• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Urban Meyer

Grizwold

Time for everybody to step up to the plate. The good or bad ole days are over. Everybody is accountable. No more hiding behind anything. I hope and am pretty sure our staff will pay attention to this. If you are a player or a member of the Griz org. please do the right thing. Use your head and stay the F-ck out of trouble. It's that simple!

Grizwold said:
Time for everybody to step up to the plate. The good or bad ole days are over. Everybody is accountable. No more hiding behind anything. I hope and am pretty sure our staff will pay attention to this. If you are a player or a member of the Griz org. please do the right thing. Use your head and stay the F-ck out of trouble. It's that simple!
Maybe OSU will make Meyer the new University president.

Sure, it's all Meyer's fault. Fire him and ban him from every coaching again.

Why can't the people be responsible for their own actions?

Why can't things be kept in perspective?

Meyer has now said that he followed procedures and reported the 2015 incident.

The coach in question says that the Ohio St AD is the one who informsed him of allegations. The coach has never been convicted of abuse. The coach has denied ever hitting his wife.

His ex wife has said the following:

"In an interview with Stadium, Courtney Smith said she was warned by other people in her life not to press charges on her then-husband: 'I was told: 'Don't call the police. If you call the police, he's going to get arrested, it's going to go to the media, he's going to lose his job. What are you and the kids going to do?''

The couple has two children together.

Courtney Smith did not press charges after the alleged incident in 2009. However, Zach Smith was investigated on suspicion of domestic violence in 2015 after an altercation that allegedly resulted in unspecified injuries to Courtney, who told the Powell, Ohio police that she was abused habitually by her then-husband."

Sure, fire Urban Meyer. It's all his fault. And, how does an unemployed coach pay child support? believe I read that he was set to make about $370,000 this year.

WaGriz4life said:
Urban is really about to get fired for minding his own business.

I mean, he knew about all of this and still found a reason to keep Smith on his staff. Hard to find a good justification for that. Not to mention Meyer has a pretty long history of being shady.

When you are the head coach you don’t have the luxury of minding your own business. I read that his contract required him to report any title 9 violations related to domestic violence in his program. So if that’s accurate he can’t just mind his own business he has to do the exact opposite. Dude is getting paid the big bucks, so man and up just do what the fuck you are contractually obligated to do rather then play games with this stuff and have this result play out which makes it worse for everyone including OSU nation. So don’t blame the wife or the asst. coach, ncaa, feminazis blah blah blah. IMO

Dutch Lane said:
When you are the head coach you don’t have the luxury of minding your own business. I read that his contract required him to report any title 9 violations related to domestic violence in his program. So if that’s accurate he can’t just mind his own business he has to do the exact opposite. Dude is getting paid the big bucks, so man and up just do what the f*** you are contractually obligated to do rather then play games with this stuff and have this result play out which makes it worse for everyone including OSU nation. So don’t blame the wife or the asst. coach, ncaa, feminazis blah blah blah. IMO
:clap:

If he had even a sniff that there might be a problem in a toxic relationship he should have dealt with it back in 2009. That crap can't be around a program. No sympathy for him from me. And douche bag Smith can go work at Burger King to pay his child support, or if Urban is worried about the well being of those kids he can give them some of his salary.

Look at the 2d para. From what Smith and Meyer have said, everything was reported. In fact, the police made a report to Ohio St on the 2015 incident. Why is Meyer getting blamed for this? Has Smith ever been charged with domestic abuse, let along convicted? Not that I've noticed.

"Then, the interview got to what really pertains to Urban Meyer's current situation at Ohio State. When asked about how many people knew of the 2015 allegations against him, Smith claimed that "plenty of people knew about the allegation" within the Ohio State athletic department. As for whether the university followed proper protocol on the matter, Smith says it did.

"[Ohio State] handled it exactly how they should have handled it. The police alerted them. They investigated it, and there were no criminal charges," Smith stated.

Toward the end of the interview, Smith again emphasized that he never committed any act of domestic violence against his ex-wife. He reiterated that it was a "toxic" relationship, and that he may have had to "defensively restrain her." As for the threatening texts given to his ex-wife, which Brett McMurphy also got from Courtney, Smith said, “I didn’t see those (texts). I’ve seen the pictures. I’ve made mistakes. I was still in love with her when we got divorced, but I don’t believe I threatened her.”

All I can say is that I would never want to share a fox hole with the likes of Ari and Ursus1. You two could never been counted on. You are the definition of cut and run.

