• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

“Montana is not a rival”

get'em_griz

DONOR
This is a great read from the spud board. :lol:

https://247sports.com/college/idaho/Board/103901/Contents/Montana-is-not-a-rival-119088198/

get'em_griz said:
This is a great read from the spud board. :lol:

https://247sports.com/college/idaho/Board/103901/Contents/Montana-is-not-a-rival-119088198/

A couple of thoughts come to mind.

1. At least they have a board and they have a few posters. More than I expected actually.

2. Many of their posters are equivalent to a 50 year old former prom queen. Time moves on folks and your program looks like it was rode hard and put away wet. You should be happy to be back in the BSC. Time was not very friendly to your program.

3. Would BSU consider the spuds a rival?

4. What the hell will they do if they don’t win the BSC. Major let down since they are so high on themselves

Interesting the attendance some over there are predicting for games I think is pretty much what their average has been the last few years as FBS? I remember when the news first broke I snooped around on that forum for a while and you would have thought it was the end of the world.

I remember many predicting attendance would drop over 50%. Countless swore they would never again cheer on their team at this level after being lifelong fans.

If anything will get those arrogant effing pricks fired up it's us going over there and shoving it down there throat.

For them to admit this may still be a rivalry is them admitting the actually are once again, part of the BSC and that, is a bitter pill to swallow.

#denial

SoldierGriz said:
FTV.

Maroon out in moscow. Awesome.
The only way to deal with the dilusional atmosphere, is to start hammering down Rainer stubbies in the Corner Club 5 or 6 hours before game time. I remember the time when my buddy rode his horse into the old part of the C C and Hermie ask him what he's going to do about his horse shitting on the floor.
Hermie through him a towel, so Kenny got off his horse , lifted up the horses tail and wiped it's ass, then through the towel back to Hermie. He got back on his horse and rode into the sunset? True story!!! I remember that as if was yesterday. I also bet even odds against Montana vs. Idaho that week 40 years ago, and lost . That was the last time I ever Bet against Montana!!! Go Eagles Protect the Red!!!!

:?: The only reason it might not be a rivalry is cus their fans don’t care about their team anymore. They’re a defeated nation fresh off a treaty of surrender. Eventually their pride will return though and they will wish for the Stein to return. We ain’t letting it go though.

signedbewildered said:
Interesting the attendance some over there are predicting for games I think is pretty much what their average has been the last few years as FBS? I remember when the news first broke I snooped around on that forum for a while and you would have thought it was the end of the world.

I remember many predicting attendance would drop over 50%. Countless swore they would never again cheer on their team at this level after being lifelong fans.

If anything will get those arrogant effing pricks fired up it's us going over there and shoving it down there throat.

For them to admit this may still be a rivalry is them admitting the actually are once again, part of the BSC and that, is a bitter pill to swallow.

#denial

Lots of U of I swallowing in that post. Keep up the good work bewildered! :clap:

Give then credit, the UI fans, 20+ years of delusional irrelevance', home attendance claimed at 14,000 when pictures actually show no more than 5,000, their A.D. on an extended 'Administrative Leave' and a non-renewed President who actually lives in BOISE. Reality is not an issue.

Petrino is a Montana guy so is AD Spear if he gets reinstated, title 9 investigation going on over there re:: how ath dept. handled a sexual assault allegation, :thumb: played hoops for the bc maroons back in the day one of their greats then starred for GCF. They have a Montana pwo and kem said the stein is gathering dust in Mlsa so we got that going’s for us....which is nice.

statler & waldorf said:
Give then credit, the UI fans, 20+ years of delusional irrelevance', home attendance claimed at 14,000 when pictures actually show no more than 5,000, their A.D. on an extended 'Administrative Leave' and a non-renewed President who actually lives in BOISE. Reality is not an issue.

Could you put this into English, and make it underandable?

Ive never seen a group of fans from such a dog shit program think so highly of themselves.....

Theyre over there talking like theyre used to whooping up on USC Texas and Michigan....while the rest of the country has viewed Idaho as the literal laughing stock of the country....so much so that they actually had to move DOWN!!!!

That fanbase should be giving blowies any chance they get at even the sound of a rival to their football program

PlayerRep said:
statler & waldorf said:

I could underand it just fine.

These are the same clowns that have stated that the puds will won the FCS title this year easily. My guess is they don’t make the playoffs and Moscow will be on suicide watch by November 1

signedbewildered said:
PlayerRep said:
statler & waldorf said:

I could underand it just fine.

Likewise. I'm hardly a s&w apologist, but...

Lots of small man's syndrome. Guess they forgot what happened the last time they played the Griz when they were FBS. Their ex- now NFL coach got their butts handed to them by Bobby

putter said:
Lots of small man's syndrome. Guess they forgot what happened the last time they played the Griz when they were FBS. Their ex- now NFL coach got their butts handed to them by Bobby
Well, they have won two of the last ten games with Montana; they have that.

Idaho fans are a good group of people. I for one am excited for them to be back in the big sky.

Most of the boosters that I got to know over the years, all seemed to recognize their lot in life. There was going to be no miracle, no act to save them from their fate. When they announced their move back to the BSC, there was a 'finally' type of attitude from the guys I knew. Most hated the "Troy State" or directional Louisiana life. Why show up to a game that had no regional or national prominence.

I think it is going to be a good thing for Idaho, Montana and the Big Sky. The Vandals will more than likely be better sooner than later, and it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't one of the two or three better teams in the conference almost immediately. You don't have FBS quality kids, kids that EWU, UM, MSU and others would like to have and be a bottom feeder in the conference.

That is going to be a tough game in Moscow this year. Good to have them back.

Back