• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Buss tabbed as Big Sky Defensive POY

Pre-season awards are completely ridiculous. Still, congrats to Buss on being recognized.

AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:
too bad he won't win it! but glad he got recognized!

What does this post even mean? :roll: :roll:

I’m assuming he’s referring to the fact that Buss is still recovering from an injury ( and he figures he won’t play as much or as well).... or he’s just being a dick

AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:

It means exactly like it says. It is too bad that he won't win the award at the end of the year but I am glad he got recognized at the preseason POY.

mtgrizfankb said:
AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:

It means exactly like it says. It is too bad that he won't win the award at the end of the year but I am glad he got recognized at the preseason POY.

Can you tell me what the stock market is going to be in November too? I'd love to make some quick money with the crystal ball of yours.

AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:
AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:

Can you tell me what the stock market is going to be in November too? I'd love to make some quick money with the crystal ball of yours.

Listen, the guy works harder or just as hard as any other player. I'm not knocking the kid at all. He is a stud. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers so I am sorry.

I think he’s referring to buss and his injury battle. Just listened to Hauck interview and Buss and his preseason POY came up. Hauck said their biggest worry is how available Buss will be in the season and even deep into the season. I think Buss is working hard to get back but there is no guarantee.

mtgrizfankb said:
AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:
AZGrizFan said:

Listen, the guy works harder or just as hard as any other player. I'm not knocking the kid at all. He is a stud. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers so I am sorry.

you haven't ruffled any feathers. I just don't understand making such a confident statement, as if it's already a given fact, that he WON'T win it. I'd love to understand your logic, that's all.

HookedonGriz said:
I think he’s referring to buss and his injury battle. Just listened to Hauck interview and Buss and his preseason POY came up. Hauck said their biggest worry is how available Buss will be in the season and even deep into the season. I think Buss is working hard to get back but there is no guarantee.

Is the injury that serious!? If it’s that serious, should he consider sitting the year and putting a med hardship in the hands of the NCAA to comeback fully healthy for a 6th year? I know it’s a big risk putting anything in the hands of the NCAA but if hauck is truly worried he won’t play much this year, I’d consider it.

alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

Is the injury that serious!? If it’s that serious, should he consider sitting the year and putting a med hardship in the hands of the NCAA to comeback fully healthy for a 6th year? I know it’s a big risk putting anything in the hands of the NCAA but if hauck is truly worried he won’t play much this year, I’d consider it.

Sounds surprisingly serious :(

AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:
AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:

you haven't ruffled any feathers. I just don't understand making such a confident statement, as if it's already a given fact, that he WON'T win it. I'd love to understand your logic, that's all.

I’m guessing there’s no logic. Some people just like to be the guy that says “I told you so”.

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:
AZGrizFan said:

I’m guessing there’s no logic. Some people just like to be the guy that says “I told you so”.

That's me :roll:

Big Sky Kickoff

UC Davis’ Doss, Montana’s Buss earn preseason Big Sky MVP honors
https://skylinesportsmt.com/uc-davis-doss-montanas-buss-earn-preseason-big-sky-mvp-honors/

alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

He already used his redshirt. Being injured doesn't automatically give you a 6th year. He would have to miss the majority of 2 years in order to be eligible to even apply. It is a 6th year waiver and he would not qualify. 5 years to play 4 unless you lose 2 year to the injury.

https://www.athleticscholarships.net/2012/07/17/how-get-medical-redshirt.htm

grizatwork said:
alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

He already used his redshirt. Being injured doesn't automatically give you a 6th year. He would have to miss the majority of 2 years in order to be eligible to even apply. It is a 6th year waiver and he would not qualify. 5 years to play 4 unless you lose 2 year to the injury.

https://www.athleticscholarships.net/2012/07/17/how-get-medical-redshirt.htm

Your right, I always forget that if you redshirt just to sit a year, it doesn’t count. Hopefully he can get on the field and stay healthy.

AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:

Huack said he most likely will not play most of the season as he is coming off of some severe injuries and it is questionable if he will get to play much

RayWill said:
AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:

Huack said he most likely will not play most of the season as he is coming off of some severe injuries and it is questionable if he will get to play much

Well that sucks.

Back