• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jalen Hurts

CatGrad-UMGradStu

Did anyone watch the National Championship Game? Hurts got benched at halftime but he is still busting his hind end. Did okay in their spring scrimmage. Coach might bring in a couple dropdowns but Wilson is okay, especially with Rensvold and Roberts out there at the same time. Graves hasn't finished high school yet.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Did anyone watch the National Championship Game? Hurts got benched at halftime but he is still busting his hind end. Did okay in their spring scrimmage. Coach might bring in a couple dropdowns but Wilson is okay, especially with Rensvold and Roberts out there at the same time. Graves hasn't finished high school yet.

Apparently you haven’t talked to Hurts dad lately. Jalen will be the biggest FA in the history of college football.

alabamagrizzly said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Apparently you haven’t talked to Hurts dad lately. Jalen will be the biggest FA in the history of college football.

The point I'm making is a kid can get benched at any time. Most of my career was in Georgia so I really don't pay too much attention to what happens in L.A. given I finished a program at Jacksonville State on the piedmont. In fact, I'm getting to the point I think Satan is becoming Bobby Knight and should step away before he goes ballistic.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
alabamagrizzly said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

The point I'm making is a kid can get benched at any time. Most of my career was in Georgia so I really don't pay too much attention to what happens in L.A. given I finished a program at Jacksonville State on the piedmont. In fact, I'm getting to the point I think Satan is becoming Bobby Knight and should step away before he goes ballistic.
Edit* Good luck to Hurts if he leaves. He won't have the Alabama receivers to work with wherever he goes. Player Rep at his age and as a Hall of Fame defensive back could play qb there and complete 55 or 60 percent of his throws.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
alabamagrizzly said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Edit* Good luck to Hurts if he leaves. He won't have the Alabama receivers to work with wherever he goes. Player Rep at his age and as a Hall of Fame defensive back could play qb there and complete 55 or 60 percent of his throws.

Or an all pro O line blocking for him or NFL caliber RB’s for play action pass or arguably the greatest coach in the history of college football. But heh, atleast his dad thinks he’ll get paid.

alabamagrizzly said:
IMeanGrizness said:
Some players are quitters and some are winners.

Well if Jalen leaves, won’t he be both?

Not in my opinion, he has never won anything himself, he may have been on a winning team but he lost to Clemson and needed Tagoviola to dig out of a hole Hurts put Bama in this year. Hes would be a good QB for the Cats since they like running backs playing QB.

IMeanGrizness said:

Jensen was not a good fit in the the three phases of football Coach Hauck will stress: offense, defense and special teams. Look what happened to that coach that used to be the OC at MSU when he went to Texas. NDSU kicked the crap out of him.

Damn! Every kid who chooses a college to play for should know the coaches philosophical views to the game of football before going there. Aikman left Oklahoma and went to UCLA for a reason.

I'm surprised as to many of your attitudes on quitting. I thought the old "take this job and shove it - ain't working here no more" was a time honored American tradition. And that is what basically happened here so it seems you all should be lifting Gresch up for sticking it to the man. Didn't any of you quit a job before?

IMeanGrizness said:

Hi Steve!

You say this about a kid who refused the trainer after a severe ankle sprain in the the WA high school championship game because he " had to get back out there" and lead his team to a come from behind win.

You are still a dipshit.

sdk.catfish said:
I'm surprised as to many of your attitudes on quitting. I thought the old "take this job and shove it - ain't working here no more" was a time honored American tradition. And that is what basically happened here so it seems you all should be lifting Gresch up for sticking it to the man. Didn't any of you quit a job before?

Actually, the first time I quit a job I told the "boss" to "Go fuck yourself. Shove those fucking things up your ass." It served as a good reference for most of my career.

Kids today are too worried about their resume that they've become a bunch of brown nose pukes.

Jensen left. Wilson or Graves becomes the next great Montanan Montana qb.

daGrizJ said:
IMeanGrizness said:

Hi Steve!

You say this about a kid who refused the trainer after a severe ankle sprain in the the WA high school championship game because he " had to get back out there" and lead his team to a come from behind win.

You are still a dipshit.

Jensen quit.

You got nothing to pull out of your arse, if Jenson doesn't want to be known as a quitter he shouldn't quit.

I don't see Jensen as "quitting" at all. He made a decision, perhaps with his dad, to leave and look for a better fit for him, and more playing time. Wasn't willing to take the chance of beating out Sneed, or wait for Sneed to get an injury or falter. Perhaps didn't mix well with Rosie or Hauck. My only concern is with the comments (if true) that he and his dad thought he should have been starting over Phillips, and perhaps Sneed. Two sets of coaches have now thought, apparently, that he wasn't as good as the person they chose to start. That says something to me. Jensen has nice talent. He had a nice frosh year. I thought he would develop into a very good qb. He may. Maybe he already is. Best of luck to him.

IMeanGrizness said:
daGrizJ said:
IMeanGrizness said:

Hi Steve!

You are still a dipshit.

Jensen quit.

You got nothing to pull out of your arse, if Jenson doesn't want to be known as a quitter he shouldn't quit.

Taking a new job is not quitting.

Any one who worked heavy construction knows the term drag-up means - https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=drag%20up

I prefer to think of this situation in these terms. Did it myself more than once. Always found another better job to go to as will Gresch.

IMeanGrizness said:
daGrizJ said:
IMeanGrizness said:

Hi Steve!

You are still a dipshit.

Jensen quit.

Depends on your definition of quit. Is he done with football? I believe he’s probably going somewhere where he can play right away instead of possibly sitting until his Sr year. Did you never find a higher paying job or transfer to a different position for higher pay? If so, your a quitter.

IMeanGrizness said:
No, a quitter is a quitter. You can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig.

undercover_butt_picker_bbq_apron.jpg

Back