• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cy Sirmon - switch to OL

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Much like Justin Calhoun putting the team before himself, Cy Sirmon makes yet another switch to help the team. He is on a path similar to Mike Ralston who held his own on the O Line last year after multiple position switches:

“Redshirt-junior Cy Sirmon has always been one of those guys who will do anything for the team, including switch positions if that's what the coaches ask of him.

Since arriving at Montana in 2015, Sirmon has played in 21 games, and held three different positions, starting at linebacker as a freshman, moving to defensive end and bumping to the defensive interior after bulking up.

This week, Sirmon's name got called again to help the team out, making a move to the offensive line where he will take reps as a guard. His fourth move comes with a change of jersey too, now wearing No. 66.”

HookedonGriz said:
Much like Justin Calhoun putting the team before himself, Cy Sirmon makes yet another switch to help the team. He is on a path similar to Mike Ralston who held his own on the O Line last year after multiple position switches:

“Redshirt-junior Cy Sirmon has always been one of those guys who will do anything for the team, including switch positions if that's what the coaches ask of him.

Since arriving at Montana in 2015, Sirmon has played in 21 games, and held three different positions, starting at linebacker as a freshman, moving to defensive end and bumping to the defensive interior after bulking up.

This week, Sirmon's name got called again to help the team out, making a move to the offensive line where he will take reps as a guard. His fourth move comes with a change of jersey too, now wearing No. 66.”

Imagine that. A kid from Washington state who puts his team first. Probably wears Griz gear too. Here’s to you Cy Sirmon. :clap: :thumb:

bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:

Imagine that. A kid from Washington state who puts his team first. Probably wears Griz gear too. Here’s to you Cy Sirmon. :clap: :thumb:

I see what you did there :)

HookedonGriz said:
bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:

I see what you did there :)

I didn’t see what he did...and you’re wrong he still wears his high school teams gear. Wait...OH now I see... :thumb: kidding

HookedonGriz said:

List of players(I’m sure I’m missing some so please add to it)that have unselfishly put team before self....

Justin Calhoun-WR to CB
Caleb Hill-QB to TE
Cy Sirmon-DL to OL
Vika Fa'atuiese-LB to FB

:clap:

Ursus1 said:
How big is he now, can't trust roster numbers

He looks huge to me and I know he’s one of the strongest guys on the team. There’s some videos floating around of him lifting and he’s a beast. I’m guessing he’s close to 270 but crazy powerful.

Grizzly96 said:
HookedonGriz said:

List of players(I’m sure I’m missing some so please add to it)that have unselfishly put team before self....

Justin Calhoun-WR to CB
Caleb Hill-QB to TE
Cy Sirmon-DL to OL
Vika Fa'atuiese-LB to FB

:clap:

Esai Longoria switched from D Line to O Line as well.

HookedonGriz said:
Ursus1 said:
How big is he now, can't trust roster numbers

He looks huge to me and I know he’s one of the strongest guys on the team. There’s some videos floating around of him lifting and he’s a beast. I’m guessing he’s close to 270 but crazy powerful.

Great! Thanks

Impressive. Hats off to Sirmon. Wish him all the luck and success in the world. Will be rooting for him wildly. 66 is my new favorite number.

Update of players changing positions to help the team....

Justin Calhoun-WR to CB
Caleb Hill-QB to TE
Cy Sirmon-DL to OL
Vika Fa'atuiese-LB to FB
Trase LeTexier LB to FB
Esai Longoria-DL to OL
Kobey Eaton- WR to CB

My hats off to these men willing to do what the teams needs to have a chance to succeed. Thank you :clap:

Grizzly96 said:
Update of players changing positions to help the team....

Justin Calhoun-WR to CB
Caleb Hill-QB to TE
Cy Sirmon-DL to OL
Vika Fa'atuiese-LB to FB
Trase LeTexier LB to FB
Esai Longoria-DL to OL
Kobey Eaton- WR to CB

My hats off to these men willing to do what the teams needs to have a chance to succeed. Thank you :clap:

Absolutely +1

Back