• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thoughts on Buss: is he good to go?

hilinegrizfan

Methinks yes. In every interview I've seen/heard, when he is asked if he expects to play, a smirk comes across his face and he says "i feel good, that's all i can say" with a half grin and small laugh. It seems so obvious to me that he has been told to conceal the fact that hes fine. I don't know, if i were him and i was going to be injured all season, i don't know if i would be so jovial about people asking me if I'm going to be able to play.

edit: he also says "i really can't comment on that" to just about every other question regarding his thoughts on playing this year and he is smiling the whole time he says that as well...

Agreed about everything you said. I'm not holding my breath, but it also wouldn't surprise me to see him on the field in a couple weeks.

Hoping so. Perhaps Bobby is just reducing the number of times he could reinjure to game only situations when it counts not risking losing him to a meaningless practice play, while at same time getting valuable reps to backups. Smart move if true.

I think if he was good to go he’d be participating at practice as opposed to wearing a blue jersey and sitting on the side working out with the strength and conditioning coaches. I think he will be back this year but from all I am hearing it sounds like we will be lucky to have him back for conference play

hilinegrizfan said:
Methinks yes. In every interview I've seen/heard, when he is asked if he expects to play, a smirk comes across his face and he says "i feel good, that's all i can say" with a half grin and small laugh. It seems so obvious to me that he has been told to conceal the fact that hes fine. I don't know, if i were him and i was going to be injured all season, i don't know if i would be so jovial about people asking me if I'm going to be able to play.

edit: he also says "i really can't comment on that" to just about every other question regarding his thoughts on playing this year and he is smiling the whole time he says that as well...

Like most griz fans, I try to look at the situation realistically. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. However, I am with hilinegrizfan, the smile/smirk on Buss' face says more than anything anyone is saying. That's the look of a man who is trying to lie, but is unable to hide his true feelings. He says he "feels great". Not better, not ok, or even good... "I feel great", (but I can't talk about it(oops I shouldn't be smiling))

If it was a grade 1 injury then it would be around 6-8 week of recovery for most athletes. It happened in the ending part of June. So that would put his 8 weeks at next week. He never was 100% back from the shoulder when this happened. so you would think that they are trying to hold him back and keep him healing as long as possible. That would mean he might happen to start getting back into the swing of things...at the start of game week....which I suppose will be closed. The more that comes out the more I think he will play a decent amount this year. If this was grade 2 or worse. He is a potential NFL player and athlete...he would have had surgery right away and been out for the year. You don't wait on this injury and have surgery later if you wanna be 100% again. So either he had surgery and we are all fools (he would have been in a sling) or he had grade 1 and we should see him atleast at some point if all goes well

Have you ever seen a healthy player consistentaly not practice ever? In any sport, at any position, at any level? He has to still have some injury issues, but not nearly as severe as we all hope.

Every player is "fine" until they aren't. He might be feeling good and looking good during practices, now. Then, the first time he goes full speed in a real game, the injuries could slow him down, again.

Igotgoodsources said:
Have you ever seen a healthy player consistentaly not practice ever? In any sport, at any position, at any level? He has to still have some injury issues, but not nearly as severe as we all hope.
I agree and hope it is something minor. Heck maybe he had an appendectomy or something unrelated to his shoulder injury.

I'd be very surprised if he plays against Northern Iowa. I don't think we will need him for Drake. The earliest I think he plays, assuming is well, is the Western Illinois game.

Gaeilge1 said:
I'd be very surprised if he plays against Northern Iowa. I don't think we will need him for Drake. The earliest I think he plays, assuming is well, is the Western Illinois game.

Agree, if then even :(

Mthoss said:
Course we'll never know.. cause everything is such top secret around this team.
I didn't read your earlier post, but pretty obvious you have some sort of agenda. Personally, I have low expectations this year with always high Griz hopes. I will wait till year 3 before judging much, which is the same grace I gave Stitt before realizing our AD made a huge mistake.

Latest posts

Back