• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

IF ANYONE WAS WONDERING

IntuitiveGriz

DONOR
GOOD READ:

"If anyone was wondering why Hauck brought in transfer quarterback Dalton Sneed to challenge incumbent starter Gresch Jensen, that question was addressed Saturday. Sneed was the star of the scrimmage with his accuracy, quick release, quick feet and general air of confidence."

http://missoulian.com/sports/bill-speltz-griz-fans-let-s-stay-grounded-and-give/article_c8968507-a85a-5c9e-949b-5a26763e6145.html

IntuitiveGriz said:
GOOD READ:

"If anyone was wondering why Hauck brought in transfer quarterback Dalton Sneed to challenge incumbent starter Gresch Jensen, that question was addressed Saturday. Sneed was the star of the scrimmage with his accuracy, quick release, quick feet and general air of confidence."

http://missoulian.com/sports/bill-speltz-griz-fans-let-s-stay-grounded-and-give/article_c8968507-a85a-5c9e-949b-5a26763e6145.html

i read a lot of excuses, i guess because he needs to make them so he has more time and more leeway than stitt to rebuild the program(bqm)

Fahque said:
My ass Sneed was the star of the scrimmage. The guy doesn't have a deep ball

He had better footwork, better follow through and better reads at the scrimmage...Jensen throws a GREAT deep ball but it’s obvious that after sprig evaluations Jensen was told he was going to be the 2 going into summer and fall.

Sneed outplayed Jensen in the Spring game and it wasn't even close. What the hell are they suppose to do? I'm not saying Sneed is better but he outplayed Jensen in the Spring game and I don't see how anyone could argue with that. The offense marched up and down the field and put the ball in the end zone every time but once (interception) when Sneed was behind center. I'm sorry but he looked very good. His pre-snap reads were spot on and the ball left his hand quickly because he knew where to put it. When Gresch was out there the offense sputtered and if you take away the one deep ball he threw for a TD the offense really did not move the ball when he was back there. I am as surprised as anyone that Gresch Jensen is moving on but I can see why Hauck brought the Sneed kid in he looks really good.

grizaremoregooder said:
Sneed outplayed Jensen in the Spring game and it wasn't even close. What the hell are they suppose to do? I'm not saying Sneed is better but he outplayed Jensen in the Spring game and I don't see how anyone could argue with that. The offense marched up and down the field and put the ball in the end zone every time but once (interception) when Sneed was behind center. I'm sorry but he looked very good. His pre-snap reads were spot on and the ball left his hand quickly because he knew where to put it. When Gresch was out there the offense sputtered and if you take away the one deep ball he threw for a TD the offense really did not move the ball when he was back there. I am as surprised as anyone that Gresch Jensen is moving on but I can see why Hauck brought the Sneed kid in he looks really good.

All fine points but what about the scrimmage before that where Sneed went 8 of 23 and Gresh move the offense at will, was on fire, and put up more TDs. I've seen what Gresch can do I'm not about to put all of my eggs in one basket with a quarterback who could move the ball around on our injury riddled defense with many second team players in a laid-back scrimmage.

If Sneed is so good why are his JUCO numbers so poor? Why did another quarterback play a number of games over him? was he hurt? I seriously don't know the answer. I'm rooting for him a ton now and will be his biggest fan but like I said I really liked what we had in Gresch... he was proven

Ditto on the fine points. I can tell it really sucks for a lot of you, but guys get benched all the time if a season sputters or injured and there is always a hungry younger guy waiting in the wings, football evolution. Lol. I’m kinda of disappointed in Jensen though, but at the same time he has his future to think about and he could be a legitimate nfl prospect with his size, arm, smarts he’s got the whole package which just doesn’t fit the new program as well.

