• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fall Camp starts

Paytonlives

Staff member
August 7th

What improvements are you looking for?
(There has already been enough Stitt vs Hauck crap... let’s look forward)

I will be watching the young and very talented O-line, if they have a great season so will the Griz

Looking forward to actually having a running game. Less 3 and 4 n outs. Looking forward to actually tiring out opposing teams defenses. Looking forward to less blitzes on 3rd and forever. Looking forward for actual game management and preparing properly for opposing teams. List goes on.

Payton in general I am just excited fall camp is starting! I am hoping to hear positive things on the O line and very curious to see how all the new QB’s shake out. My guess is Dalton will be the starter but with new additions?

I hope like hell that Bobby can get this team clicking to have a winning season, beat MSU and maybe first round playoffs at least!

Grizzly96 said:
I’m looking forward to Huack coaching vs Stitt. Sorry couldn’t resist.....last one.

Who’s Huack? Even my phone knows how to spell it, c’mon man.

1) Sneed/Humphrey battle...and I DO think it’s still going to be a battle...
2) CB play...still hoping/praying for a drop down or two for depth/PT
3) O-line growth & development...I’ve been very high on this group. Time for them to step up
4) D-Scheme...especially if Buss is unable to go

AZGrizFan said:
3) O-line growth & development...I’ve been very high on this group. Time for them to step up

I hear the best hope is that Buss is ready for BSC play.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

I hear the best hope is that Buss is ready for BSC play.

That really sucks. For him, and for the team.

I am looking forward to whether the concession stands will have new offerings, whether the game day atmosphere will be freshened up (come on mega-Monte), and most importantly, whether the jersey's have names on them.

Running game with less RPO blocking schemes and more true run blocking line play.

A defense that doesn't give up 3rd and forevers.

Better tackling

Better kickoff coverage and returns.

High percentage of converting 3rd and shorts.

Swagger....earned, not faked

It will be nice to see an o-line playing physical again, instead of how they were taught to play the past few years, which was more with precision and coordination.

More physical play (BIG HITS), Halftime adjustments, Special teams, And game attendance feel like the stadium has gotten a lot less noisy and rambunctious

PlayerRep said:
It will be nice to see an o-line playing physical again, instead of how they were taught to play the past few years, which was more with precision and coordination.

greenie for the skr!

A return to hard nosed make-em feel it football!

Special Teams that are once again relevant instead of an afterthought!

Development of quality depth especially on both lines!

Dictation of time of possession!

Improved tackling and coverage schemes!

In essence, a return to BOBBY BALL!!

Ursus1 said:
Swagger....earned, not faked
I actually completely agree with this. It was always the worst to hear about how much swagger and confidence the team had, and then only see it when the team was blowing out bad teams.

I would go with.
1. a quaterback who can complete
at least 60% of his passes. 2 to 1 touchdowns to interceptions. don't care which one it is.
2. runningbacks to get around 2,000 total yards combined.any combination would do. hoping Calhoun has a big year .
3. tightends to catch around 35- 40 balls this year. think bingham could have a big year.
4.sims to have a big year. on the d. line.
5. move Roberson to linebacker. be a playmaker.
6. hopefully see crow step in at safety, big physical kid.

7.special team is good at punter, improve at placekicking.
8. finish the season around 7-4, 8-3 with a 2nd round playoff game.

I had forgotten about swagger. Seems that was a big thread topic here when Stitt took over for Mick. We got it back! Wait a minute, no we didn't. It has to be back this time right?

It will be. Players say intensity is up 110% over the last coach.

day/night

Back