• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

TE position GROWING

IntuitiveGriz

DONOR
I mentioned before that the TE position was growing, here's another:

http://gogriz.com/news/2018/3/21/football-quarterbacks-embracing-competition-during-spring-ball.aspx

I am so ready for some old-school line em up and knock em down football...going to be a long summer.

jodcon said:
I am so ready for some old-school line em up and knock em down football...going to be a long summer.

There are other activities that can be handled in a “line em up and knock em down” fashion before September. PM Ursa, Snap or CDA for suggestions if you run out of ideas before then. Me... I wouldn’t know where to start anymore. F$&k, I hate being old.

bgbigdog said:
jodcon said:

There are other activities that can be handled in a “line em up and knock em down” fashion before September. PM Ursa, Snap or CDA for suggestions if you run out of ideas before then. Me... I wouldn’t know where to start anymore. F$&k, I hate being old.

I've seen enough of snaps "activities" to last a lifetime. I'll wait.

In case you haven't noticed T E's and F B's are filling up with more and more stud's! I smell a Bobby Hauck ground game in the making!!! We will prevail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Griz!

jodcon said:

Funny thing is...Everyone is expecting a single back offense and ground pound. Yet from what I hear we are going to see a lot of 3 wide shotgun sets and some mix formation shotgun with a FB lead. I don’t think this is gonna be old school or line em up and knock em down.

mtgrizfankb said:
jodcon said:

Funny thing is...Everyone is expecting a single back offense and ground pound. Yet from what I hear we are going to see a lot of 3 wide shotgun sets and some mix formation shotgun with a FB lead. I don’t think this is gonna be old school or line em up and knock em down.

Concidering BH, it will be old school in that a physical football team is going to run on people. How they do it might be more new-agey.

mtgrizfankb said:
jodcon said:

This what I’ve been saying. We are running a spread a lot like last year but more multiple formations maybe. There will be more designed runs next year then just the RPO play but I don’t expect a drastic difference of two TE sets or I-Formation under center offense. Might see a little of that in goal line situations. Have to do what wins with this group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stitt’s offense wasn’t a “spread.” It was more West-coast than anything. The two years of Pflugrad & first year of Delaney we’re spread offenses. The spread is a run-first offense. Google the UNI playoff game highlights & you’ll see the difference.

I’m hoping Rosey goes to the same kind of offense.

I think Bobby will run a spread offense at times unless we are in the lead late in the 3rd and beyond. I do believe we will have a ground and pound, clock eating offense for those situations including two tight-end and I formations. Earlier in the game I think Bobby and Rosenbach may run all sorts of things at opposing teams depending on their D schemes. They will want to be able to do anything and I think they have the personnel to do so if our O-line is ready.

Regardless of the scheme Hauck will expect the team to "out tough" the other team and impose their will. That is where he expects to win. I think that is what Choate is trying to instill as well and the Cat game should be great unless we destroy them! ;)

What I want to see from this years team is that 3rd and 1 is a running down and we get the friggen first down 90% (or more) of the time.

dayday said:
mtgrizfankb said:
jodcon said:

This what I’ve been saying. We are running a spread a lot like last year but more multiple formations maybe. There will be more designed runs next year then just the RPO play but I don’t expect a drastic difference of two TE sets or I-Formation under center offense. Might see a little of that in goal line situations. Have to do what wins with this group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hauck would make Disney On Ice a physical affair. We'll see more punishment on special teams than we saw total last year.

Book it.

Bingham leading tight end reintroduction for Griz
https://skylinesportsmt.com/bingham-leading-tight-end-reintroduction-for-griz/

Back