Dutch Lane said:
Ditto on the fine points. I can tell it really sucks for a lot of you, but guys get benched all the time if a season sputters or injured and there is always a hungry younger guy waiting in the wings, football evolution. Lol. I’m kinda of disappointed in Jensen though, but at the same time he has his future to think about and he could be a legitimate nfl prospect with his size, arm, smarts he’s got the whole package which just doesn’t fit the new program as well.
The only thing that “doesn’t fit the new program as well” was Gresch thinking he didn’t have to earn his job. I like Gresch, I truly do. I think he’s a fine QB too, but if you’re going to cut and run at the first sign of trouble, maybe you don’t belong here. The job was job was his TO WIN, not to be given, as with all things in life.

RobGriz said:
Dutch Lane said:
The only thing that “doesn’t fit the new program as well” was Gresch thinking he didn’t have to earn his job. I like Gresch, I truly do. I think he’s a fine QB too, but if you’re going to cut and run at the first sign of trouble, maybe you don’t belong here. The job was job was his TO WIN, not to be given, as with all things in life.

I agree with this 100% and also wonder if his parents have the same attitude - GJ is THE QB and he will go where he is treated as such. My thoughts are based solely on speculation. I also like Gresch and think he's a good player but would respect him a lot more if he saw good competition as a personal challenge and a postive thing for the team.

HookedonGriz said:
grizaremoregooder said:

All fine points but what about the scrimmage before that where Sneed went 8 of 23 and Gresh move the offense at will, was on fire, and put up more TDs. I've seen what Gresch can do I'm not about to put all of my eggs in one basket with a quarterback who could move the ball around on our injury riddled defense with many second team players in a laid-back scrimmage.

If Sneed is so good why are his JUCO numbers so poor? Why did another quarterback play a number of games over him? was he hurt? I seriously don't know the answer. I'm rooting for him a ton now and will be his biggest fan but like I said I really liked what we had in Gresch... he was proven

I don't think Gresch should have tranfered. He IS a known quantity and at the very least would have split reps with Sneed when the season began. It is a damn shame for sure. I wouldn't call the scrimmage "laid back" because a lot of players there were competing for a job (including Gresch Jensen) and that was their interview. The receivers that I saw in the Spring game will make Sneed look very good they are a fine bunch, maybe the best in the conference. I feel the exact same way you do sick to my stomach trying to make sense of it.

There just has to be more to the story than any of us will ever know. Damn shame though! Good Luck Mr. Jensen!

How many times can Hauck state publicly, in print or otherwise, that this team isn't very good before the players start to believe him??

HookedonGriz said:
grizaremoregooder said:

If Sneed is so good why are his JUCO nu mbers so poor? Why did another quarterback play a number of games over him? was he hurt? I seriously don't know the answer. I'm rooting for him a ton now and will be his biggest fan but like I said I really liked what we had in Gresch... he was proven

You can certainly take-away GJ's lone touchdown in the Spring Game then as well ("...injury riddled defense with many second team players..."). On his TD pass the Safety (who was a young soph long snapper, Caleb Mitchell...who?...yeah, exactly) totally blew off his coverage and wasn't within a mile of the streaking towards the end zone wide-open receiver. That's not going to happen in the BSC. Jensen struggled mightily before that on his multiple possessions...as evidenced by the announcers "hoping" for something good to finally happen for him.

grizaremoregooder said:
...I can see why Hauck brought the Sneed kid in he looks really good.

I agree, and was the reason I posted his highlight videos from FBS UNLV and High School (where he was compared to Jake Plummer -- ASU and then 10 years in the NFL).

The videos showed why he was a Arizona two-time All State QB (Jensen was never), and threw for more yard in two years than Jensen threw in three years. And the rushing yards was clearly very much in Sneeds favor as well. Sneed was a three-star QB, Jensen was un-ranked.

Sad to see the depth Jensen would have provided, but I am excited to have the Dual Threat QB in Sneed.

Jensen's departure off the roster will appear really attractive to a highly recruited HS kid next signing day. Also Graves will be licking his chops, sky is the ceiling for that athlete.

Back