luck to him.
Says something when Stitt and Semore both wind up with non-coaching jobs.

I agree that he wasn't quite ready, butI think he would have grown on the job here. With Hauck wanting to come back, why take the chance? I agree with that. But the analyst position is not a fluff job https://collegefootball.ap.org/article/analysts-provide-manpower-and-brainpower-football-powers From the article: "Clemson co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott said the Tigers' analysts are as involved in the game plans as any staffer and their input during games can be vital." Sarkisian jumped directly from offensive analyst to offensive coordinator at 'Bama for the national championship game. And here's a quote from Mike Gundy about Stitt: “I plan on putting [Stitt] in there with Yurcich to look at what we’re doing and telling us what the hell we’re doing wrong and give us some good ideas,” Gundy said. I can hear the snide comments from a few already, but from all accounts, Holgorsen at West Virginia sees Stitt as a valuable source of ideas as well.

If this job goes well, we'll see Stitt as OC if not HC at an FCS school in the not-too-distant future. And it's not inconceivable that if Yurchich gets hired away Stitt could get a shot as OC at OSU. So in one of those strange life twists, this setback could be just what he needed to advance his career. Maybe he was in a small school bubble for too long at Mines - he was good, but not as good as he thought. It seems that most of the offensive players and coaches, including Mike Ferriter, consider him a good coach. Now that he will view offense through the eyes of Yurchich, you'd think he would almost HAVE to come away from this with some new ideas. Which could make him a pretty interesting prospect for Northern Colorado or another school (Cal Poly?) a couple years down the road...

Griz Man said:
kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:
Defensive advisor.

http://owlsports.com/news/2018/3/14/football-adds-semore-as-senior-defensive-advisor.aspx

Is this how teams get around the coaching staff limits? Best of luck to him.
Says something when Stitt and Semore both wind up with non-coaching jobs.

I agree that he wasn't quite ready, butI think he would have grown on the job here. With Hauck wanting to come back, why take the chance? I agree with that. But the analyst position is not a fluff job https://collegefootball.ap.org/article/analysts-provide-manpower-and-brainpower-football-powers From the article: "Clemson co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott said the Tigers' analysts are as involved in the game plans as any staffer and their input during games can be vital." Sarkisian jumped directly from offensive analyst to offensive coordinator at 'Bama for the national championship game. And here's a quote from Mike Gundy about Stitt: “I plan on putting [Stitt] in there with Yurcich to look at what we’re doing and telling us what the hell we’re doing wrong and give us some good ideas,” Gundy said. I can hear the snide comments from a few already, but from all accounts, Holgorsen at West Virginia sees Stitt as a valuable source of ideas as well.

If this job goes well, we'll see Stitt as OC if not HC at an FCS school in the not-too-distant future. And it's not inconceivable that if Yurchich gets hired away Stitt could get a shot as OC at OSU. So in one of those strange life twists, this setback could be just what he needed to advance his career. Maybe he was in a small school bubble for too long at Mines - he was good, but not as good as he thought. It seems that most of the offensive players and coaches, including Mike Ferriter, consider him a good coach. Now that he will view offense through the eyes of Yurchich, you'd think he would almost HAVE to come away from this with some new ideas. Which could make him a pretty interesting prospect for Northern Colorado or another school (Cal Poly?) a couple years down the road...

Always thought Stitt would be a great OC.....its the whole having to pay important detail to the entire team that he struggled at.

Back