• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sneed/Murray.

braves84

Who puts up better numbers. completion percantage, TD's to int's, passing and running yards , and most importantly wins and losses of course it depends on staying healthy through out the year. To me they both play a similar style so should be a good comparison. Go.

I don't think the Griz will use Sneed as a running back like the Cats do Murray. Murray got like 18 carries per game and averaged 100 yards rushing.

If Sneed'S passing numbers are comparable to Murray's, we are in trouble. They need to be much better and with our receiving core (one of the biggest strengths on team) they should be.

Yep, agreeing with Hooked. And I say it’ll be Sneed except the running yards. Murray has shown flashes with his arm, but nothing consistent.

HookedonGriz said:
I don't think the Griz will use Sneed as a running back like the Cats do Murray. Murray got like 18 carries per game and averaged 100 yards rushing.

If Sneed'S passing numbers are comparable to Murray's, we are in trouble. They need to be much better and with our receiving core (one of the biggest strengths on team) they should be.

Scats use Murray as a running back because they have to. Sneed is truly dual.

Some of this will depend on the offensive lines. msu’s Seems tried and tested so Murray will be what Murray is...fast. If Montana’s offensive line is “serviceable” and Sneed is as good as people think than Sneed will be the better overall QB. He’s pretty damn fast too... not to mention Montana has some very good receivers to throw to.

Theyre not the same player at all, theyre both athletic yes, but for Murray pull the ball down and run is option #1...they would rather have Murray rush for 200 yards than pass for it.

Sneed is a pass first, but has great escape ability to get out of the pocket and once he does leave the pocket he is very dynamic.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Theyre not the same player at all, theyre both athletic yes, but for Murray pull the ball down and run is option #1...they would rather have Murray rush for 200 yards than pass for it.

Sneed is a pass first, but has great escape ability to get out of the pocket and once he does leave the pocket he is very dynamic.

Small disagreement with you here. I think that the coaches would much rather have Murray pass for 200 yards...Problem is, he can't, so he runs. Sneed hasn't played much since High School, so it is unknown how well he will do...He looks good, but we will all have to see.

signedbewildered said:
HookedonGriz said:

Scats use Murray as a running back because they have to. Sneed is truly dual.

Wait a sec. Murray’s not a RB!? :shock:

SACCAT66 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Small disagreement with you here. I think that the coaches would much rather have Murray pass for 200 yards...Problem is, he can't, so he runs. Sneed hasn't played much since High School, so it is unknown how well he will do...He looks good, but we will all have to see.

Huh? Sneed hasn't played much since high school. He just went through spring ball and looked very good. He was 136-231 last year at his JC. He started 6 games at UNLV the year before, was second on the team in total offense. He redshirted at UNLV the prior year. That's your idea of not playing much since high school. Murray was 120-233 last season. Started 5 games the year before. Guess he hasn't played much since high school either.

"2018: Sneed will join the team for spring drills and will be a junior in the 2018 season.

2017 - Fort Scott CC: Transferred to Fort Scott Community College in Kansas… Played in eight games for the Greyhounds… Threw for 1,257 yards and seven touchdowns, completing 136 passes in 231 attempts, over a 63 percent average… Rushed for 295 yards on 79 attempts with a long of 42 yards... All-KJCCC honorable mention.

2016 - UNLV: Started six games for the Rebels as a redshirt freshman… Broke a UNLV school and Sam Boyd Stadium record with a 91-yard touchdown run – the longest offensive play in Rebel history – narrowly avoiding being sacked in the end zone for a safety… Posted the second-most total offensive yards on the team that season, passing for 632 yards and rushing for 348 more for a total of 980 total yards in nine games, an average of 108.9 per game… Completed 39 passes on 88 attempts with two interceptions… Passed for five touchdowns with QB efficiency of 118.85… Posted a career high day against Hawai’i, going 19-27-0 passing for 279 yards with two scores.

2015 - UNLV: Redshirt season

High School: A three-year letterwinner at Horizon HS under coach Kris Heavner ... Ranked as a three-star recruit by both 247Sports and ESPN ... Listed as the No. 79 pro-style QB and No. 28 overall recruit from his state in the 247Sports composite rankings... Earned All-State Division I honorable mention as a senior and an All-State Division I first team selection as a junior ... Passed for 3,565 yards and 28 touchdowns and rushed for 984 yards and 14 touchdowns as a senior ... Threw for 3,740 yards and 44 touchdowns as a junior ... Also a two-year letterwinner on the baseball team.

Personal: Parents are Mike and Tracey Sneed of Scottsdale, Ariz. ... Has two sisters, Tori and Riley ... Uncle Taber LeMarr played football at Wyoming and the University of San Diego ... Will major in journalism."

giphy.gif

PlayerRep said:
SACCAT66 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Huh? Sneed hasn't played much since high school. He just went through spring ball and looked very good. He was 136-231 last year at his JC. He started 6 games at UNLV the year before, was second on the team in total offense. He redshirted at UNLV the prior year. That's your idea of not playing much since high school. Murray was 120-233 last season. Started 5 games the year before. Guess he hasn't played much since high school either.

"2018: Sneed will join the team for spring drills and will be a junior in the 2018 season.

