• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

maybe transferring players thought...

argh!

DONOR
...twice about playing for a guy who used a back-door method (boosters) to get stitt fired and himself hired as coach(bqm) that they couldn't take bobby preaching 'do the right thing' after that happened(bqm) it sounds to me like bobby played the 'who you know' game to get hired, and didn't himself face any competition. and the players are supposed to listen to this guy about the value of competition(bqm)

dunno, man. dunno.

HelenaHandBasket said:

Ya, unless Bobby took Gresch in his office and told him he’ll never play for the Griz again, there’s no way you can pin this all on Bobby. Not even 50/50. The decision to leave ultimately is on Gresch. An older much more athletic QB was brought in to challenge for the starting job and one rose up to the challenge, and one didn’t. I rooted for Gresch as much as anybody because he was our guy but really, name one big moment where Gresch came through last year and showed that he definitely had what it takes to win big games. When you really boil it down, for the most part he just threw a bunch of beautiful deep balls to arguably the greatest receiver corps we’ve ever had.

argh! said:
...twice about playing for a guy who used a back-door method (boosters) to get stitt fired and himself hired as coach(bqm) that they couldn't take bobby preaching 'do the right thing' after that happened(bqm) it sounds to me like bobby played the 'who you know' game to get hired, and didn't himself face any competition. and the players are supposed to listen to this guy about the value of competition(bqm)

dunno, man. dunno.

Who’s this Stitt guy????

spsyk said:
argh! said:

dunno, man. dunno.

Who’s this Stitt guy????
I know, right? I did a little gooooogeling and found a guy with that name at Oklahoma State. He's not even a coach.

alabamagrizzly said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Ya, unless Bobby took Gresch in his office and told him he’ll never play for the Griz again, there’s no way you can pin this all on Bobby. Not even 50/50. The decision to leave ultimately is on Gresch. An older much more athletic QB was brought in to challenge for the starting job and one rose up to the challenge, and one didn’t. I rooted for Gresch as much as anybody because he was our guy but really, name one big moment where Gresch came through last year and showed that he definitely had what it takes to win big games. When you really boil it down, for the most part he just threw a bunch of beautiful deep balls to arguably the greatest receiver corps we’ve ever had.

You don't know that. Maybe Bobby really did have it out for GJ. Maybe he met with him after Spring ball and said, "You can stay here and be 2nd or 3rd string, but if you want to be a college QB you probably need to transfer." If Bobby didn't see GJ ever being his starter this is easily how it could have played out. Hell, Stitt did something similar when that text leaked out where he said "I need a QB".

argh! said:

dunno, man. dunno.

Bobby didn't "use" anything to get Stitt fired. Stitt did that on his own, by not beating the Cats (2 years in a row), not making the playoffs (2 years in row), not showing he had the program on an upward trajectory, not embracing Griz Nation enough, not courting big boosters enough, not embracing enough former players, allowing the slide of the program to cause attendance to go down almost 2,000 per game, etc. Many Griz fans and multiple big boosters weighed in with Haslam on their own.

As for using big boosters to get himself hired, much of that occurred naturally--as a number of them thought Hauck should have been hired when Stitt was and were good friends of Hauck. Also, asking big supporters to weigh in on a candidate's behalf is done all the time. That's part of the process. That's essentially how recommendations are done for hiring football coaches.

And, in my view, those things are elements of competition is in the hiring process for football coaches.

I have found it interesting over the years to see how jealous and intimidated you are by money, and people who have achieved financial and other types of success.

One other thing. Does Hauck preach about "doing the right thing"? He may. I don't recall.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

dunno, man. dunno.

I have found it interesting over the years to see how jealous and intimidated you are by money, and people who have achieved financial and other types of success.

One other thing. Does Hauck preach about "doing the right thing"? He may. I don't recall.

you are projecting your own insecurities onto others again, greenie.

as for hauck, the other part of your post pretty much summed up the cronyism that got him hired. thanks for the confirmation.

Wait, didn't Hauck play the role of Stitt in UNLV's production of this coach changing saga?
Boosters brought in their guy and Hauck got shit canned?

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

dunno, man. dunno.

as for hauck, the other part of your post pretty much summed up the cronyism that got him hired. thanks for the confirmation.

argh, you are the most insecure poster on egriz. The definition of it.

And you just confirmed that you don't understand what is important in big time athletics. Booster, fans and supporters are important constituencies, and they have a significant role in driving college athletics including who is hired for important coaching positions.

How do you think big time college football coaches should be hired, and who do you think should have influence and make the decision? Just the AD and the college president, with no input from anyone else? Not the people who finance the program and its new buildings? Not the people who attend the games? Should the AD not contact people for advice? Should the AD only talk to people he wants to contact, and not accept calls or input from anyone else? Let's see you views on the process. This should be fun.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

dunno, man. dunno.

And you just confirmed that you don't understand what is important in big time athletics. Booster, fans and supporters are important constituencies, and they have a significant role in driving college athletics including who is hired for important coaching positions.

How do you think big time college football coaches should be hired, and who do you think should have influence and make the decision? Just the AD and the college president, with no input from anyone else? Not the people who finance the program and its new buildings? Not the people who attend the games? Should the AD not contact people for advice? Should the AD only talk to people he wants to contact, and not accept calls or input from anyone else? Let's see you views on the process. This should be fun.

hayzeus kristos, greenie, what are you talking about(bqm) i was referring to montana football, which cannot be compared to big time athletics such as can be found at pac-12 schools and the like.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

dunno, man. dunno.

Completely agree that boosters have a lot of control. Bobby has been on Stitt's end of the same deal (which is what I was tyring to say above).

CDAGRIZ said:
Wait, didn't Hauck play the role of Stitt in UNLV's production of this coach changing saga?
Boosters brought in their guy and Hauck got shit canned?

hauck lost. a lot. stitt had a winning record and the team was improving.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

hayzeus kristos, greenie, what are you talking about(bqm) i was referring to montana football, which cannot be compared to big time athletics such as can be found at pac-12 schools and the like.

Montana is fairly big time football. It's not Pac-12, but it's in that general ballpark for how coaches are hired.

Back