• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Week #1 Top 25 and BSC

Paytonlives

Staff member
Looking at the schedule if the Griz can get past UNI they might jump up to the top 12 or 14.

FCS Finals- Week 0 & 1
#1 N Dakota St (1-0) Beat Cal Poly (0-1) 49-3
#2 James Madison (0-1) Lost at (FBS) N. Carolina State (1-0) 24-13
#3 S Dakota St (0-0) Losing at (FBS) Iowa State (0-0) Cancelled
#4 Sam Houston S. (0-0) is OFF
#5 Kennesaw St. (0-1) Lost at (FBS) Georgia State (1-0) 24-20
#6 Jacksonville St. (0-1) Lost to #14 N Carolina A&T (1-0) 20-17
#7 New Hampshire (0-1) Lost at Maine (1-0) 35-7
#8 Weber St. (0-1) Lost at (FBS) Utah (1-0) 41-10
#9 Eastern Washington (1-0) Beat Central Washington (0-1) 58-13
#10 Wofford (1-0) Beat Citadel (0-1) 28-21
#11 Samford (1-0) Beat Shorter (0-1) 66-9
#12 Elon (0-1) Lost at (FBS) South Florida (1-0) 34-14
#13 Northern Iowa (0-1) Lost at #24 Montana (1-0) 26-23
#14 N Carolina A&T (1-0) Beat #6 Jacksonville St (0-1) 20-17
#14 N Carolina A&T (1-0) at (FBS) East Carolina (0-0) Postponed
#15 Delaware (0-1) Lost to Rhode Island (1-0) 21-19
#16 Cent Arkansas (0-1) Lost at (FBS) Tulsa (1-0) 38-27
#17 McNeese St. (1-0) Beat N Colorado (0-1) 17-14
#18 Nicholls St. (1-0) Beat (FBS) Kansas (0-1) 26-23 in OT
#19 Villanova (1-0) Beat (FBS) Temple (0-1) 19-17
#20 Stony Brook (0-0) Lost at (FBS) Air Force (0-0) 38-0
#21 Illinois St. (1-0) Beat St. Xavier (0-1) 46-0
#22 Austin Peay (0-0) Lost at (FBS) Georgia (0-0) 45-0
#23 Furman (0-1) Lost at (FBS) Clemson (1-0) 48-7
#24 Montana (1-0) Beat #13 Northern Iowa (0-1) 26-23
#25 Youngstown St (0-1) Lost to Butler (1-0) 23-21
Used STATS Top 25

Other Big Sky Conference Games
N. Dakota (1-0) Beat Miss. Valley State (0-1) 35-7
msu (1-0) Beat Western Illinois (0-1) 26-23
UC Davis (1-0) Beat (FBS) San Jose State (0-1) 44-38
ISU (1-0) Beat Western State (0-1) 45-10
PSU (0-1) Lost to (FBS) Nevada (1-0) 72-19
NAU (1-0) Beat (FBS) UTEP (0-1) 30-10
S. Utah (0-1) Lost to North Alabama (1-0) 34-30
Sac. State (1-0) Beat St. Francis (0-1) 55-7

Idaho (0-0) Losing at (FBS) Fresno State (0-0) 58-6 in 3rd

BigSkyBears said:
EverettGriz said:
How the hell did noco convince McNeese to travel to Greeley?

Why wouldn't they?

UNC-Bears-3-e1505570180467.jpg

EverettGriz said:
BigSkyBears said:
EverettGriz said:

Why wouldn't they?

So another FCS team should not come to Greeley? I hope you realize you're the most arrogant Griz fan on this website, and that's saying a lot. Please don't tell me you're "Just being honest." Arrogance only gets you so far in life. You need to go eat a piece of humble pie.

BigSkyBears said:
EverettGriz said:
BigSkyBears said:
EverettGriz said:

Why wouldn't they?

So another FCS team should not come to Greeley? I hope you realize you're the most arrogant Griz fan on this website, and that's saying a lot. Please don't tell me you're "Just being honest." Arrogance only gets you so far in life. You need to go eat a piece of humble pie.

I's just calls 'em as I sees 'em.

And that photo says 10,000 words about noco as a DIINO.

EverettGriz said:
BigSkyBears said:
EverettGriz said:
BigSkyBears said:
Why wouldn't they?

