• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

If Sneed fails....

alabamagrizzly

Do you think Bobby Hauck will give a shit what the fans think? Regardless of who’s fault it was, Bobby being too hard on Gresch or Gresch not being able to handle the situation. If Sneed fails, the fans are gonna blame Bobby for chasing away, at the very least, a backup QB who was a Fr All American. Do you think he will care or should he even care what we think?

This outta be fun...

If Sneed fails it will be Stitts fault.

He is the one that left 25 wide receivers and a really bad OL. Neither QB is going to look good behind the worst OL in Griz history

alabamagrizzly said:
Do you think Bobby Hauck will give a shit what the fans think? Regardless of who’s fault it was, Bobby being too hard on Gresch or Gresch not being able to handle the situation. If Sneed fails, the fans are gonna blame Bobby for chasing away, at the very least, a backup QB who was a Fr All American. Do you think he will care or should he even care what we think?

This outta be fun...
IMHO, yes, I think he does and will care what any and all fans think. Do I think his caring will alter the course that he has chosen as a head football coach at The University of Montana, HELL NO !!!! Again, IMHO, he damn well should care, and does, but he also damn well should and will stay his chosen course for the overall good of the program.

IMeanGrizness said:

He is the one that left 25 wide receivers and a really bad OL. Neither QB is going to look good behind the worst OL in Griz history

:roll:

- Stitt and his staff recruited multiple O-linemen every year, I think he brought in 5 in each of his last two recruiting classes, including a few that were 3-star recruits.

- Stitt had to put together a patchwork OL and covert two TEs for it because when he took over there was a prior gap in any recruited OL players. It turned out Sprunk and Ralston worked well and both as seniors won jobs over RS frosh.

- Hauck retained Stitt's O-line coach and the S&T coach. I would think that if Bobby wasn't happy with Stitt's work regarding all things O-line he'd probably not have made that move (and yes I'm aware Germer and Hauck go way back).

- The talent this team has at WR will actually be incredibly beneficial to Sneed, is there really anyone who doesn't believe that?

stilwtrgrizz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

This outta be fun...
IMHO, yes, I think he does and will care what any and all fans think. Do I think his caring will alter the course that he has chosen as a head football coach at The University of Montana, HELL NO !!!! Again, IMHO, he damn well should care, and does, but he also damn well should and will stay his chosen course for the overall good of the program.

Pretty much my feelings exactly. Mostly just stirring the pot with the biggest stirring stick I got. I personally don’t think he’ll fail if he stays in the system and he doesn’t try to do to much. My only real concern is an injury. I think even then, it won’t be the end of the world if the kids stay in the system and trust in their coaches.

HelenaHandBasket said:
What if Gresch stayed and he failed? We can play this game a hundred ways.

So your saying if Gresch stayed and failed, Bobby wouldn’t care? I’m not sure how your linking it to my question. Oh, I see, your just being a dick like me. I get it now.

I don't think Sneed will "fail." I'm sure he will have his moments like all players do and we will be wishing Gresch was here to push him, or replace him but I don't think he will be a failure.

A much bigger concern and one that is just as likely as not is will Sneed stay healthy through the season?

BWahlberg said:
IMeanGrizness said:

- Stitt and his staff recruited multiple O-linemen every year, I think he brought in 5 in each of his last two recruiting classes, including a few that were 3-star recruits.

- Stitt had to put together a patchwork OL and covert two TEs for it because when he took over there was a prior gap in any recruited OL players. It turned out Sprunk and Ralston worked well and both as seniors won jobs over RS frosh.

- Hauck retained Stitt's O-line coach and the S&T coach. I would think that if Bobby wasn't happy with Stitt's work regarding all things O-line he'd probably not have made that move (and yes I'm aware Germer and Hauck go way back).

- The talent this team has at WR will actually be incredibly beneficial to Sneed, is there really anyone who doesn't believe that?
I don't believe we have the talent at WR that you obviously do, but none of that matters either way if the OL is bad. We have a very bad OL and that proves that Stitt was in over his head and shows you the so called talent he recruited is middle of the pack in the Frontier conference. I very much don't believe the WR talent will be beneficial to Sneed, he is going to be running for his life this season.

If Sneed gets hurt, or fails, do you think Jensen will wish he was still at UM? Instead of at a JC or some lessor school, or sitting out a year at a D-I school? Will Jensen get a guarantee that he will start at his next D-I school, or that they won't bring in any qb better than he is?

Deep down Jensen knows he is a very milquetoast QB, he never beat good teams just the bottom dwellers in conference. Losing no sleep over him quitting the team.

IMeanGrizness said:
BWahlberg said:
IMeanGrizness said:

I don't believe we have the talent at WR that you obviously do, but none of that matters either way if the OL is bad. We have a very bad OL and that proves that Stitt was in over his head and shows you the so called talent he recruited is middle of the pack in the Frontier conference. I very much don't believe the WR talent will be beneficial to Sneed, he is going to be running for his life this season.

There is a big difference between poor O lineman and inexperienced O lineman. But I don’t need to bother wasting more time telling you that.

BWahlberg said:
IMeanGrizness said:

Let me take that one Alex - the answer is “who is Argh?”

HelenaHandBasket said:
alabamagrizzly said:
There is a big difference between poor O lineman and inexperienced O lineman. But I don’t need to bother wasting more time telling you that.

They could be one in the same. Just sayin'

Definitely. But they could also be not even close. We’ll find out once they start seeing real playing time.

alabamagrizzly said:
griz5700 said:
What if the whole team quits? What if Bobby quits? What if?

Calm down buddy. There’s no way Bobby’s quitting on us again. He’s here to stay this time.

He gets three year to #RTD...that's the new standard. If he can't do it in three years he should be sent packing.

Back