2017 - Fort Scott CC: Transferred to Fort Scott Community College in Kansas… Played in eight games for the Greyhounds… Threw for 1,257 yards and seven touchdowns, completing 136 passes in 231 attempts, over a 63 percent average… Rushed for 295 yards on 79 attempts with a long of 42 yards... All-KJCCC honorable mention.

2016 - UNLV: Started six games for the Rebels as a redshirt freshman… Broke a UNLV school and Sam Boyd Stadium record with a 91-yard touchdown run – the longest offensive play in Rebel history – narrowly avoiding being sacked in the end zone for a safety… Posted the second-most total offensive yards on the team that season, passing for 632 yards and rushing for 348 more for a total of 980 total yards in nine games, an average of 108.9 per game… Completed 39 passes on 88 attempts with two interceptions… Passed for five touchdowns with QB efficiency of 118.85… Posted a career high day against Hawai’i, going 19-27-0 passing for 279 yards with two scores.

High School: A three-year letterwinner at Horizon HS under coach Kris Heavner ... Ranked as a three-star recruit by both 247Sports and ESPN ... Listed as the No. 79 pro-style QB and No. 28 overall recruit from his state in the 247Sports composite rankings... Earned All-State Division I honorable mention as a senior and an All-State Division I first team selection as a junior ... Passed for 3,565 yards and 28 touchdowns and rushed for 984 yards and 14 touchdowns as a senior ... Threw for 3,740 yards and 44 touchdowns as a junior ... Also a two-year letterwinner on the baseball team.

Personal: Parents are Mike and Tracey Sneed of Scottsdale, Ariz. ... Has two sisters, Tori and Riley ... Uncle Taber LeMarr played football at Wyoming and the University of San Diego ... Will major in journalism."

Didn't realize he played that much at UNLV before he quit. Guess we will see what happens

SACCAT66 said:
PlayerRep said:
SACCAT66 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Didn't realize he played that much at UNLV before he quit. Guess we will see what happens

I assume you noticed that Sneed completed more passes than Murray did last year, and threw almost exactly the same amount?

He didn't quit. He transferred. Just like thousands of college athletes do every year.

PlayerRep said:
SACCAT66 said:
PlayerRep said:
SACCAT66 said:

I assume you noticed that Sneed completed more passes than Murray did last year, and threw almost exactly the same amount?

He didn't quit. He transferred. Just like thousands of college athletes do every year.

Nope, I stopped reading. Guess we will see what happens

SACCAT66 said:
PlayerRep said:
SACCAT66 said:
PlayerRep said:

Perhaps you should stop posting and stop wasting our time too.

PlayerRep said:
SACCAT66 said:
PlayerRep said:
SACCAT66 said:

OK, guess we will see what happens.

PlayerRep said:
SACCAT66 said:
PlayerRep said:
SACCAT66 said:

PR, you’re a smart guy, I know that. And you brin some very good knowledge to the table with some of these posts.
But why are you so angry?

Every other post is filled with calling someone an idiot or with condescending language in general.
I mean you just included Sneed’s sisters name in your post, who wouldn’t get bored with a post that long and just stop reading?

Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
SACCAT66 said:
PlayerRep said:

PR, you’re a smart guy, I know that. And you brin some very good knowledge to the table with some of these posts.

Every other post is filled with calling someone an idiot or with condescending language in general.
I mean you just included Sneed’s sisters name in your post, who wouldn’t get bored with a post that long and just stop reading?

Not angry and never am. Think I've only called one poster an idiot in recent times. That was BigSky33, and he is one and has posted idiotic posts for a long time. Think Vernon Adams.

Are you going to support SacCat on this? Jeez, he said that Sneed hadn't played much since high school, but turns out he's played more than Murray. Then, says he stopped reading, when what I asked him about was in the first part of the second line of my post (see where the number of passes is, below). Are some of you Cat posters unable not able to read 2 lines? Are you not able to remember or research anything? You are as bad as SacCat. Sorry, I don't suffer fools much. I point out their mistakes. If you want to say that is condescending, go for it. Doesn't bother me. And, one more dumb comment from you on this, and you may go into the idiot category.

"Huh? Sneed hasn't played much since high school. He just went through spring ball and looked very good. He was 136-231 last year at his JC."

PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
SACCAT66 said:

Not angry and never am. Think I've only called one poster an idiot in recent times. That was BigSky33, and he is one and has posted idiotic posts for a long time. Think Vernon Adams.

Are you going to support SacCat on this? Jeez, he said that Sneed hadn't played much since high school, but turns out he's played more than Murray. Then, says he stopped reading, when what I asked him about was in the first part of the second line of my post (see where the number of passes is, below). Are some of you Cat posters unable not able to read 2 lines? Are you not able to remember or research anything? You are as bad as SacCat. Sorry, I don't suffer fools much. I point out their mistakes. If you want to say that is condescending, go for it. Doesn't bother me. And, one more dumb comment from you on this, and you may go into the idiot category.

"Huh? Sneed hasn't played much since high school. He just went through spring ball and looked very good. He was 136-231 last year at his JC."

Guess we will see what happens

SACCAT66 said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:

Guess we will see what happens

What happens on what? Whether your reading, memory and researching ability improves? Can you even admit that you claimed you quit reading before the first part of line 2 of my post?

Back