I's just calls 'em as I sees 'em.

And that photo says 10,000 words about noco as a DIINO.

Yep - You have a bigger and nicer stadium with lots more fans than UNC and the other Big Sky schools. Keep thumping your chest. That doesn't mean have to be such a prick. . "Arrogance comes from insecurity,..." Desmond Tutu.

Look, I won't even get into the whole "noco doesn't belong in the same league as the GRIZ" discussion. We all know that's an indisputable fact. But even you, bear, have to agree that this is analogous to Michigan traveling to play at Ball State.

Desmond Tutu... Didn't he invent the sprint option made famous by Bill Walsh and the Niners??

EverettGriz said:
Look, I won't even get into the whole "noco doesn't belong in the same league as the GRIZ" discussion. We all know that's an indisputable fact. But even you, bear, have to agree that this is analogous to Michigan traveling to play at Ball State.

Desmond Tutu... Didn't he invent the sprint option made famous by Bill Walsh and the Niners??

You just gotta stop being so arrogant. Montana is not Michigan, Notre Dame, Colorado, or even Colorado State. Stop pretending they are. The next time the Griz come to play a game in Greeley, pm me if you're making the trip. I'll buy you a beer at a brewery in downtown Greeley and show you around campus. It's probably not as bad of a school as you think. We've got the same number of national championship rings as you do (although ours was back-to-back) and we've sent some pretty decent players to the NFL in the recent decade, like Vincent Jackson, Aaron Smith, and Kyle Sloter.

You just seem so hellbent on taking shots at UNC whenever you can. I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep if Montana left for the FBS, but you on the other hand can't stand the fact that UNC is in the 'Sky. It's an odd obsession of yours.

Been to the campus a number of times. Do they teach the meaning muti-syllable words such as "analogous" there?

You're wasting your breath, BigSkyBears. You obviously haven't heard about all the Power 5 conferences (Pac 12, Big 12, Big 10, Mountain West....take your pick) chomping at the bit to include the 1.06 million people in Montana into their conference demographics.

MT Jack said:
You're wasting your breath, BigSkyBears. You obviously haven't heard about all the Power 5 conferences (Pac 12, Big 12, Big 10, Mountain West....take your pick) chomping at the bit to include the 1.06 million people in Montana into their conference demographics.

Oh I forgot! It was just the other day I had to explain to my friend (who is a big college football fan) the difference between U of Montana and Montana State, and what city each university is. Yet, Everette believes the college football world revolves around Griz football.

Paytonlives said:
And yet, NAU and UNC still suck

I'll cut the snark on my end. The Griz have one of the strongest and most passionate fan bases (NDSU is running neck and neck) in FBS. I only wish that NAU's fan base would come close to having even an inkling of such fervor one day...but I'm not holding my breath. The Jacks have improved over the last few years but they aren't consistent contenders. I predict EWU, Weber State and S. Utah

That being said, the last time U of M won the league was 2011. They aren't top dog right now. EWU holds that position. Southern Utah has a claim as well. U of M definitely has the best infrastructure in place but they haven't put the best quality product on the field for quite a while. The Griz certainly seem to have the easiest path back to being on top of the Big Sky compared to other teams who have slipped the past few years. If the Griz can re-ignite the spark they previously had under Hauck, then I'll be a believer again. Until then......

MT Jack said:
Paytonlives said:

I'll cut the snark on my end. The Griz have one of the strongest and most passionate fan bases (NDSU is running neck and neck) in FBS. I only wish that NAU's fan base would come close to having even an inkling of such fervor one day...but I'm not holding my breath. The Jacks have improved over the last few years but they aren't consistent contenders. I predict EWU, Weber State and S. Utah

That being said, the last time U of M won the league was 2011. They aren't top dog right now. EWU holds that position. Southern Utah has a claim as well. U of M definitely has the best infrastructure in place but they haven't put the best quality product on the field for quite a while. The Griz certainly seem to have the easiest path back to being on top of the Big Sky compared to other teams who have slipped the past few years. If the Griz can re-ignite the spark they previously had under Hauck, then I'll be a believer again. Until then......

MT Jack, your level headed reasoning has no place here

Catsrgrood said:
MT Jack said:
Paytonlives said:

MT Jack, your level headed reasoning has no place here
Are you taking notes? Good

Back