What about all the abuse by the doctor at Ohio St? Hundreds of women. Who's been fired over that.

Hypocrites.

ari gold said:
WaGriz4life said:
Urban is really about to get fired for minding his own business.

I mean, he knew about all of this and still found a reason to keep Smith on his staff. Hard to find a good justification for that. Not to mention Meyer has a pretty long history of being shady.

Smith was the son of one of Meyer's mentors and a long time friend.

So what good or benefit would have occurred if Smith, the asst coach, had been terminated a number of years ago? Just curious. Is it you think that not being able to pay child support starting in 2015 would have helped the situation?

"Three months ago, Smith and Meyer both spoke in St. John Arena at the celebration of life for Earle Bruce, the former Ohio State coach who died at age 87. Thursday, Meyer fired Smith.

Bruce was Meyer's mentor in coaching, and nearly a second father in his professional and personal life. Bruce was Smith's grandfather. To know how Meyer felt about Bruce is to understand that Meyer viewed Bruce as family. That made Smith family.

Smith would not have been Ohio State's receivers coach, would not have followed Meyer his entire career, if he hadn't been Bruce's grandson. Smith followed Meyer to Florida, graduating from there and serving five years as a quality control coach and grad assistant from 2005-09.

In 2010, Smith became the Marshall receivers coach ... under former Meyer assistant Doc Holliday.

In 2011, Smith became Temple's receivers coach ... under former Meyer assistant Steve Addazio.

In 2012, Smith, at age 27, became Ohio State's receivers coach.

Everything about Smith's career is tied to Meyer, by way of his grandfather."

Dutch Lane said:
When you are the head coach you don’t have the luxury of minding your own business. I read that his contract required him to report any title 9 violations related to domestic violence in his program. So if that’s accurate he can’t just mind his own business he has to do the exact opposite. Dude is getting paid the big bucks, so man and up just do what the fuck you are contractually obligated to do rather then play games with this stuff and have this result play out which makes it worse for everyone including OSU nation. So don’t blame the wife or the asst. coach, ncaa, feminazis blah blah blah. IMO

Nice post, Dutch.

There's a nice article in ESPN by Adelson about Meyer. The data from his time in Gainsville and the list of his assistant coaches would give pause, one would think, to anyone hiring and retaining Meyer.The uproar in Knoxville over one of his assistants ought to make anyone who defends this individual be questioned for rational thoughts. I would assume Haslam will soon get plucked out of UM to go clean up that athletic department as I'm certain the other Smith is soon to be gone.

Dutch you nailed it. That's exactly what my point of this whole post is. If you or one of your assistants or a player mess up, you are probably done. Out the door. No more hiding. The game has changed. The game being hiding behind stuff. We all have to follow the rules. If we don't we get in trouble. Not saying it was Meyers fault, but he should have nipped it in the bud. He didnt. It's that simple anymore. Don't F-ck up or social media will eat you up!

And Player I get what your saying. Innocent until proven guilty. I get that. I am just hoping that after all the shit this program has went thru since 2011 that we get it now. Don't F up. Anybody. It's not that hard to do. Run a clean program. Let it be known that if you want to be a bone head in any way shape or form, there's the door! It really is that simple!

Dutch Lane said:
When you are the head coach you don’t have the luxury of minding your own business. I read that his contract required him to report any title 9 violations related to domestic violence in his program. So if that’s accurate he can’t just mind his own business he has to do the exact opposite. Dude is getting paid the big bucks, so man and up just do what the f*** you are contractually obligated to do rather then play games with this stuff and have this result play out which makes it worse for everyone including OSU nation. So don’t blame the wife or the asst. coach, ncaa, feminazis blah blah blah. IMO

I heard title 9 is not applicable in this case as the alleged "victim" was not a university employee...

What has happened to our system in this country that has caused this lynch-mob mentality? The assistant coach was never convicted of abusing his wife. So, should Meyer have fired him just because of the accusation of such by his wife? I find it reprehensible that our society has degraded to the point that simple accusations, with no proof, can be used to ruin careers (and lives).

That is also a great post 4theluvofgriz. And make some great pts. It is sad the way society is going.

4theluvofgriz said:
What has happened to our system in this country that has caused this lynch-mob mentality? The assistant coach was never convicted of abusing his wife. So, should Meyer have fired him just because of the accusation of such by his wife? I find it reprehensible that our society has degraded to the point that simple accusations, with no proof, can be used to ruin careers (and lives).

I agree. Note that the asst has never even been charged with abusing his wife--let alone convicted.

Back