• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Softball

alabamagrizzly said:
EverettGriz said:
Umista said:
If none have noticed the girls are doing OK. This will be a down year as we all know but coach Pinks is very good and I see he is getting the girls to think ahead. I see a great future ahead!

It's going to be great watching this team develop over the next 2-3 years. It's awesome UM has softball. Now if they could just find a way to get baseball....
Sorry but I'd rather see wrestling come back.

Great sport, but unfortunately a dying one. Very few universities offer it.

And it just doesn't have the spectator appeal that college baseball does.

Girls lost again but they are getting much better. I am glad to see they are figuring out the college game. Pinks will have them rolling before it's all over. Next few years!

Umista said:
Girls lost again but they are getting much better. I am glad to see they are figuring out the college game. Pinks will have them rolling before it's all over. Next few years!

:thumb:

Yesterday the girls hit....but like Pinks mentioned they hit the ball right at the defensive player. One of those baseball/softball issues and as time goes by these girls will impress!

EverettGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
EverettGriz said:
Umista said:
If none have noticed the girls are doing OK. This will be a down year as we all know but coach Pinks is very good and I see he is getting the girls to think ahead. I see a great future ahead!

It's going to be great watching this team develop over the next 2-3 years. It's awesome UM has softball. Now if they could just find a way to get baseball....
Sorry but I'd rather see wrestling come back.

Great sport, but unfortunately a dying one. Very few universities offer it.

And it just doesn't have the spectator appeal that college baseball does.

I'm pretty sure more universities would offer and have good wrestling programs if it weren't for Title IX. Montana is a good wrestling state and there would be solid spectator interest if there was ever a chance in hell of either UM or MSU bringing it back.

I'm sure these girls had high hopes but I'm sure they also have realistic expectations. Thus double header against conference favorite Idaho St will tell us more.

Softball indoor practice facility is almost ready as well, and will have turf as well. Softball field will one of the best in the north west.

nice intro to the complex:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3mhEYHg9b0[/youtube]

Great crowd for the home opener today, fans completely surrounded the field several deep. Don't know how many people were there but I would guess 2000+. The field in incredible and with permanent seating would show well on TV. Ladies led most of the first game before fading at the end. A couple very close calls went against the ladies and proved to be the difference in the end.

Saw a couple people tailgating in the parking lot. If they hosted a GSA style tailgate using the practice facility, especially for double headers, Griz could be top 10 in the country for attendance.

the 1st hit @ the new park was a HR, I lost it in the sun but those around us standing along the Right field fence said it hit high on the score board in Left.. Just a Beautiful facility, we got in free with a GSA card (2 people) and brought lawn chairs. Great way to kill a Sunny if a bit rainy afternoon

11070999_10203885671248191_5362975449258357692_n.jpg

Hodor said:
the 1st hit @ the new park was a HR, I lost it in the sun but those around us standing along the Right field fence said it hit high on the score board in Left.. Just a Beautiful facility, we got in free with a GSA card (2 people) and brought lawn chairs. Great way to kill a Sunny if a bit rainy afternoon

11070999_10203885671248191_5362975449258357692_n.jpg

This program has a lot on the upside.

Done very well against some good programs and more than held its own with ISU.

This roster dominated with freshmen/sophomores will be a force!

Oh yes.....the new facility is great addition to UM and south campus sports complex.

Go Griz!!

putter said:
EverettGriz said:
This is so damn cool. I'm excited for this program's future.

Wow! I agree Everett...if you are going to do it, do it right!

I agree. When it was announced that UM would start a softball program, I wrongly thought that they would start with minimum effort to just meet Title IX, probably with mostly in-State recruits and an old Montana high school coach. Instead, UM hires a quality coach and recruits out-of-State heavily. Then builds a beautiful stadium. We attended the ISU games this weekend and had a great time. THESE KIDS CAN PLAY! We are already looking forward to the next home stand!!

maroonandsilver said:
putter said:
EverettGriz said:
This is so damn cool. I'm excited for this program's future.

Wow! I agree Everett...if you are going to do it, do it right!

I agree. When it was announced that UM would start a softball program, I wrongly thought that they would start with minimum effort to just meet Title IX, probably with mostly in-State recruits and an old Montana high school coach. Instead, UM hires a quality coach and recruits out-of-State heavily. Then builds a beautiful stadium. We attended the ISU games this weekend and had a great time. THESE KIDS CAN PLAY! We are already looking forward to the next home stand!!

Not only can they play, but they would make a great UM calendar...What a bunch of attractive young women!

Back